1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Blond Brownies using Yellow Cake Mix??

1. jkinak

jkinak Member

I could SWEAR I found a super easy recipe for blond brownies using a yellow cake mix here a couple of weeks ago!! I have searched and can't seem to get it to come back up-does anyone have that recipe???

Thanks!!

Dec 8, 2008
  2. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Jill, I KNOW that recipe was here. I tried the search feature with 'yellow', 'brownie', and 'blond' and I STILL can't find it! I'm still looking though...15 minutes and counting :)

Dec 8, 2008
  3. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

sorry, i tried searching with no luck also!

Dec 8, 2008
  4. jkinak

jkinak Member

Ugh! Thanks for looking! I found something similar on a recipe website so I guess I'll go with that. I MADE them the day I saw the recipe (it was a Sunday!) and I wanted to share the recipe with a co-worker. She doesn't know how to cook anything but I told her she could not get away with bringing chips to our work potluck (again!) :chef:

Dec 9, 2008
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I found this:

1 (18.25 ounce) package Yellow or French Vanilla cake mix
    * 1/3 cup milk
    * 1/4 cup butter, softened
    * 1 egg
    * 1 cup milk chocolate chips (optional but recommended)
    * 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
    2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, butter and egg; mix until well blended. Batter will be thick. Stir in the chocolate chips. Stir in the walnuts if desired. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
    3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back to the touch. Cool before cutting into squares.

The thread wasn't valid any more, but it was in Google's cache. BTW, I have far better luck searching here using Google than using the search that's built into the forum software. Use "site:chefsuccess.com" as the first item, and then the words you're looking for.

Dec 9, 2008
    Jammie likes this.
  6. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Here's a recipe for my blondies:

Blondies using Medium Bar Pan

1 stick of unsalted butter
    1 yellow cake mix
    2 eggs
    1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray medium bar pan with Pam. Melt 1 stick of butter in batter bowl in microwave. Mix contents of yellow cake mix and 2 eggs with the melted butter. Fold in the semi sweet morsels. Spread into medium bar pan. (will look full after spreading). Bake for 22 minutes. Cool on cooling rack for about an hour then cut and remove them from pan. Should make approximately 24 pieces.

Jammie likes this.
  7. jkinak

jkinak Member

Thanks Ann and Harriet!! You guys are awesome! Those are the recipes I saw a couple of weeks ago and they were so yummy!!

Dec 9, 2008
  8. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Your welcome, Jill!

9. Bob Mc

Bob Mc

BLONDE BROWNIES
    1 pkg. yellow cake mix
    1/4 c. butter, softened
    2 eggs
    1/4 c. water
    1/4 c. packed brown sugar
    1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
    1/2 c. nuts
    Grease 9x13 inch pan. Combine 1/2 cake mix with water, butter, eggs and sugar. Mix well. Add remaining cake mix and mix well. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Spread in pan. Bake 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.

Feb 22, 2018
Have something to add?