• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Suggestions for a Successful Birthday Club?

In summary, Jolie offers a variety of birthday club services, including discounts on purchases, a wishlist, and email reminders. Jane offers a similar service, as well as sending out postcards and offering a Christmas club.
pampered2007
I was thinking of starting a Birthday Club for my hosts and customers. Does anyone else do this? I thought that maybe this would be a great way to boost monthly sales. Any ideas on what I should include in the club? Or should I just send out postcards the week before the persons birthday and offer them 10% savings on any one purchase during their birthday month?

I would love to hear everyones ideas! Thank you!

You can also extend the service of maintaining their wishlist and ask she/he give email addresses or numbers to anyone who may purchase them a gift. A few weeks before bday you can send them the wishlist and let them know you can have it in time for gift giving day.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
You can also extend the service of maintaining their wishlist and ask she/he give email addresses or numbers to anyone who may purchase them a gift. A few weeks before bday you can send them the wishlist and let them know you can have it in time for gift giving day.

Great idea Jolie! I send emails out the first of the birthday month giving them 10% off their entire order and free shipping! So far out of 10 people I have offered it to, 3 have taken me up on it!

Very nice!!! I love those creative juices!! Keep it coming.

Jane,

That's a great idea! I think I'll add that to my monthly newsletter. = )

Thanks!

I made postcards (with vistaprint) for 20% off one item the week of their birthday. So far I've only had one taker but that's probably because I haven't sent many out (I started my business in March). I just tell guests at shows to put their birthday month and date somewhere on the drawing slip and I'll send them something the week of their birthday!

Monday I am having a Christmas Club based theme during lunch time at my house. I have started my own Christmas Club with the idea that we should start now getting ready for Christmas. I have a small fiber optic Christmas tree on a corner table in my living room and I have decorated it with jingle bell ornaments and small snowflake tin ornaments and I put small strips of paper inside each one with door prizes. Guests will be able to choose an ornament and win a prize. I promoted my Christmas Club by creating little goodie bags with handmade invitations, information on the Club, step-by-step instructions on how to get to my website as well as the Outlet Specials and I put a little ornament and some hard candy in each bag and passed them out to family, friends, co-workers, and anyone I ran into. I am not sure how well this is going to go over but I think it is worth a try and something that I may considering doing at my house once a month to get the orders in for the Christmas Club. I chose a few easy recipes from the Let's Eat kids cook book and Season's Best and have decided the best way to do this lunch is to have it as an Open House that way my guests can stop by during their lunch break, eat and place an order. Check out my website for information on My Pampered Chef Christmas Club 2009. Welcome To My Personal Web Site

I use birthdayalarm.com to keep track of birthdays. It alerts me 1 week, then 1 day before the birthday. On the day before the person's birthday I email them offering 10% off their order if they place it within the next month.Patty42240, if you love getting ready ahead of time for Christmas, you'd probably enjoy organizedchristmas.com. They have a Rudolph Club with monthly postings about using the whole year to prepare for Christmas. They also have wonderful make-it-yourself gift ideas for most holidays.

Maybe I offer too much, but I read in a Christie Northrup book (the Lemonade Lady) about her experience meeting the top insurance salesman for all of Japan - who sends his clients a birthday cake with their name on it and fresh flowers and a card for their birthday.

I offer the same for anyone who either hosts a show or a friend of theirs hosts a show for them within a week of their birthday. (No one has taken me up on it, yet!) See attached.

For birthdays I offer 20% off any one item
For anniversaries I offer 15% off any one item plus a card and flowers. In fun, I offer to 'remind' husbands 1 week before the anniversary.

A birthday club gives LOTS of referrals and reasons to call people. All this being said, I'm seriously thinking of changing it to "double stamps" on a frequent shopper card for their birthday month, or "triple stamps" for the birthday person if they host or a friend hosts within a week of their birthday. That is something more concrete for people. My frequent shopper card is (again probably too much) $25 in free product - but gives people 'permission' to buy higher end items knowing they will be getting $$$ (to spend!) back.

Use whichever works for you.

Attachments

• BirthdayClub.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 419
  • preferredChefCard.doc
    303.5 KB · Views: 377
Joy has a birthday email and I send that. I use birthdayalarm.com as well and I use it as my reminder. I offer 10% off their order (not just one thing) and a few have taken me up on it.

Love the preferredchef card!!!! I had not seen that! Very cool.

Thank you everyone for such wonderful ideas!!!!

I have a Birthday/Anniversary Club option on my Info Card/DPDS. I ask them to go ahead and put their birthday and anniversary on there even if they're not interested in giving me the name of someone to contact. That way, I still have the info so I can send a card, e-card, etc.

The small gesture of a card goes a long way.

Well I have decided that for my birthday and anniversary clubs, I am going to send out a postcard the beginning of the month to wish a "happy birthday" or a "happy anniversary". To go along with it, I have a few ideas that I can't decide on. My original thought was to include a 10% off coupon, but that is a little more than I care to spend until my business is built up more. So I thought that maybe I would offer a free gift, such as a pantry rub, with any order that they place during the month of their birthday or anniversary. I also thought of offering a do a "free show" for them during their special month too if they'd like. What does everyone think????

scottcooks said:
Maybe I offer too much, but I read in a Christie Northrup book (the Lemonade Lady) about her experience meeting the top insurance salesman for all of Japan - who sends his clients a birthday cake with their name on it and fresh flowers and a card for their birthday.

I offer the same for anyone who either hosts a show or a friend of theirs hosts a show for them within a week of their birthday. (No one has taken me up on it, yet!) See attached.

For birthdays I offer 20% off any one item
For anniversaries I offer 15% off any one item plus a card and flowers. In fun, I offer to 'remind' husbands 1 week before the anniversary.

A birthday club gives LOTS of referrals and reasons to call people. All this being said, I'm seriously thinking of changing it to "double stamps" on a frequent shopper card for their birthday month, or "triple stamps" for the birthday person if they host or a friend hosts within a week of their birthday. That is something more concrete for people. My frequent shopper card is (again probably too much) $25 in free product - but gives people 'permission' to buy higher end items knowing they will be getting $$$ (to spend!) back.

Use whichever works for you.

Scott,
Why does your birthday club say "Scott's Taste of Home Entertaining Birthday and Anniversary Club"? Are you a consultant for them too?;)

1. What is the Pampered Chef Birthday Club?

The Pampered Chef Birthday Club is a program designed to help you celebrate your loved one's birthday in a fun and unique way. As a member of the club, you will receive special offers, recipes, and gift ideas to make the birthday celebration even more special.

2. How do I sign up for the Birthday Club?

Signing up for the Birthday Club is easy! Simply visit our website and fill out the registration form with your name, email, and the birthday of the person you are celebrating. You will then receive a confirmation email with all the details and benefits of being a member.

3. What kind of offers and gift ideas can I expect from the Birthday Club?

As a member of the Birthday Club, you will receive exclusive offers and discounts on our products, as well as birthday-themed recipes and fun party ideas. You will also have the opportunity to earn free products by hosting a birthday party with one of our consultants.

4. Can I customize the offers and gift ideas for my loved one's specific preferences?

Yes, absolutely! When you sign up for the Birthday Club, you will have the option to provide us with your loved one's interests and preferences. This way, we can tailor the offers and gift ideas to suit their specific tastes and make their birthday celebration even more special.

5. Is there a cost to join the Birthday Club?

No, there is no cost to join the Birthday Club. It is completely free to sign up and become a member. We just want to help you make your loved one's birthday a memorable and enjoyable experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • amcclanaghan