• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blt Mac & Cheese: Tips for Making This Delicious Dish | Schel's Kitchen

In summary, to make BLT Mac & Cheese, you will need 1 pound of elbow macaroni, 6 slices of bacon, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 2 cups of milk, 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup of diced tomatoes, 1/4 cup of chopped green onions, and salt and pepper to taste. This dish can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Substitutions can be made to suit dietary restrictions, and it can be made healthier by using whole wheat pasta, reducing the amount of cheese and butter, and adding more vegetables. Other toppings, such as blue cheese, avocado, or different types of
schel
Hello,
Anyone made this? I tried it once and it was a disaster. Trying it again in hopes of it working out. Any tips would be great.
Thanks
Schel

OMG this is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

DebbieJ said:
OMG this is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats great, but did you add the cheddar before the noodles were cooked? I did last time and I had paste!~

I love this, too! I wonder what went wrong. I made this for 120 people CAMPING last summer! :D My only problem was the dishwashers had to do more scraping on the bottom than I would have liked.

schel said:
Thats great, but did you add the cheddar before the noodles were cooked? I did last time and I had paste!~

I don't remember. I followed the directions and don't remember having a problem. Maybe you had the heat up too high.

Ok Mmmmmmm! I added the cream cheese to the boiling water, and did not add the shredded cheese til the end after noodles were fully cooked. Also added a bit of mon/jack. This could be the 4 cheese penne sauce they use at Applebee's. Mmmmm!
No more Schwans Penne Augratin for me! This is to easy!
Mmmmmm!
Schel

Wow, you made that quick! (looking at the time stamp from when you asked till your last post) Guess I'll have to try this! :)

I'd love to try this. Which book is it in?

29 mins to dinner (vol1)

yes i too loved this. made it last year at my daughter's 1st bday party lunch and it was a hit. I followed the recipe exactly, and had no problems at all..

Thanks Debbie

...only thing I did different was added the entire 8 oz. block of cream cheese! My family loves it!

What ingredients do I need to make BLT Mac & Cheese?

To make BLT Mac & Cheese, you will need:

• 1 pound of elbow macaroni
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup of diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Can I make BLT Mac & Cheese ahead of time?

Yes, you can make BLT Mac & Cheese ahead of time. Simply prepare the dish as directed and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, reheat the dish in the oven or microwave until it is warmed through.

Can I substitute any ingredients in BLT Mac & Cheese?

Yes, you can make substitutions in BLT Mac & Cheese to suit your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free pasta, turkey bacon, or vegan cheese. Just be sure to adjust the measurements and cooking times accordingly.

How can I make BLT Mac & Cheese healthier?

To make BLT Mac & Cheese healthier, you can use whole wheat pasta, reduce the amount of cheese and butter, and add more vegetables such as spinach or broccoli. You can also use low-fat or skim milk instead of whole milk. Additionally, you can bake the dish instead of using a stovetop method to reduce the amount of added fat.

Can I add any other toppings to BLT Mac & Cheese?

Yes, you can add other toppings to BLT Mac & Cheese to enhance the flavor. Some suggestions include crumbled blue cheese, diced avocado, or a sprinkling of Italian seasoning. You can also experiment with different types of cheese such as pepper jack or gouda for a unique twist on the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • schel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
Replies