• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Blue Cheese/Bacon/Potato Crisps Be Made on a Stone as Nachos?

In summary, these can be made on a stone as nachos - but the recipe calls for smaller potatoes that don't fit in the muffin pan, so the slices need to be cut in half or forced into the shape of a cone. The larger slices can be fit into the MMP, but the smaller ones need to be sliced into halves or forced into the shape of a cone. They look messy before baking, but turn out great once baked.
cochef
Gold Member
I seem to remember readiing that these can be made on a stone as nachos - is this the recipe I am thinking of? It is so hard to get the potatoes to fit in the MMP. I usually end up slitting the sides of the potato and overlapping it a bit. Any other tips, if this is not the nacho recipe idea?

I can't get my potato slices in the muffin pan at all. All I can figure is they are using some tiny tiny new potatoes! The stone works, but I've never gotten them as crispy as they look in the pictures. They are still good!

Yes, little potatoes are the key. I have sliced them in half before. I love, love, love this recipe, and I don't even like blue cheese! LOL

MeggyNC said:
I can't get my potato slices in the muffin pan at all. All I can figure is they are using some tiny tiny new potatoes! The stone works, but I've never gotten them as crispy as they look in the pictures. They are still good!

There are red potatoes and then there are really tiny ones. I have found them in a small bag about the size of a cantaloupe.

My potatoes shrink as they bake in the oven. They don't quite fit into the wells when I put them in, but they do when I pull the pan out.

When I made these, the smaller slices from the potatoes fit OK in the MMP, but the slightly large slices, I just put a cut halfway into the slice and was able to make a "cone" shape and they fit in. The larger slices, I cut in half.

I used regular potatoes, but made sure I had them on the smaller side. I did not spend the money on the specialty small potatoes.

It looked messy before I put it in the oven, but once they were baked, they turned out great. I think they shrink and mold to the MMP when they bake.

Oh, and this recipe sounded disgusting to me (I hate soggy fries, so thought this would be along the same lines) - but I ended up really liking these. I was surprised!

I did half with bleu cheese and half with cheddar.

Thanks for the suggestions - but do you think they could be done as "stacks" or spread out as nachos on a stone. They really didn't stick together or get real crispy in the MMP.

I was struggling with this recipe too. My potatoes wouldn't sit in the MMP the right way. Finally, on my third attempt, I used the bisquit cutters to force the slices to the correct size and bingo - they were wonderful and I hate blue cheese!

1. How do I make the Blue Cheese/Bacon/Pot. Crisps?

To make the Blue Cheese/Bacon/Pot. Crisps, preheat your oven to 375°F. Slice 2 medium potatoes into thin rounds and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese and bacon bits on top of the potatoes. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are crispy.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer for this recipe. Some popular options include cheddar, mozzarella, or gouda. Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese to find your favorite combination.

3. Can I use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes?

Yes, you can use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes for a twist on this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time as sweet potatoes may cook faster than regular potatoes.

4. How can I make these crisps healthier?

To make these crisps healthier, you can use low-fat cheese and turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. You can also bake the potatoes in the oven instead of frying them for a healthier cooking method.

5. Can I make these crisps in advance and reheat them?

Yes, you can make these crisps in advance and reheat them in the oven or microwave. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat them until they are warmed through. They may not be as crispy after reheating, but they will still be delicious!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithdawn
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies