• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BodyBugg Reviews: Is It Worth It? Groupon Has a Deal!

In summary, the BodyBugg is a pedometer, accelerometer, and GSR monitor all in one. It is meant to be worn on the upper arm during the day to track movement and calories burned, and can be used with a free basic subscription or a more expensive subscription that includes personalized plans with reports. Some people have found it helpful in losing weight, although it may be more complicated than others are willing to tolerate. The FitBit is a similar product, but does not include the GSR monitor.
esavvymom
Staff member
Has anyone used the BodyBugg (like seen on Biggest Loser I think)?
What do you think? Is it worth it?

Groupon has a deal on it for $99, instead of the $250 it normally runs.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/g1gd-bodybugg-personal-calorie-management-system-raleigh-durham-nc

Just wondering what people who have used it thought. And also, is it something that once I was done using it (losing weight), could I pass it on to a family member to use it for herself also?

Bobbi,I used it and it was VERY inspiring for me. If you don't like to count calories, this may not be for you but I've found that to be the best way for me to lose weight.Can you tell what type of subscription (for the online support that is needed) is included with this (one year, six months?). If the subscription is included, this is a great deal. I also had the wireless upload thingy (that's a technical term). This allowed me to easily check where I was at throughout the day (as far as burning calories) and helped keep me motivated to MOVE more.I need to re-up my subscription but don't want to do so till I'm really ready to commit to tracking my meals and serious daily exercise.You can share it with someone else, when you're done. (the company will say you can't) I actually purchased mine from someone on Craig's list so I'm a second owner. You just have to change the stats online (age, weight, etc.)In case you can't tell, this is something you wear on your upper arm during your waking hours -- something to keep in mind if you think that might bother you.

It says it includes 6-month membership.

Body Media used to have one that was the exact same thing just no subscription required (that was 2 years ago). I had one(BB) and switched because of the price of the subscription. I found that if you are obsessive about anything you can work too hard to raise those calories burned.

I would look at the FitBit. I have one and I love it! It's really small. You can wear it on your pants, shoes, or even clip it to your bra!You can check where you're at with a click. It has a community board where you can add friends and compete against them in steps or activity level. You can add in your food and other exercise right on their site. I really love it! It's only $99 and it's free for a basic subscription. If you want a personalized plan with reports, etc...it's $49 / year. This is what all the Curves in the US use apparently.

I used it--it is made by BodyMedia for 24 hr fitness. I lost 60 pounds.

PamperedK said:
I would look at the FitBit. I have one and I love it! It's really small. You can wear it on your pants, shoes, or even clip it to your bra!

BodyBugg is a bit more complicated as it is not just a pedometer. It does these things:

Accelerometer: The BB tracks physical movement and calculates expenditure based on this and gravity.
Heat flux: The BB measures heat output-in general, the more heat you put out, the more calories you're expending. (This does not mean that just feeling hot burns calories; this means that your body is generating heat through higher rates of activity, so you can put down the habanero peppers and forget about the sauna for fat loss). This technology was patented in the U.S. in 1996.
Galvanic skin response: Unfortunately for all the people who have stuck a fork in a toaster, the body conducts electricity. The GSR monitor measures the conductivity of the skin, which can be affected by physical exertion.
Skin temperature: The BB keeps track of skin temperature, measuring changes and correlating these with exertion.

the fitbit also tracks physical movement other than steps. it doesn't do the skin/heat response though. it does give you a really accurate estimate of calories burned per activity and per day.

1. What is the BodyBugg and how does it work?

The BodyBugg is a wearable fitness tracker that uses advanced sensors to track your daily activity, including calories burned, steps taken, and sleep quality. It works by measuring your body's movements and converting them into data that can be viewed through the accompanying app.

2. Is the BodyBugg worth the investment?

Many people have found the BodyBugg to be a valuable tool for tracking their fitness progress and staying motivated. However, it ultimately depends on your personal fitness goals and budget. Some users have seen significant results and find the device to be well worth the cost, while others may prefer a more affordable option.

3. What makes the Groupon deal for the BodyBugg special?

The Groupon deal for the BodyBugg often offers a discounted price for the device, making it a more affordable option for those interested in trying it out. Groupon also offers a satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not satisfied with the product, you can return it for a full refund.

4. Are there any downsides to using the BodyBugg?

Some users have reported issues with the BodyBugg's accuracy, particularly when it comes to tracking calorie burn. Additionally, the device may feel bulky or uncomfortable for some users to wear throughout the day.

5. Can the BodyBugg be used with other fitness apps?

Yes, the BodyBugg can be synced with other popular fitness apps such as MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, and Apple Health. This allows you to view all of your fitness data in one place and track your progress more easily.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
Replies
Views
ladybug