• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Friday Brunch: Host a Sale and Serve Brunch to Skip the Shopping Madness!

really want to do this. I think it would be a fun experience, and I'd love to see what kind of turnout we would get. Any thoughts?
NooraK
Gold Member
I know we've had several threads about Black Friday sales, but has anyone actually done a show at their home on Black Friday?

I'm not interested in going shopping on Black Friday, and I was thinking of hosting my own show that morning instead. The idea I had was to start around 9 or 10 and serve some brunch foods. This way those who want to shop can go out at the crack of dawn to get their deals, then head over to my house for a bite to eat.

I also have a friend/host who is a former consultant, and she's looking to sell many of her unused, unopened PC items so that she can earn some cash for Christmas. I told her that if she wanted to, she could bring them over and I could sell them during my Black Friday sale.

Any ideas on how to make this work? Ideas for what to serve?

NooraK said:
I know we've had several threads about Black Friday sales, but has anyone actually done a show at their home on Black Friday?

I'm not interested in going shopping on Black Friday, and I was thinking of hosting my own show that morning instead. The idea I had was to start around 9 or 10 and serve some brunch foods. This way those who want to shop can go out at the crack of dawn to get their deals, then head over to my house for a bite to eat.

I also have a friend/host who is a former consultant, and she's looking to sell many of her unused, unopened PC items so that she can earn some cash for Christmas. I told her that if she wanted to, she could bring them over and I could sell them during my Black Friday sale.

Any ideas on how to make this work? Ideas for what to serve?

While this is very nice and generous of you, I'm afraid you will be shooting yourself in the foot. I do 2 events each year for hosts and keep those events completely separate.

1. Host Appreciation - where I GIVE away a ton of product and they earn tickets to be in the drawing for the GIVE aways based on their order total, how much in outside orders they bring to the event, booking a show, joining my team etc.
The purpose of this event is to generate sales and bookings for fall - this year I had 8 bookings and $1500 in sales.
2. Sample Sale - held in December. I sell my used samples, overage product etc at a discount. The purpose of this event is to generate CASH, not commissionable sales. I offer the catalog, but have only had $300-500 in retail sales in years past. That is because EVERYONE is coming expecting a bargain....they are not interested in placing an order for full priced items....they want a discount.

My fear is that you will end up selling everything your friend has and not generating enough retail sales to make it worth your time. In essence, you won't get paid. As soon as you mention DISCOUNTED products, they become of the mind set that EVERYTHING they purchase that day HAS to be discounted.

Just my honest opinion.
D

DebinIA said:
While this is very nice and generous of you, I'm afraid you will be shooting yourself in the foot. I do 2 events each year for hosts and keep those events completely separate.

1. Host Appreciation - where I GIVE away a ton of product and they earn tickets to be in the drawing for the GIVE aways based on their order total, how much in outside orders they bring to the event, booking a show, joining my team etc.
The purpose of this event is to generate sales and bookings for fall - this year I had 8 bookings and $1500 in sales.
2. Sample Sale - held in December. I sell my used samples, overage product etc at a discount. The purpose of this event is to generate CASH, not commissionable sales. I offer the catalog, but have only had $300-500 in retail sales in years past. That is because EVERYONE is coming expecting a bargain....they are not interested in placing an order for full priced items....they want a discount.

My fear is that you will end up selling everything your friend has and not generating enough retail sales to make it worth your time. In essence, you won't get paid. As soon as you mention DISCOUNTED products, they become of the mind set that EVERYTHING they purchase that day HAS to be discounted.

Just my honest opinion.
D

Thank you for being honest, Deb. :)

I do realize that selling my friend's products cuts into my sale. I just really want to help her out. She is a recent cancer survivor, and has a ton of medical bills to contend with.

I had planned to list the specific items available at a discount on my invitation, and the reason why they are at a discount. I've tried the "Call at this time, get this discount" sale in the past, and didn't really make any money on that either. All of my commission went to cover the discounts I offered.

I thought this would be something fun, and different, and doesn't require me to leave my house. If I end up helping my friend get Christmas money, and don't make much myself, I would still consider it a success. Maybe I could combine it, and offer a small discount on anything in the catalog.

NooraK said:
Thank you for being honest, Deb. :)

I do realize that selling my friend's products cuts into my sale. I just really want to help her out. She is a recent cancer survivor, and has a ton of medical bills to contend with.

I am doing a Black Friday Fundraiser for a dear friend's sister who is battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Why not turn it into a Fundraiser for your friend, use her products for the raffles, offer a Black Friday Sale and then you'd also be able to give proceeds to your friend. You can have her set up a special bank account for her medical bills so PC can send check to that, or set it up as a regular cooking show, use the host benefits as an additional incentive/way to raise money, and then donate a portion of your commission. You could also include a 50/50 raffle ($5 a block/20 per page. $50 goes to your friend, $50 to the winner in PC shopping, then portion back to your friend.)

pchockeymom said:
I am doing a Black Friday Fundraiser for a dear friend's sister who is battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Why not turn it into a Fundraiser for your friend, use her products for the raffles, offer a Black Friday Sale and then you'd also be able to give proceeds to your friend. You can have her set up a special bank account for her medical bills so PC can send check to that, or set it up as a regular cooking show, use the host benefits as an additional incentive/way to raise money, and then donate a portion of your commission. You could also include a 50/50 raffle ($5 a block/20 per page. $50 goes to your friend, $50 to the winner in PC shopping, then portion back to your friend.)

I have a really horrible turnout with any open house type events, no matter how hard I try. I would hate to offer her products as prizes, and then not be ablet to bring in as much as she would have earned just selling the products.

I have to say, Noora, My SD and I love this concept of the BFB! We think it's a great idea and a fun way to market a black friday sale. Thanks!

I think this is a great idea! I may try it out myself. I would love to have some friends/customers/past hosts come over for a nice morning of coffee and breakfast - and while I would be thrilled to book shows and/or take orders (even perhaps offering a small discount 12% or so) but selling off all the excess items that I have would be fantastic! We are having company over the holidays - and I'm working a fundraiser table that afternoon - but that morning could be a lot of fun! Thanks for the idea and I would love to hear your results if you do it.

OK, This is what I've come up with for an invitation so far. What do you think?

Attachments

• Black Friday Brunch.pdf
    151.2 KB · Views: 558
  • Black Friday Brunch.pub
    302 KB · Views: 334
As far as recipes go - you must have Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares! It is the only recipe I offer for my brunch shows. I LOVE this recipe soooo much!

NooraK said:
OK, This is what I've come up with for an invitation so far. What do you think?

Are you using Tastefully Simple Strawberry Rhubarb Spread? I just ordered some of that myself. Yummy!

kristina16marie said:
As far as recipes go - you must have Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares! It is the only recipe I offer for my brunch shows. I LOVE this recipe soooo much!

I was thinking about that, but wanted to do something in the DCB. I personally didn't care much for the H&CBS, but maybe my guests won't be as picky as I am. :D

wadesgirl said:
Are you using Tastefully Simple Strawberry Rhubarb Spread? I just ordered some of that myself. Yummy!

I found the recipe online, and it looked yummy. The version calls for actual rhubarb, so I'm not sure if I'll be sticking to that one. I finished this up around midnight last night, so I wasn't thinking very clearly. I do love that TS stuff, though!

What is "Black Friday Brunch"?

"Black Friday Brunch" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef on the day after Thanksgiving. It is a fun and festive way to kick off the holiday shopping season and score some amazing deals on our products.

When is "Black Friday Brunch"?

Our "Black Friday Brunch" event takes place on the Friday after Thanksgiving. This year, it will be held on November 26th. Mark your calendars and join us for some delicious food and fantastic deals!

Do I need to RSVP for "Black Friday Brunch"?

No RSVP is required for our "Black Friday Brunch" event. However, we do recommend arriving early to secure a spot and take advantage of the best deals. Seats are limited and fill up quickly, so don't miss out!

What can I expect at "Black Friday Brunch"?

At "Black Friday Brunch", you can expect to enjoy a delicious breakfast spread while browsing our newest products and exclusive deals. You will also have the opportunity to mingle with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts and get a head start on your holiday shopping.

Can I bring a guest to "Black Friday Brunch"?

Absolutely! We encourage you to invite friends and family to join you at our "Black Friday Brunch" event. It's a great way to introduce them to Pampered Chef and have some fun while scoring amazing deals on our high-quality kitchen products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ladybug
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ladybug
Replies