• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blue Cheese & Cream Cheese Delights: A Trip Down Memory Lane

In summary, this recipe for Blue Cheese & Cream Cheese Delights recommends using a creamy blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola or Roquefort, for the best flavor and texture. While you can experiment with different types of cheese, cream cheese is highly recommended for this dish. These appetizers can be made a day in advance and can also be frozen for up to 1 month. It is best to use a sturdy cracker as the base for these appetizers.
Ginger428
Gold Member
Does anyone remember this, it was awhile ago. Had cream cheese,blue cheese, crushed peppercorn & garlic.... TIA!!
I think it was in a CN....

I can't say that I remember such a recipe, but I have to say the title is just begging for a KG parody thread. :D

It sounds like you might be referring to a recipe for "Peppercorn and Garlic Blue Cheese Spread." This recipe was featured in a Cooking Light magazine from January 2007. Here is the recipe:Ingredients:- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese- 2 cloves garlic, minced- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns- 1/4 teaspoon salt- Assorted crackers or bread for servingInstructions:1. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic, peppercorns, and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.3. Serve with crackers or bread for dipping.Hope this helps!

1. Can I use any type of blue cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of blue cheese that you prefer. However, we recommend using a creamy blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola or Roquefort, for the best flavor and texture in this recipe.

2. Can I substitute the cream cheese with a different type of cheese?

While you can experiment with different types of cheese, we highly recommend using cream cheese for this recipe. The creamy and tangy flavor of cream cheese pairs perfectly with the boldness of blue cheese in this dish.

3. How far in advance can I make these appetizers?

You can prepare these Blue Cheese & Cream Cheese Delights a day in advance. Simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. We recommend allowing them to come to room temperature before serving.

4. Can I freeze these appetizers?

Yes, you can freeze these appetizers for up to 1 month. After preparing them, place them on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to serve, simply bake them from frozen for an additional 5-10 minutes.

5. Can I use a different type of cracker for the base?

Yes, you can use a different type of cracker as the base for these appetizers. However, we recommend using a sturdy cracker that can hold the weight of the cream cheese and blue cheese mixture without breaking. Thin and flimsy crackers may not work as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • jenniferlynne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcjodih