• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones?

In summary, Amanda made potato crisps with blue cheese and they were not good. Sandi made them with cheddar and they were delicious.
sandilou
Silver Member
A couple weeks ago we were talking about doing the potato crisps on stoneware instead of the MMP. I was just wondering if anyone had a chance to try that yet and how did it turn out.

TIA,
Sandi

I haven't yet, but was also wondering if anyone has tried them with a different type of cheese???

I made them with cheddar. More sodium and fat than Blue Cheese which is why PC went with it originally, but oh well. I don't like moldy cheese. ;)

Amanda, that's exactly why I didn't want to fix them with Blue Cheese! Did they turn out OK? And did you do them in the MMP or on one of the stones?

I did them in the MMP, but even though I bought the tiny potatoes, a lot of the slices were too big. I had to search through the slices and pick and choose them according to their spot in the cup (the tiny ones had to be for the bottoms). Some of them were kind of tricky, but I got them done and found it to be fine. A little fussy, so I'd be curious to try them on a stone instead. But my fear is that they would slide all over the place and the bacon would probably roll off.

OK -- I just tried it part way. I had some potatoes and blue cheese left over from when I tried it before. I think it is going to work great. I didn't have bacon, but I think they will stack up ok and they were way easier (for me anyway) to get off of a stone and I know that stone will be way easier to clean. I didn't finish them, either. I just wanted to check out what happened with the potatoes and cheese.

Sandi

I don't like Blue Cheese either - I'm planning to make these with Feta

I tried cheddar and it was too greasy. I use a cookie sheet to make them more crisp. On a side note, I HATE bleu cheese, but loved these crisps made with it!

ChefBevShu said:
I haven't yet, but was also wondering if anyone has tried them with a different type of cheese???

I emailed HO about a substitute because stinky cheese just doesn't get it :yuck: Here is their response: "To be honest, there's really
no way to go wrong here. You can use feta or goat cheese even. If not,
try some finely diced mozzarella. We haven't tested these but I think
they should be fine." So, that's what I'm going to try.

I did some for my little guy with a montery jack/cheddar blend (marble cheese) and he LOVED them. This is a kid who HATES potatoes! His review:"Mom, I would eat these every day if I had to....are there any more?"One of the consultants on my team makes them as nachos on the bar pan, so she doesn't worry if they fall over and aren't straight, or if the potatoes are the right size. She says that works great - I'm going to try them like that here.Another one of my team made them in the 12 cup muffin pan - just made them bigger and baked them longer, and those turned out terrific! (she brought them to a meeting.) I don't know how long she baked them though.

ChefBeckyD said:
One of the consultants on my team makes them as nachos on the bar pan, so she doesn't worry if they fall over and aren't straight, or if the potatoes are the right size. She says that works great - I'm going to try them like that here.

Okay, I'm going to have to try that.....because personally I didn't care for the recipe AT ALL. I don't care for blue cheese for one thing but the entire thing was just too difficult. I had a really hard time getting the potato slices to fit in the muffin cups - even though I bought the smallest one's I could find - and then even they seemed to stick and just didn't turn out at all like I had thought they would. However, put together like nachos I think they would be excellent -again, without the blue cheese.

Well, I'm making them tomorrow at a show. I was trying to think if I should make some flavored popcorn or something to mask the stinky :yuck: smell of them baking, but then I thought, there are going to be guys there and beer there, and they probably WILL be good with beer! :D I'm hoping!!

Sandi

Big surprise -- these were a huge hit! :chef: We had to double the batch, but it is easy to do since they had extra ingreds and there are so few of them. They are so much easier to do on a stone!! :thumbup: I used the bar pan, and the host had a bar pan, and since the potatoes don't rise or anything, we really packed them on. They were all gone in a blink of an eye! The host thought they had gotten small red potatoes, but they were pretty big. It never would have worked in the MMP. Super easy recipe!!

Sandi

I made it with both Feta and Bleu. My neighbor liked the Feta, I liked the bleu.

When cooking these on the LBP, in a nacho chip style, do they cook all the way through when layered? I, also, would prefer feta.

Someone shared a recipe for the DCB that was similar to these.
Cut a potato in half, then use the Veggie Wedger to wedge potatoes. Spritz w/ olive oil. Press 2 cloves of garlic over it. Microwave 12 minutes uncovered.
crumble regular crispy fried bacon and blue cheese over top. Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
Tastes like the blue cheese crisps. :thumbup:

You can use any kind of cheese for this, too.

just got back from a leadership retreat, and I think this was Marna Ross' idea.

great weekend~

I made the crisps on the stone some with monterey jack/cheddar for half and the other half with the blue cheese. I liked that I could fit alot of them. It makes them a little messy with the cheese. I love blue cheese and just think they taste better with it. They were good with the other cheese as well. I put some in the MMP and the edges burned and they got ruined. I think I will stick with the bar pan.

1. How do I use the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones?

To use the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones, preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the stone in the oven for 15 minutes before adding the potato crisps. Once the stone is hot, add the crisps and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.

2. Can I use the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones on the grill?

No, the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones are not designed for use on the grill. They are meant to be used in the oven for optimal results.

3. How do I clean the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones?

The Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones are dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing for best results. Use warm water and a mild detergent to clean the stone, and allow it to fully dry before storing.

4. Can I use the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones for other types of food?

Yes, the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones can be used for other types of food such as vegetables, chicken, and fish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.

5. Can I use the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones for frozen food?

No, we do not recommend using the Blue Cheese Potato Crisps on Stones for frozen food. The stone works best with fresh or thawed food for even cooking and crispiness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
themich
  • Ginger428
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies