• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready for the Best Black Friday Sales of 2021!

In summary, Rae is planning on doing an online 10% off sale. She is also considering doing an online show. She is also offering a 25% off sale to anyone who purchases anything during her Black Friday Sale. Thank you Rae for the information.
Jen1409
Anyone doing anything special for Black Friday?

I hadn't planned on it..but now I actually have a show booked that evening..so..I think I might offer something special for the people who show up.

No only because I'm already doing an anniversary sale and I have to work that day.

Good grief- it's that time of year already!!? :D
You'll probably find lots of things people did last year in the Files section (search "Black Friday"). I did one last year- and got 2 or 3 orders - enough I was able to submit as a show. I was new though, so didn't have alot of people in my contacts. I haven't decided yet about this year - I personally will be out of town and NOT working - so IF I do something, it will be an online show I create. I'll have to think about it.

I'm thinking about doing an online 10% off sale. It will depend on how the rest of Nov. goes and where I am with S-A-T. That's the good thing about Tgiving being so late in the month.

I'm planning one. Here's what I'll be offering:7:00 am - 8:00 am Receive 25% off your order
8:01 am - 9:00 am Receive 20% off your order
9:01 am - 10:00 am Receive 15% off your order
10:01 am - 11:00 am Receive 10% off your orderCustomers will either email or call and leave messages on my voicemail.

are you sending out a flier to communicate the sale? If so, would you please post? This will be my first Black Friday and I need all the help I can get. Thank you.

I do a flyer on a half sheet of paper. Here's what it says:

Black Friday Sale

Save 10 - 25%
Friday, November 27th
7:00 to 11:00 am​

• Look through your catalog or visit my Pampered Chef website (website address).
  • Make out your list. As you think about teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and family, don't forget to treat yourself!
  • Call me (Phone Number) or send an e-mail to my email address.

7:00 am - 8:00 am Receive 25% off your order
10:01 am - 11:00 am Receive 10% off your order
Order $50 or more during the sale and get free shipping​

It's that simple. Just call or e-mail me during these 4 hours and receive a fabulous discount! Be sure to leave the following information:
  • Your name
  • Your phone number
  • Let me know the item number(s), item name(s) and quantity of each you would like. I’ll be sure to verify your order information with you before submitting the order to our home office.
  • Leave your credit card number and expiration date of your credit card or let me know if you’d prefer to pay by check. I’ll get back to you with a total. (All payments are due by 12/5/2008.)
You’ll receive your order within approximately 2 weeks, just in time for the holidays.

Feel free to contact me before Black Friday with any questions.

Happy Shopping!​

What do you do about shipping?
Direct to you, or the customer?
Thanks... I was thinking about doing htis later in month, for SAT of course!

It depends. Some of my customers are very local to me. Those I deliver. Others I have shipped right to them. If they're sort of near but not really close, I ask which they're prefer.

This year with select Simple Additions on sale for 20% off, you may want to change that sale discount! People could end up with pieces a lot cheaper than you would get commission to cover! How would you cover 25% off anyway? I'll look up my Black Friday flyer from last year and post later!

I'm not suggesting that anyone else do what I do. I'm simply answering the question about my Black Friday Sale. I don't make any commission on the 25% off people. But, they don't cost me anything, either. They simply add to my commissionable sales for the SAT. Well, they might cost me $4.50 in shipping if they spend $50 or more, but that just gets me closer to my goal.I share more details with the people who get the flyer--either through my newsletter or in person. The 20% off Simple Additions doesn't apply, since I'll submit this as a December catalog show. Still, I'm not sure why the 20% off would make a difference. PC offers the 20% off. The 25% I offer would come off the reduced price.

Rae,
thanks for sharing!

Rae..I love your sale..I might do something like that..thank you so much for sharing.

I have to agree with the SAT sales..I really would like to earn some free stuff this year..I don't normally..but I would really like to.

Rae-Make sure to change your December date to 2009. Do you find that you get most of your calls/emails during the 25% off time? I've done this type of sale before and people want to preorder since that's when they are thinking of it so let them have whatever the first discount was. I tend to get a lot of immediate responses from my newsletters. So how do you handle that?

Thanks. I caught that after I'd posted it here.Actually, I find that most of my calls/emails come during the 20% or 15% time.

But how do you deal with preorders? Or have you not dealt with or considered that?

raebates said:
I do a flyer on a half sheet of paper. Here's what it says:

Black Friday Sale

Save 10 - 25%
Friday, November 27th
7:00 to 11:00 am​

• Look through your catalog or visit my Pampered Chef website (website address).
  • Make out your list. As you think about teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and family, don't forget to treat yourself!
  • Call me (Phone Number) or send an e-mail to my email address.

7:00 am - 8:00 am Receive 25% off your order
10:01 am - 11:00 am Receive 10% off your order
Order $50 or more during the sale and get free shipping​

It's that simple. Just call or e-mail me during these 4 hours and receive a fabulous discount! Be sure to leave the following information:
  • Your name
  • Your phone number
  • Let me know the item number(s), item name(s) and quantity of each you would like. I’ll be sure to verify your order information with you before submitting the order to our home office.
  • Leave your credit card number and expiration date of your credit card or let me know if you’d prefer to pay by check. I’ll get back to you with a total. (All payments are due by 12/5/2008.)
You’ll receive your order within approximately 2 weeks, just in time for the holidays.

Feel free to contact me before Black Friday with any questions.

Happy Shopping!​

My director just shared a nearly identical sale idea with various discounts depending on the time... she also offers free shipping if they pick it up from her. I'm planning on using the idea as well! Not for money-making, but for SAT!
I'm curious to know other's opinions on the presale too. I'm thinking I would offer the 10% off if someone says they just can't call in or email within the specific timeframes....

I don't do presales. Just like you can't go to the manager of Best Buy or Toys R Us and say, "I can't make it here at 5 a.m. on Black Friday, so I want to buy one of your super sale items now," you can't take advantage of my sale except during the stated hours. Period. Junkfortara--it doesn't surprise me that your director shared something similar. I got mine from someone else. Frankly, I rarely have a completely original idea. :)

Last edited:
I love this idea! thank you for sharing!

I did a Black Friday sale last year and had over $1000 in sales. I am going to do one again just on Saturday instead of Friday. I guess it will be a black saturday sale :) I am doing it with several other consultants from other ds companies and we are going to do it in a neutral location. We are going to try to advertise on the community billboard to get some people outside of our customer base. We may even advertise in the paper.

I did this one last year and here it is updated for this year. I had NO takers last year but my customer base is about doubled since then so hopefully I will do as good as nene did! I really want to have a HUGE SAT month!

Attachments

• FABULOUS BLACK FRIDAY SALE 2009.doc
    55 KB · Views: 678
I'd like to advertise something like that, but I'm going to have to wait until some of my other shows close. I don't want anyone not ordering from one of my hosts because they can get it from me cheaper later.
Rae, I use your stratagy with my fundraisers. I don't make anything from them, but I get new customers and it adds to my monthly sales total.

I did add a disclaimer last year that if they were ordering from one of my Hosts (and named them), I would be glad to honor the specials as well for their Show orders. As I said, no one took me up on it!

I don't tell anyone about it at my shows. I think that would be unfair to the hosts.

pcchefjane said:
I did this one last year and here it is updated for this year. I had NO takers last year but my customer base is about doubled since then so hopefully I will do as good as nene did! I really want to have a HUGE SAT month!

Jane, Don't take this the wrong way, but there is ALOT going on with your flyer. It was a bit tough to read. Maybe a few less items would be helpful for your customers! Just an opinion.

I did a Black Friday Sale last year with sales like Rae's and I did almost $500 with it...after the discount! I am doing another one this year!!

Good luck to everyone!

I'm doing something similar to Jane's only I've combined a few of the time slots to 2 hour slots instead of 1 hour slots. I searched on the files and combined a few black friday sales flyers I found. This is my first year so we'll see how it goes! I only have 2 shows booked this month so far (have a few calls out for booking) so I'm hoping this will at least give me one more show!

I love this idea too and am going to give it a go!!!

I'll be leaving for the weekend on Friday/Saturday after Thanksgiving....so I'm considering doing it on "Cyber-Monday" instead!! :D That's the "online" version of Black Friday anyway- seemed appropriate. :D All the folks returning to work but really just shopping for deals I guess!

Bobbi, the great thing about having people email or leave a phone message is that you don't have to be home to have the sale. I'll actually be out shopping during my sale. I'll only answer my phone if it's The Furry Guy or our son. I'll check emails and messages after I'm home. Of course, Cyber Monday works well, too.

This is true. ANd if I copy your's (imitation is the best form of flattery, right?) then it would be super simple for folks.

thanks for sharing this is great!!!

I'll be in NYC for Thanksgiving (Macy's Parade live, woohoo!) and Black Friday shopping myself during my sale, so I won't be answering my phone either. Yay for voicemail and email!! I hope it turns out well!!

Last edited:
Oh! I used your sale information and created a postcard...thought I'd share!! I mailed this out today!

Attachments

• BlackFridayPostcard.pub
    253 KB · Views: 463
mountainmama74 said:
Oh! I used your sale information and created a postcard...thought I'd share!! I mailed this out today!

:( I don't have Publisher, do you have another program that you could save it to?

Chris...I think that is a better idea. I will use Elise's idea of combining some hours and eliminating others! Thanks for the suggestions! Maybe it will be more "user-friendly" this way!

Check this out and see what ya'll think!

Attachments

• FABULOUS BLACK FRIDAY SALE 2009.doc
    54 KB · Views: 866
babywings76 said:
:( I don't have Publisher, do you have another program that you could save it to?

Let me see if I can convert it to a pdf...

No pressure but wondering if you have had a chance to work on this. I'll be out Friday as well :)

wondered if you were able to do as a pdf... i don't have publisher either and would like to see your idea

Question: If you are using your website for Black Friday discounts, how will the discounts you are offering be applied? I would like to do a Black Friday Sale and I love all of these ideas that you gals have. Are you setting up a Black Friday Sale on your Website and then transfering the sales to your Pampered Partner Plus software? I'm confused on this........
Thanks in advance for your replies..........
Vicky~~

If people place their orders online ... I just enter it in P3 as a "consultant gift." They're never unhappy to have LESS on their credit card than they thought!

Vicky said:
Question: If you are using your website for Black Friday discounts, how will the discounts you are offering be applied? I would like to do a Black Friday Sale and I love all of these ideas that you gals have. Are you setting up a Black Friday Sale on your Website and then transfering the sales to your Pampered Partner Plus software? I'm confused on this........
Thanks in advance for your replies..........
Vicky~~
Once you move it to P3, you can apply the discounts. I have even put in my DD's PHD# for the 10% off so it doesn't come out of my pocket! Since there is no "buy $60 get something free this time, you can also put all the ones you have given free shipping to under one name that has paid shipping to balance it out. :)

The past host discount is a brilliant idea!

My Black Friday Sale flyer says in bold that orders placed through my website will not be eligible for the discounts. They must email or call me to get the discount.

pcchefjane said:
Once you move it to P3, you can apply the discounts. I have even put in my DD's PHD# for the 10% off so it doesn't come out of my pocket! Since there is no "buy $60 get something free this time, you can also put all the ones you have given free shipping to under one name that has paid shipping to balance it out. :)

Thanks....Just so that I'm understanding this correctly, I would have to open a "show" on my website called Black Friday. This is where they would place their online orders. Once I transfer them over to P3, I would then apply the discount?

This is a great idea. I think I am actually going to do this on Cyber Monday though instead of Black Friday.

mountainmama74 said:

Moutainmama...thanks for a GREAT looking postcard!

For those of you looking for a pdf version...here you go!

Attachments

• Black Friday 2009 Postcard pdf.pdf
    618.6 KB · Views: 428
Mountainmama - I love your postcard, but I don't have publisher, and I can't change the text in the PDF? What do you recommend? Thanks!

You totally rock!!! Thanks! Worked like a charm!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
leshelman