• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale Worth the Effort?

In summary, if you want to offer a sale on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, it is a great way to boost your sales. However, it is important to keep things simple so that people do not become overwhelmed. It is also helpful to give out a flyer to your past customers in addition to emailing them. This boosts your chances of getting orders.
vmgcooks
Gold Member
I'm thinking about running a Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday sale to help boost my sales. I've searched the files on here and found quite a few GREAT examples. What I'm curious to know though, is for those of you who have offered something like this in the past how successful is it? What about compared to the amount time you put in and amount of out of pocket costs?

TIA! :)

Vickey

I would be interested too if someone found a successful way of doing this.

Last year was my first as a consultant and this is the flier I got and adapted from a thread here on Chef Success. In addition to giving out this flier to my past hosts and a few others, I created a Facebook event with the details and invited everyone on my personal friends list. I got a couple of them to invite people as well and thought for sure I'd have a good event. Not so much. I got about $75 in orders. (Don't get me wrong, something is better than nothing!)

Looking back at it, I think this was too complicated. I want the sale to be "exciting" and enticing - people should feel like they're getting a good deal, that's what Black Friday is all about! There was too much to keep track of on this flier, I think. This year I'm considering a tiered discount level throughout the day (place your orders early to get the best/biggest discount) and then come up with some exciting items as giveaways. I'd love to know what's worked for others.

I'm also curious to see if the company will do something for Cyber Monday again. Last year they offered free direct shipping on individual orders over $75 online. I had some people combine orders for outlet items and take advantage of that.

Attachments

• blackfridaysale2010-1.doc
    224.5 KB · Views: 669
Aw, that was my flyer :) I'm so glad so many people have used it :D
But I did come to the same conclusion. It's TOO informative. It needed to be way more simplified.

I used it too. It was wonderful. But I didn't get any orders from it either. So, if anyone simplifies one, I will definitely try again this year. I figure it doesn't take that much time to send it to everyone on my mailing list so any orders I get would really not be costing me much of anything.

Thank you, Shelby, and all the other amazing Consultants on this site who can put together fabulous flyers like these and who are willing to share them with those of us who are not creative in the least!

Shari in TX

I'm looking at that flyer and I realize who posted it!! Our director sent me one a few years back that is VERY similar. I never had any luck from a Black Friday sale (one order).

Last year, I bought the recipe calendars and sent them to all of my hosts from the past two years. Current hosts got a calendar along with a letter thanking them for their business. Hosts whose discount expired, I included a gift certificate (redeemable only through me) for $25 if they hosted another party by March 31st. Nine people received gift certificates. Three people redeemed them.

I have been able to maintain my career sales and business this year from those three gift certificates. I am tweaking the gift certificates this year. My three redemptions were all in Febrary and March. This year the gift certificates are two-tiered. If they host in December or January, the certificate is worth $25. If they wait until February or March, it will be $15.

I have made back the $75 it cost me for gift certificates and the money I spent on the calendars this year. It was worth the expense to me. I already have my calendars in envelopes on my desk ready to be mailed out. I'm attaching my letters and my gift certifcate in case anyone else wants to borrow them.

Attachments

• Christmas Thank you current host.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Christmas Thank you expired host.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 468
  • Past Host Loyalty 3 per page.doc
    184 KB · Views: 513
ShelbyMichalek said:
Aw, that was my flyer :) I'm so glad so many people have used it :D
But I did come to the same conclusion. It's TOO informative. It needed to be way more simplified.

Shelby, I used your flyer last year for Black Friday and did GREAT! :D I had commissionable sales of $746!! I'm using it again this year, just changing the specials. I only use this flyer thru email...at my shows, I get everyone's email address when they find that I only send out 6 emails a year. I had a friend tell me she always opens my emails because she knows I'm having a sale or I wouldn't be sending something out! So, I won't be changing my Black Friday sale flyer this year! Thanks Shelby!!! :love:

Thanks for all of the great feedback and tips everyone. lt1jane, thanks for including your letter and gift certificate! I think that's a great idea and will give it a try! Love this site. . .your all amazing!

I've done a Black Friday Sale for the past few years. The first year it was more than enough for a show, but wasn't big. The last two years it's been over $800 and over $900 respectively. I've attached the file, which is in Publisher (and, no, I don't have it in any other form). In case you don't have Publisher, here's the text:

Black Friday Sale!

Save 10 - 25%
Friday, November 25th 7:00 to 11:00 am​

• Look through your catalog or visit my Pampered Chef website (Welcome To My Personal Web Site).
  • Make out your list. As you think about teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and family, don't forget to treat yourself!
  • Call me (765-210-0360) or send an e-mail to [email protected]. Do not place your order on my website—the discount will not apply.

7:00 am - 8:00 am Receive 25% off your order
8:01 am - 9:00 am Receive 20% off your order
9:01 am - 10:00 am Receive 15% off your order
10:01 am - 11:00 am Receive 10% off your order
Spend $50 or more (before s/h & tax) during the sale
and get free shipping

It's that simple. Just call or e-mail me during these 4 hours and receive a fabulous discount! Be sure to leave the following information:
Your name
Your phone number
Let me know the item number(s), item name(s) and quantity of each you would like. I’ll be sure to verify your order information with you before submitting the order to our home office. This will be submitted as part of a December catalog party, so the December special will apply. This means that if your order is over $60 before shipping/handling and tax you'll need to choose your free product—the Classic Batter Bowl or the Measuring Cup Set.
Let me know how you'd like to pay. I’ll get back to you with a total. (All payments are due by Saturday, December 3.)

You’ll receive your order within approximately 2 weeks, just in time for the holidays.

Feel free to contact me before Black Friday with any questions.

Happy Shopping!

Attachments

• Black Friday Sale.pub
    79.5 KB · Views: 601
Rae, how do you advertise your sale--e-mail, newsletter, FB? When do you start announcing it?

Thanks Rae! Great questions Amanda; I was thinking the same.

All of the above. I don't start advertising until the Monday before Thanksgiving, because I don't want to cut into my hosts' sales. Though, I've already printed up some half-sheet copies to give to people who have asked about it.On Facebook I will post a note on my page, on my personal profile, and on my networking page. Through email, I'll be sending out my newsletter that Tuesday. The hard copy will go to out on Monday via USPS. Both with include details about the Black Friday Sale.

Thank you Rae! I am going to use this to incorporate into a fundraiser I'm doing on Black Friday for a friend with cancer. I had been wanting to do something like it to enlist the help of all my customers but just couldn't get my mind around how to go about it. Now I have something to work with! Yeah!

@ Jane...how do I edit the first two documents? In the top box where you have the PC logo and such and where I should be able to submit my name, I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for sharing your flier Shelby! :) And thanks for sharing yours Rae! I think I'm going to try a combo of the two...when I sort it out I'll share. I need the sales but also need to get bookings, so I'll like to offer an incentive for that too. Jane, I like your idea about the calendars and the gift certificates. I didn't get calendars this year, but maybe I'll just try the gift certificates and a card and see where that gets me. :)

These are great! Now just need to apply them!

I've modified and used Shelby's flyer the last 2 years as well. Here's what I'm doing this year: Black Friday Special Event

I just sent out the flyer to my customers today and will send a reminder out probably the day before Thanksgiving? Plus posting on FB. I'm not talking about it at my shows to keep from competing with my hosts.

Anyone know for sure when the next e-newsletter will go out? Maybe it will be announced in the Newswire today. The December newsletter is available for preview. If I do a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale, I want to publicize it in the e-newsletter and avoid sending too many e-mails out.

Hi all. I'm still pretty new, so forgive my ignorance. How do you apply the discounts you advertise, especially if the customer orders from your website?Thanks, Kristi

Kristina,

Love your idea. Do you have it in a word document that I can modify? Thanks a bunch!

Kristirae said:
Hi all. I'm still pretty new, so forgive my ignorance. How do you apply the discounts you advertise, especially if the customer orders from your website?Thanks, Kristi
You would manually calculate what the customer's balance is, then when entering payments into P3, use the "Consultant Gift" option to account for the difference in what the customer is paying and what P3 is calculating as a total.In order to allow for the discounts online, you will have to set up a show for the orders to be placed under. You can make the host's name "Black Friday" or use your name, whatever works. Then, once the order is pulled into P3, you make the modifications and let your customer know of their adjusted/discounted total.

I already posted this on the chat box on the top but thought I would add it here too just in case people don't see it. I will do probably do a sale of some sort on Black Friday. However, in my area on tv lately they have been posting a lot about the Saturday after black friday, the 26th, being small business Saturday. I was planning on using that to boost my sales...since I'm a small business and all. :D

Thank you, Noora!

priseortega said:
Kristina,

Love your idea. Do you have it in a word document that I can modify? Thanks a bunch!

here you go!

Attachments

• black friday 2011.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 603
Kristirae said:
Hey Kristi, I just asked my director this same question. Go to payments. Click on payment type and scroll past check, cash, etc. There you will find a Consultant Gift. This is where you put your discount. She said at the end of the year you will be able to see how much your Consultant Gifts were so that you would have them on your taxes. I hope this helps.

If they place an individual order from your website they won't get a discount. You'll need to set up a show. Set it up with Consultant as Host. Have them put in your name. They won't see the discount, but you can apply it when you download the PWS orders. As for me, I don't accept online orders as part of my Black Friday Sale. I insist on a call or email so I can keep accurate records of the time they called, letting me know what discount they deserve.

I called HO this morning because I wanted to include this in my newsletter and they said the newsletter goes out on Nov 28th...too late!!

Hey! The 28th isn't too late! We can use it for Cyber Monday :)) Any ideas on what to say? I'm drawing a blank. :-0

What is Black Friday?

Black Friday is a shopping event that takes place the day after Thanksgiving. It is known for offering major discounts and deals on a wide variety of products from various retailers.

What is Cyber Monday?

Cyber Monday is an online shopping event that takes place on the Monday following Thanksgiving. It is known for offering major discounts and deals on a wide variety of products from various online retailers.

How do I find the best deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

To find the best deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, it is important to do some research beforehand. Make a list of the items you are interested in purchasing and check various retailers' websites for their deals and discounts. You can also sign up for email alerts or follow the retailers' social media pages for updates on their sales.

Can I use coupons on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Some retailers may allow the use of coupons on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, but it is important to read the fine print and check the exclusions. Some deals may specify that coupons cannot be used in conjunction with the sale price.

Is it safe to shop on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

As with any online shopping, it is important to take precautions to protect your personal information. Make sure to only shop on secure websites, use a credit card instead of a debit card, and keep a record of your transactions. It is also recommended to stick to well-known and reputable retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Sales
2 3
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views