1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Blog about DCB

1. cookingwithhart

cookingwithhart Member

2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

well, all of the links she has are to the main Pampered Chef.com site, not anyone's PWS, not that I can tell.

As far as the giveaway- those sort of things are great draws to someone's website. She wants traffic to boost her web #s and any ad money she may get from things on her webpage- things that may have nothing to do with PC at all.

Don't know if it's right or wrong, but I'd lean towards nothing being done illegal. As long as she's not a consultant, it looks like she's just giving away a DCB to get folks to read her blog.

May 4, 2009
  3. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Well, this blogger either did ALOT of research before posting the blog, or it's a consultant, because she knew exactly the right verbiage. However, I do give her kudos for not posting a PWS link. Also, no names were mentioned, so technically it doesn't break the rules, except for the PC logo.

4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

However, it is easy to email her, and then she could send a pws.

5. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

I recently did a blog search and noticed a couple references to folks trying out the DCB. All of them referenced the national website. It makes me wonder if this isn't some smart marketing on the part of HO. Honestly, once someone tries the DCB, they're pretty amazed at how versatile it is. I love coming across these blogs!

May 5, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

It also reminds me of gourmetmomonthego.com, where she highlights different products and different brands because she has a large audience now and some companies go to her with different promotional offers to run.

May 5, 2009
  7. ChefEsther

ChefEsther Member Gold Member

actually, a blog was mentioned in a previous CANADIAN Consultant Newsbite (or whatever they are called now) as a great thing - I was confused but agreed with the note that it is great publicity...

Esther

May 5, 2009
  8. Carol Waggoner

Carol Waggoner Novice Member Gold Member

Hi Ladies;
    I think that this might be a HO marketing thing- a lot of companies utilize popular "mom blogs" to recommend/ giveaway their products. It's very, very smart viral marketing and very effective. Remember, at the shows, the guests sell our stuff better than we do! ( :

9. threadjack:

I just made the 30 minute chicken tonite. I am probably the biggest skeptic you could ever have. I HATE rubbery overcooked meat and would NEVER have put it in the microwave. I have to say this is some seriously juicy and tender chicken! Slap yo momma good (for fellow southerners). I put McCormick's Rotisserie chicken spice on the outside and bought the chicken at Costco, two for $7. Not a bad nite's dinner at all folks...

Mad props to Sarah Cutler Rodriguez for letting me borrow her DCB while I earn mine! (and the great chat) :)

Woooohoooo!

10. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I think there are bigger things to be concerned about.

She mentions that several of her friends have shows and one of them is a consultant. She probably joined during November and talked her into trying it out. I think that is a good marketing technique.

11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Bump for Sarah....

May 5, 2009
  12. pampchefsarah

:blushing: Aww, it was amazing meeting you in person! I really enjoyed being able to give you some tips.

By the way, if you need some PC rubs, let me know. I have Smoky BBQ, Southwestern, Chipotle, Asian, a little Jamaican Jerk (forget now what the official recipe calls for, but any of these would be good, particularly the BBQ or SW).

13. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Since when does the DCB come with recipe cards???

May 6, 2009
  14. pampchefsarah

Not sure if this is what you mean, but you can find the recipe for the 30 Minute Chicken on CC, along with invitations, etc.

As a side note, you get to change your siggy to Team Leader now!!

15. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

I noticed she was holding a recipe card for the Miniature Barbecue Pork Sandwiches and I thought "I want those recipe cards".

I wonder if someone didn't just make them themselves or do we have actual recipe cards?

16. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Found a blog that leads to this site when looking for PC products

PamperedChef

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted