• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Low Turnout for Black Friday Online Sale: Seeking Advice on Holiday Promotions

In summary, many people had trouble with their Black Friday sales. The best results seem to be when people reach out to their hosts in the middle of the week for free shipping.
ChefMoore
I just had a Black Friday Online Sale where customers were encouraged to look at the catalog online and email me thier orders. They would receive 20%off if I received the email between 5-7am, 15% for 7-9am and 10% for after 9am. This sale was suggested by my cluster as something that had been a success for them in the past, but I only got 1 order. I handed out flyers at all of my November shows and on a Longaberger bus trip!

I was wondering if anyone else has tried anything similar and what the results have been. Also if anyone else has any other suggestions for sales to run around the holidays, I would love to hear them. I've been planning on doing a 12 days of Christmas sale, but now I'm worried about that as well!

check out the thread "black friday sale" and read the results. Some had luck; some didnt. i'll never do it again....

Mine was pretty much a bust as well. I sent letters to all my hosts and ended up with two possible shows and an order. I e-mailed about 50 people and got one order. I sent postcards to 47 others and got no response. Someone did e-mail saying she will try to book in February, but no order. I sent out about 40 e-mails saying the sale was extened until Wed, but I don't expect much. Next time, I will just e-mail as it doesn't cost anything but a bit of time. I did about the same last year with many less customers as I was still in my Super Starter months.

I have this fantasy that all these people will suddenly come out of the woodwork and say "Yes, PLEEEASE coem to my house and do a show!"
Jessica

I didn't do anything Black Friday but decided to catch up on all my 'out of the box' calls and follow up with folks that had an interest but didn't put in an order yet. I had a random call last night for an order and one of my friends put in an order. Other than that I've left messages for about 10 folks and emailed folks back on Friday for free shipping from now until Monday... nothing from that at all.

My Black Friday Sale was a bust too. I don't do well with online, email, or mystery host shows...the kind where 10 people gathe 100 in orders. I think I will skip Black Friday next year. I was hoping to gather at least enough orders to count as a show...no such luck.

I have been running a sale today for the simple additions and offering 10% more off,plus free shipping and haven't gotten any hits yet, sent the email at 7am today. Oh well.
I have had some luck w/ random outside orders of those who are calling wanting this or that for Christmas. I have an open show in my mom's name right now and will send that in on the 30th. It's at about $400 at the moment. If I got any add'l sales today I was just going to throw those orders on my open show but so far no luck! Oh well...

I did the Black Friday sale last year but only received one order. It wasn't worth all my time and effort. I was excited beforehand than soooo disappointed afterwards. I think if people want to order for gifts, they're going to order regardless of any special I send out.

Something like that is just like hosting your own show - you need to follow up with a phone call. ESPECIALLY when it's the holiday weekend. People will have other things on their mind than your sale, and will need you to remind them.

I had a week long sale the week of Thanksgiving. I only sent emails via constant contact to about 250 guests. I had only 1 sale. That is it! I put it together as a last minute thing to get extra orders so it wasn't a huge waste of time. I am having my open house this Friday. I emailed over 250 guests & mailed 100 postcard invitations. I now need to make some reminder calls this week. I am hoping for a pretty good turnout.

It seems there are many in the same boat. My Holiday Mystery Host show on Saturday was a bust as well.
I feel your disappointment.

mine was a bust! Zero orders... i emailed and mailed flyers, and I had some mini-catalogs lying around so I mailed those out w/ the flyer but... no takers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong!

I would think a black friday sale would be hard to pull off. I know I never hit the stores on that day only because the sales there don't entice me enough but I do know a lot of people are out shopping from 4 am when the doors open till around 10 or so and they plan a certain amount of money to spend at that time. Trying to get them to respond to an email when their already out at the store... isn't easy. You might be better off doing an after thanksgiving sale on Dec. 1st instead so that people have gotten their next paycheck already and their seriously looking at their christmas shopping now. That will be my plan next year once i've established some kind of customer base to contact.

I have been offering 20% off the catalog all this month. I've sold maybe $100 in orders, and had to add more myself for it to count as a show and for Sell-A-Thon.Oh well. Not doing it again or doing an open house. Just not worth it with the economy these days.

1. What items are included in the Black Friday sale?

The Black Friday sale at Pampered Chef includes a variety of cookware, kitchen tools, and appliances at discounted prices. You can find the full list of items on our website or by checking our Black Friday ad.

2. Are there any exclusive deals for Pampered Chef consultants?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can take advantage of the Black Friday sale by receiving a discount on select items. Make sure to check with your consultant or the consultant's website for more information on these exclusive deals.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef discount code during the Black Friday sale?

Unfortunately, discount codes cannot be used during the Black Friday sale. However, you can still earn rewards points on your purchases and redeem them for future orders.

4. Is the Black Friday sale available in stores or online only?

The Black Friday sale is available both in stores and online. However, due to the high demand, we recommend shopping online to ensure you can get the items you want before they sell out.

5. Can I return or exchange items purchased during the Black Friday sale?

Items purchased during the Black Friday sale can be returned or exchanged within our standard return policy. However, please note that items purchased at a discounted price may be subject to a different return value than the original purchase price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
trps
  • confusedturtle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies