1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Body found near Dominguez Canyon

1. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

Probably not Paige.

Link: KJCT 8 News (ABC affiliate)

Body found near Dominguez Canyon

Mesa County Search and Rescue is assisting Mesa County Sheriff Deputies in the recovery of a body found by hikers Wednesday.

We are learning the call came in early afternoon on Tuesday. Emergency response crews had a long hike into the scene at the Dominguez Trail Head on the uncompahgre National Forest. We've learned they got their as the sun was setting and realized they didn't have enough time to recover the body.

They set off for the site again Thursday morning and have reached the body. They are in the process of recovery. The Mesa County Coroner will determine manner and cause of death. We are not being told anything about the victim at this time, except investigators did say it is not the body of high profile missing Grand Junction woman Paige Birgfeld.

2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I so wish Paige's family could have closure. Oh, well, at least this will grant closure to another family.

Aug 27, 2009
  3. The_Kitchen_Guy

I'm trying to decide what the statement means, that the body is not that of Paige. They could have said it wasn't John Doe, Jane Doe, Fred Lunchbox or Oscar Overshoe, they specifically said the body was not that of Paige.

It could mean the body is a male, which would eliminate Paige - but why did they specifically eliminate Paige?

What do they know that they're not telling us? Maybe nothing, and maybe I'm reading something between the lines that isn't there. Still, there's something about that statement that is bothering me. I infer they know something that they're not sharing, probably for good reason.

4. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

KG, not being as close to this as those of you who knew Paige...I will admit that I also read into that and like you feel they know more than they're letting on. I pray that Paige's family and friends can get closure...

Thanks for the continued updates. Everyday I see your morning update, I say a little prayer for Paige, her family, and friends.

Aug 27, 2009
  5. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I think you're on in the fact that they specifically pointed that out. Either they are being very pressured to find a resolution that they have to specifically say that or they know something more...

Aug 28, 2009
  6. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

I'm guessing it's male and they just wanted to put out any flames before the fire got started, and not get anyone's hopes up. I've kinda lost track, but isn't this like the 3rd body they have found out there that wasn't Paige?? I have a good friend who lives in Grand Junction and I'm beginning to wonder if it's the haven she insists that it is!!!

Aug 28, 2009
  7. The_Kitchen_Guy

There is no ideal place to live. If there were, everyone would be living there.

There are only some places that aren't as bad as others.

I expect that Grand Junction is a much better place to live than...well, pick a place. I'm not going to, lest I upset someone who lives in that place.

8. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Thanks, KG. After reading about Jaycee that came to police after being kidnapped at age 11, it almost makes one hopeful, but I realize that the way Paige's car was left that her story will turn out other wise.

Echoing Rae Ann's post...at least some one will have some closure.

Aug 28, 2009
  9. The_Kitchen_Guy

I think we all know what the outcome is/will be, we're just not saying it.

I just want the case to come to a close, so Paige's family can have some peace, and so that the perpetrator(s) are brought to justice and get their just reward.

Have something to add?