• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Forest Cake Done in Fluted Pan?

In summary, this customer is looking for a cake that uses all of the ingredients in a box of cake mix, but may be denser than a normal cake. The recipe they are looking for is in a print-out called "Incredible 12 Minute Cakes." This recipe has several variations, but one is for a chocolate cherry cake. The ingredients for this cake are: 1 box of chocolate cake mix, can of cherry pie filling, 3 eggs, and oil brushed on the pan. After mixing, the mixture is thick - mousse-like consistency. Pouring/scrape into the well-oiled fluted stone, carefully layer 1 1/2 smaller cans of cherry pie filling into the center of the mix. The
frozenchef
Gold Member
I have a customer who's looking for an old recipe for a cake done in the fluted stoneware pan in the microwave with a chocolate box cake mix, but it doesn't use all of the box mix ingredients - she also mentioned adding cherry pie filling and that it was denser than a normal cake - possibly using less eggs?
I have variations of this in mind, but none of which is the recipe she's looking for.
Anyone remember this?

I have a print-out called 'Incredible 12 Minute Cakes' for the fluted pan. It has several variations, but one is for a Chocolate Cherry Cake. Box of chocolate cake mix, can of cherry pie filling, 3 eggs. Brush pan lightly with oil and dust with flour. Whisk eggs & pie filling together in Classic Batter Bowl. Add cake mix, blending well with Mix N Scraper. Drop batter into Fluted pan & microwave on high 11-13 minutes (watch cake after 9 minutes); rotate halfway if no turntable. Cool 5 minutes, loosen edges with Skinny Scraper and invert onto platter. Garnish as desired. Hope this helps!

Thanks Lynda! :)

Sounds like 3-2-1 cake. 3 eggs, 2 cups sour cream (use 16 oz. container, is actually 1 2/3 cups) and 1 cup chocolate chips. Mix into 1 box either Devils' Food or Chocolate cake mix. After mixing, mixture is thick - mousse-like consistency. Pouring/scrape into well-oiled fluted stone, carefully layer 1 1/2 smaller cans of cherry pie filling into the center of the mix. Reserve last half of can to top the cake at the end. Microwave 10 minutes. Cake is done when it pulls back from center spindle just a bit. Bottom will still look undercooked. Remove from oven and cover with a plate. Let sit for 2 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. When cool, top with whipped topping and shaved chocolate, and garnish with reserved cherry pie filling.There is a recipe in a season's best - it was a cover recipe about 6 years ago, where the cake was made in an oven and sliced, then topping between layers and on top - mock baked Alaska.

Hi there! I'm a fellow Pampered Chef consultant and I may have a solution for your customer's request. I found a recipe for a "Cherry-Chocolate Microwave Cake" that uses a fluted stoneware pan and a chocolate cake mix, but only requires 2 eggs instead of the usual 3. It also calls for cherry pie filling as a topping. I hope this helps! Let me know if you'd like me to send you the full recipe. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Black Forest Cake in a Fluted Pan?

To make Black Forest Cake in a Fluted Pan, you will need 1 package of chocolate cake mix, 1 can of cherry pie filling, 1 cup of whipped cream, and 1 cup of chocolate shavings.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer. A chocolate cake mix is recommended for an authentic Black Forest flavor, but you can also use vanilla or white cake mix.

3. How do I prepare the fluted pan for this recipe?

To prepare the fluted pan, grease it thoroughly with cooking spray or butter. You can also dust it with flour to prevent the cake from sticking.

4. How long do I need to bake the cake in the fluted pan?

The baking time may vary depending on your oven, but on average, the cake should bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check if it's done by inserting a toothpick in the center - if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it in the fridge. However, it's best to add the whipped cream and chocolate shavings just before serving to ensure they stay fresh and don't melt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
cochef
  • ms_twana
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies