1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Black Friday/Cyber Monday email

1. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

I have received several requests for this, and I have typically not done one because everyone offers something different -- it's too hard to predict wording that will work for everyone.

BUT what I can do is design the template so that you can just type in your specific offerings... hopefully that will make it a little easier. I'll throw in a little bit about online ordering and ordering deadlines for the holidays, and you can add your own specials and send.

How does that sound? I'll work on it this weekend!

Nov 19, 2009
  2. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

joy!!!

You rock!!!!

Nov 19, 2009
  3. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks Joy!

Nov 19, 2009
  4. Pedey

Pedey Member

Awesome! Thanks!

Nov 19, 2009
  5. Tropicalburstqt2

Tropicalburstqt2 Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks!! :)

6. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Joy, yes, you rock!

I am sending one out too ... and I agree whatever you do I'll need to customize. I am not offering more than 15 percent off because I will not GIVE away my commission ... but I do like discount on top 10 products, baking bundles and the like. I'm also using DECEMBER specials, not November ones.

Nov 19, 2009
  7. PampChefJoy

You know Di, that gives me some good ideas... maybe I'll just translate some of the ideas already on the PWS to an email format - like the "stocking stuffers" and other suggested gift ideas! Thanks!!!

Nov 19, 2009
  8. Rhonskitchen

Rhonskitchen Gold Member

Joy, That sounds great! You ARE awesome!

Nov 19, 2009
  9. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Awesome - I was just going to ask ... I like how MyEmailDesigns.com designed the one they did. Can you do something similar? I understand how you would want your own look, but if you could include some of the same components, that would be great! If you haven't seen it, I can forward one to you. ;)

10. PampChefJoy

Hi Dottie - I haven't seen Mike's and to be honest, I'd prefer not to have even the smidgen of a peek, just in case it's interpreted that I'm copying him. If you have suggestions for what content to put in, I'm always open to suggestions! But I hope you understand that I'd like to strive for a little originality :)

Nov 19, 2009
  11. cookingwithdot

I totally understand - I am a graphic designer myself, so I totally get that! I know we can build our own newsletters & I LOVE that feature, but I don't see where we can build our own flyers ...

Some components that I liked for Black Friday:
    The top shows the discounts based on WHEN they shop -
    Order Early (On Thanksgiving Day!)
    20% off!

Order before 6:00 AM On Black Friday (Nov 28th)!
    20% off!

Order before 11:00 AM On Black Friday!
    15% off!

Order before Midnight On Black Friday!
    10% off!

All of the holiday gift ideas are shown
    $20 and under section
    $50 & under section

I would love the options of certain things and then I can just tweak ... make sense?
    Thanks!
    Dottie

12. PampChefJoy

I won't be inserting any specific specials... that is up to each individual... because I will not presume what works for one consultant will work for another. I have far too many subscribers with different business models. What may be considered a good investment (giving up commission, etc) is taking serious income away from another's family...

However, this forum is a great place to share ideas for what to insert that may work.

And there are no build-your-own flyers, per se, but you can always edit any of the emailable flyers to suit your own needs before you send it along.

Nov 20, 2009
  13. Intrepid_Chef

I haven't seen Mike's either but I did click on the website and was somewhat dismayed that they offered EITHER Black Friday OR Cyber Monday. I plan to offer BOTH. But I suppose we can customize them too.

I have a flyer that I'm using as a template ... the one Jane posted ... she offers 20 percent off certain times ... I've changed the 20 percent to 15, the 15 percent to 10, the 10 percent to 10 percent off my top 10 items. And the "free gift with a dots dinnerware order" became a "dinner in no time set" that offers the Weekday Dinners Done cards free with a DCB or skillet.

14. PampChefJoy

Okay gang, they're posted and ready for you to use. I feel like they're kinda plain, but like I mentioned, it's too hard for me to guess at all the different and creative sales ideas everyone uses, so I had to make it a bit "vanilla". I hope you can still use it to some extent.

Now on to make dinner and hopefully finish up the December TT early!

Nov 22, 2009
  15. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

JOY you are AWESOME! Thanks! :)

Nov 22, 2009
  16. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

I know you've heard it all before, Joy...BUT YOU ROCK!

Thanks a gazillion!

Nov 22, 2009
  17. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

The only way you can use Mike's is if you are a iContact subscriber. Joy doesn't give you limitations.

Nov 22, 2009
  18. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Thank you Joy! I had just checked earlier today but didn't see anything. I don't have time to create one myself and love the one you did!

Nov 22, 2009
  19. loreo

loreo Banned

Again, sorry for being dense but is this posted on here or on tastytidbits? Thanks!

Nov 22, 2009
  20. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Tastys website under email newsletter template~ I think.

Nov 22, 2009
  21. PampChefJoy

It's posted on TTConnect under the email templates tab.

Nov 22, 2009
  22. cookingwithdot

I'm not sure HOW to use the HTML version? I know I can select that one, so I can edit it, but I'm not sure how to make it work ... what am I doing wrong? :)
    Thanks!

ok, I just saw I can hit forward & THEN edit it! :) Thanks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  23. Intrepid_Chef

OK, cool.

Bummer, however. I was unaware that my trial had expired. (I also was asleep at the wheel and MISSED the first two months of it!) If someone could e-mail it to me at mailtodi@yahoo.com I would be ever so grateful! Otherwise, I'll just go with Plan A and adopt one that somebody else sent.

24. PampChefJoy

Just an FYI - the email templates on TTConnect should be subscriber-only, just like the newsletters... please respect the subscribers that have paid for the access.

Typically, flyers that I post here are okay to share, though. Thanks!

Nov 24, 2009
  25. Intrepid_Chef

I don't know who deleted my post, but I just wanted to say thank you. I was going to edit it to say that Joy and I worked things out!

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted