• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taste the Delicious BLT Mac N Cheese from 29 Mins Cookbook!

In summary, the BLT Mac N Cheese in the 29 Mins cookbook is wonderful and has been a great success for me! I have sold so much more when cooking this at my shows vs other meals because everyone loved the taste and how easy it was!
PamperedCaniac
Just wanted to let everyone know (I may have overlooked this in another discussion beforehand and if so sorry for a new thread) but the BLT Mac N Cheese in the 29 Mins cookbook is wonderful and has been a great success for me! I have sold so much more when cooking this at my shows vs other meals because everyone loved the taste and how easy it was! JUST A NOTE ADD MORE CHEESE then what it says but it is great! I have made that with a cherry cheese turnover for dessert and they are a huge hit with people and then they are telling others about it (got my book show like this)! Just wanted to thorw out what has been a lovely recipe for me! :chef::thumbup:

I will have to try it. The skillet lasagna in the same cookbook is great as well and I have done it as demo a couple of time.

I love this recipe as well. But have to say I don't add more cheese, we are trying to keep the recipe costs down and cheese can be expensive. But if you love and want more cheese go for it :)

I have been dying to try this - but everytime I suggest it - DH shoots me down. I think he is leery of the leeks!

But I tell him how everyone on here raves about it. I will show him your post!

chefdiana2007 said:
I will have to try it. The skillet lasagna in the same cookbook is great as well and I have done it as demo a couple of time.
Yes, I LOVE doing Skillet Lasagna & Garlic Bites as a demo. I also do the Beef Enchilada Casserole from the same cookbook.

rennea said:
I love this recipe as well. But have to say I don't add more cheese, we are trying to keep the recipe costs down and cheese can be expensive. But if you love and want more cheese go for it :)

Well so far my host bought it as a block or too much from the deli (white cheddar), and then the reminder of the cream cheese was used for the cherry cheese turnovers and the parmesan was bagged cheese and I did not use a lot extra of that. I supply the bacon for them that I cook at home on my bar pan before the show too. So I help them out that way w/ cost. I agree about the prices though. Some can be expesive but I always give 3 or 4 options based on price too.;) (I am talking like I have done 150 shows) LOL

Where is the recipe for the Cherry Cheese turnovers from?

kam said:
I have been dying to try this - but everytime I suggest it - DH shoots me down. I think he is leery of the leeks!

But I tell him how everyone on here raves about it. I will show him your post!

Yes, I LOVE doing Skillet Lasagna & Garlic Bites as a demo. I also do the Beef Enchilada Casserole from the same cookbook.

Well the leeks are less strong than an onion so I was able to talk my DH into the meal and he loved it. He was leary too though at first. I was to try the beef enchilada casserole badly! Thanks for the heads up on the taste!

kam said:
Where is the recipe for the Cherry Cheese turnovers from?

A very OLD PC recipe I think. Here it is.. TO EASY but it needs a little more of the cream cheese. That is why I do this meal as a combo just to use one whole block of cream cheese (BLT Mac N Cheese only calls for 4 oz). My guest liked it better with more cream cheese too, and I did not leave the host w/ just 2 oz left over. LOL

1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cherry pie filling
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, chopped

Preheat oven to 375°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and cherry pie filling.

Unroll crescent roll dough; roll out dough to 8 x 15-inch rectangle using Baker's Roller™. Cut 8 circles using Cut-N-Seal™.

Place 2 teaspoons cherry mixture in center of each circle. Fold dough in half, matching edges; seal with Cut-N-Seal™. Place on flat Baking Stone. Brush each turnover with egg white using Pastry Brush. Sprinkle with almonds.

Bake 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown.

PamperedCaniac said:
Well the leeks are less strong than an onion so I was able to talk my DH into the meal and he loved it. He was leary too though at first. I was to try the beef enchilada casserole badly! Thanks for the heads up on the taste!

I like the Beef Enchilada Casserole and it has been a BIG hit when I have made it. DH does not like it :(. He does not like salsa and does not like tomatoes - and this has a mexican salsa/tomato taste to it.

PamperedCaniac said:
A very OLD PC recipe I think. Here it is.. TO EASY but it needs a little more of the cream cheese. That is why I do this meal as a combo just to use one whole block of cream cheese (BLT Mac N Cheese only calls for 4 oz). My guest liked it better with more cream cheese too, and I did not leave the host w/ just 2 oz left over. LOL

1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cherry pie filling
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, chopped

Preheat oven to 375°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and cherry pie filling.

Unroll crescent roll dough; roll out dough to 8 x 15-inch rectangle using Baker's Roller™. Cut 8 circles using Cut-N-Seal™.

Place 2 teaspoons cherry mixture in center of each circle. Fold dough in half, matching edges; seal with Cut-N-Seal™. Place on flat Baking Stone. Brush each turnover with egg white using Pastry Brush. Sprinkle with almonds.

Bake 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown.

Thanks for the recipe! Excellent idea for using all the cream cheese. I hate when a recipe calls for 4 oz (the remaining almost always goes to waste!)

1. What ingredients do I need to make the BLT Mac N Cheese from the 29 Mins Cookbook?

To make this delicious recipe, you will need 8 ounces of elbow macaroni, 6 slices of bacon, 1 cup of grape tomatoes, 1/2 cup of chopped lettuce, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.

2. How long does it take to prepare the BLT Mac N Cheese from the 29 Mins Cookbook?

This recipe can be made in just 29 minutes, as the name suggests. The prep time is 10 minutes and the cook time is 19 minutes.

3. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the BLT Mac N Cheese recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions to suit your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, or substitute the cheddar cheese with a dairy-free alternative. However, keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the dish.

4. Is the BLT Mac N Cheese recipe kid-friendly?

Absolutely! Kids love the combination of bacon, cheese, and pasta in this recipe. You can also involve them in the cooking process by having them help with stirring or topping the dish with lettuce and tomatoes.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the BLT Mac N Cheese ahead of time and reheat it when you're ready to serve. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop. You may need to add a splash of milk to prevent the dish from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies