• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blue Mark on Stoneware? Help!!

In summary, the email says that the person's sister's party and they bought a stoneware pan. They used it and then found an unusual problem. They cleaned it as instructed, but when it dried it left a blue mark. They're not sure what caused the problem, but they're thinking it might be something with the pan or the cleaning materials. They're also worried about how to fix the problem.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I know I've seen this question before but for the life of me I can't remember the answer. Here's the email I just received,

At my sister's party ( ), I purchased a stoneware pan. I used it (and loved it) but have encountered an unusual problem. I cleaned at as indicated (hot water, no soaking, no soap, use the little brown scraper). When it dried, it left (get this) a blue mark on the tray. What can I do for this?

Can anyone tell me what could have caused this? I'm thinking maybe whatever she dried it with since she says she only used the scraper. And how does she get rid of this?

This is her first piece of stoneware and I of course, want to keep her happy. She has booked a show for June. She's also 1 1/2 hours away so it's not like I can just drive over and look at it myself.

Any ideas?

hmmmmWhen I got my starter kit, I was wiping my flat stone dry w/ a towel and it got some red from the towel on the stone. Maybe that was the case with her.

Suggest the baking soda/water soak and hopefully this does the trick. After continual use her stone will be black so maybe it wont even show? I know thats not an answer she'd want to hear.

Good luck! Post what you find out from her.

Especially when a stone is new and not as smooth, fuzzy towels do leave some fuzz behind. That's what I would guess is happening. Otherwise, did she cook something blue on it? (ha, ha) Not that I could even imagine what THAT would be!:D

Colored sugars!They can be a mess. I have a bar pan with green circles on it from Christmasy Sugar Cookies. That was over two years ago and the stain has never gone away. But I do know it can't hurt you. So, I would be interested too know as well what might release those stains.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to me about this issue with your stoneware pan. I'm sorry to hear that it has left a blue mark on the tray. Let's see if we can figure out what may have caused this and how to fix it.First, it's important to note that while stoneware is very durable and can withstand high temperatures, it is not recommended to use it on the stovetop or under the broiler. This can cause discoloration and damage to the pan.It's possible that the blue mark was caused by a reaction between the stoneware and something that was cooked in it. Foods that are high in acidity, such as tomatoes or citrus fruits, can sometimes cause this type of discoloration. It's also possible that the pan was not seasoned properly before use, which can result in discoloration.To fix this, I would recommend trying the following steps:1. Make sure the pan is completely cool and dry.
2. Mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste.
3. Gently scrub the blue mark with the paste and a soft sponge or cloth.
4. Rinse the pan thoroughly with hot water.
5. If the mark is still there, try using a small amount of white vinegar on a soft cloth to gently scrub the area.
6. Rinse again with hot water and dry completely.If these steps do not remove the blue mark, it's possible that it

What causes the blue mark on stoneware?

The blue mark on stoneware is typically caused by metals in the glaze reacting with minerals in the food. This can happen when acidic or highly pigmented foods are cooked or baked on stoneware.

Can the blue mark be removed?

In most cases, the blue mark can be removed with a gentle scrub using a non-abrasive cleaner and a nylon scrub brush. However, some staining may be permanent.

Is the blue mark harmful?

The blue mark on stoneware is not harmful and is safe to use for cooking and baking. It is simply a cosmetic issue and does not affect the functionality of the stoneware.

How can I prevent the blue mark from happening?

To prevent the blue mark from occurring, avoid cooking or baking highly acidic or pigmented foods on stoneware. If you do cook these types of foods, make sure to thoroughly clean the stoneware after each use.

Can I still use stoneware with a blue mark?

Yes, you can still use stoneware with a blue mark. As mentioned before, the blue mark is purely cosmetic and does not affect the performance of the stoneware. However, if the blue mark bothers you, you can try removing it with a gentle scrub or consider purchasing a new piece of stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• FFBearPChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Zsu
  • BethanyN
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
CAPCnewbie
  • aPamperedBride