• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blue mark on stoneware? HELP!!

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
I know I've seen this question before but for the life of me I can't remember the answer. Here's the email I just received,

At my sister's party ( ), I purchased a stoneware pan. I used it (and loved it) but have encountered an unusual problem. I cleaned at as indicated (hot water, no soaking, no soap, use the little brown scraper). When it dried, it left (get this) a blue mark on the tray. What can I do for this?

Can anyone tell me what could have caused this? I'm thinking maybe whatever she dried it with since she says she only used the scraper. And how does she get rid of this?

This is her first piece of stoneware and I of course, want to keep her happy. She has booked a show for June. She's also 1 1/2 hours away so it's not like I can just drive over and look at it myself.

Any ideas?

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
hmmmm

When I got my starter kit, I was wiping my flat stone dry w/ a towel and it got some red from the towel on the stone. Maybe that was the case with her.

Suggest the baking soda/water soak and hopefully this does the trick. After continual use her stone will be black so maybe it wont even show? I know thats not an answer she'd want to hear.

Good luck! Post what you find out from her.

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
Especially when a stone is new and not as smooth, fuzzy towels do leave some fuzz behind. That's what I would guess is happening. Otherwise, did she cook something blue on it? (ha, ha) Not that I could even imagine what THAT would be!:D

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colored sugars!

They can be a mess. I have a bar pan with green circles on it from Christmasy Sugar Cookies. That was over two years ago and the stain has never gone away. But I do know it can't hurt you. So, I would be interested too know as well what might release those stains.