1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Black Friday Sale Vs Invited Guest to Upcoming Shows

1. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

I really want to put out the Black Friday/Cyber Monday email to my contact list. I'm offering free delivery to my house or a $4.25 credit. My dilemma is I don't want to compete with my hosts who will hold shows in the next few weeks. I'm thinking about omitting those names I know who are invited to the shows.

I'm just wondering what others have done in the past. This is my first Black Friday I've been a PC consultant.

Nov 25, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I just sent the email to everyone! You don't want to leave anyone out, you never know what will happen.

Nov 25, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'm curious too. I use iContact and so I don't know how to deselect certain people. I just sent it to everyone. I have one catty show going on right now and the host will have just gotten my sale notice. I also have a show on Dec. 12th, so I'm hoping this doesn't hurt or annoy my hosts. Hopefully they'll think of it as a typical Black Friday sale that every store/business seems to do and won't hold it against me. We'll just have to see, I guess.

Nov 25, 2009
  4. leslieprichett

leslieprichett Member

When I sent mine out, I purposly left out the hosts/guests I knew were coming up in the week before & after the sale. I didnt want my hosts to get the short end of the stick so to speak

5. I also have a quandry about the Black Friday thing... My Mystery Host (open house) is the very next weekend and I sent invites to EVERYONE on my contacts. I guess I'll have to pass on this opportunity unless I just hit my contacts from out of town?:confused:

Nov 25, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I think your Mystery Host Show is a much better bet for sales and bookings than the Black Friday deal.

I tried the Black Friday thing for a couple years, and never got a huge response....and what I did get didn't really help my paycheck, since I had to give such deep discounts. I've decided it's just not worth it for me, and I just enjoy the weekend off with my family now.

Today, though, I've received Black Friday sales emails from a Mary Kay Consultant, a Southern Living Consultant, a Silpada Consultant, and a BeautiControl Consultant (and all are basically the same thing that I've seen posted on here)...so I'm thinking that if others are being inundated with these emails the way that I am, that it would lose it's impact rather quickly.

Nov 25, 2009
  7. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

This is what I did!!

8. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Leslie, I thought this was a great idea! I don't want my near future or near past hosts or guests to think they got a raw deal. So I sent it out to everyone else this morning.

When I mentioned to a few customers I was going to do this earlier in the week, one called me and placed an $80 order. The other woman I will follow-up with Friday to make sure she received my e-offer. So here's hoping it'll qualify as a show, otherwise my Monday night host will get a boost in sales!

Nov 26, 2009
Have something to add?