• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Season 8 Premiere Recap: Shocking Weights and Emotional Moments

In summary, Lisa Amanda was the babysitter for someone and she missed the show because she was out, two people in the hospital and one is still there after the first week, Daniel returned and I am so excited, Jillian and Bob were really shocked at 6 people over 400 pounds, WOW!, and Lisa Amanda thinks the show should learn that killing people at the challenges or workouts is going to eventually kill them.
I'm the odd man out because I like Liz. Although Danny is my favorite. I don't like Rudy anymore either. I just don't think he has to be so hurtful when he votes them off.

Personal: Update on my Bodybugg loss - I'm up to 22.5 lbs (in 8 weeks) - total since I started my diet of 34 lbs.

Last edited:
Melissa78 said:
I watched Leno and have to say that if I didn't like Rebecca before, her pompous arrogance really turned me off. She looks fab (however her skirt was clearly too tight) but she is so self-absorbed sounding - no matter how well she has done, I find her to be repulsive.

I only caught a few minutes of Rebecca's interview. Not sure of the self-absorbed sounding...but Jay was asking her how HER weight loss had gone so she wasn't answering for anyone else...

I think it's so sweet they are dating. I think out of the ones left, I am rooting for Ali and Danny. I despise Rudy...and not too fond of whiny Amanda either!

it is down to the vote for the 3rd finalist....both of them are almost dead-even in their weight loss % so far. One is 32% and one is 31.8%....not much help there. :)Who are you thinking?

I didn't get to see it, so I'm at a loss.

Danny looks FANTASTIC!!! I hope he wins.I'm pulling for Amanda. I think Liz is too much of a whiner for my liking.

I'm voting for Liz. I think Amanda is too much of a cry baby!! She cried and complained the entire time she worked out. Always saying, "I can't" with a whine that just drove me crazy! She is only 19 and should be able to lose more then Liz. I think Liz has worked harder for it. At 49 it's a lot harder to lose weight, trust me I know:)

Liz showed her character when she gave Danny his video from home instead of watching her own. I thought that was so sweet of her. I think she is a very nice person and not into herself like Amanda is. She has said she got where she was because of always giving to others.

Although it probably doesn't matter, Liz or Amanda probably don't have a chance of winning. I do hope Danny wins between the guys.

I'm sorry this season is going to over. It was really good!

raebates said:
I didn't get to see it, so I'm at a loss.

Here you go Rae, from what I can remember:
They did a lot of "reflecting" over the final four (Danny, Rudy, Amanda, Liz)- and following them at home. They all had to go home for 60 days. But while they were there, they got a phone call (not sure how long they had been home)- that they were going to run a Biggest Loser Marathon- the full 26.2 miles. Rudy finished first (around 5 hrs?), and then Amanda- with Tara from last season by her side, and then Liz and Danny finished together (with their respective spouses). A few others from last season (Helen and Mike) waiting at the finish line.

Danny lost 59 lbs in the 60 days at home. Rudy lost 49, and Amanda and Liz both lost 16. So the gals are below the yellow line and America gets to vote on who goes to the final.

Amanda has an overall weight loss of 32% from where she started, and Liz has 31.8%. So I think it would come down to who you like the most! :) *I too will probably vote for Liz.* How many times did she end up below the yellow line this season and manage to get through? :)

Thanks, Bobbi. I was in the middle of stuff last night and didn't even turn it on. I'm looking forward to the final.

I love Amanda, but am hoping that Danny wins. After the last few evictions, Rudy has totally ticked me off.....can't even stand to listen to him talk anymore. Not a big fan of Liz's either.......

So many of the contestants look amazing! I'm so proud of them.

WARNING SPOILER IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH TONIGHT'S FINALE YET!WOOHOO! DANNY WON! I am so glad he won!So glad Rebecca beat our Tracy for Biggest Loser at home...but Tracy looked bad....

I didn't get to watch this season but Amanda lives in my area and is a babysitter for a friend of mine and a member of an awesome local charity for kids with heart defects like my son. I'm glad that it seems she did well; even though she didn't win everyone who gets healthy wins!

dkitten13 said:
I didn't get to watch this season but Amanda lives in my area and is a babysitter for a friend of mine and a member of an awesome local charity for kids with heart defects like my son. I'm glad that it seems she did well; even though she didn't win everyone who gets healthy wins!

Amanda looked absolutely stunning. I love watching them glow after their lives have changed.

pcchefjane said:
So glad Rebecca beat our Tracy for Biggest Loser at home...but Tracy looked bad....

Amen!!! Tracy looked WEIRD...

Oh, thank heaven I'm not the only one. Tracy was scarry looking. And she looked much older than she did when she started. Amanda was stunning. Liz drove me insane most of the show and I don't think she looked like she had lost hardly anything in the time at home - not like the others. So happy for Shay! Can't wait to see how she does with her challenge. Now, as for Rebecca. She was my fav the entire time but what on earth did she do to herself. I loved her cute little hairstyle from the start. Then I didn't like it when they cut it. And now she's blonde. But when she won the at home and did her little dance that she does when she's excited, you could see that she was just the same as she had always been. So happy for her. Can't wait for next season.

I don't think Tracey looked healthy. She's never been my favorite player, and I must admit that I was very glad that she wasn't the winner among the eliminated players. Still, I don't want to see her ill. I did a double-take with Rebecca. She looks fantastic. I love her new hair. And, I agree that her little dance was sooooo her. Daniel looks his age. I couldn't be more pleased for him. He's an inspiration. Shay is a miracle, and I'm excited to see her continue to make healthy choices for her life. Amanda looks amazing. I'm very happy for her. She deserves a lot of credit for making it as far as she did. Competing against the big boys (literally), she was definitely the underdog. I was worried when Rudy showed such a huge loss. I think he looks good, but I still don't like the way he played the game toward the end. Danny deserved that win. He looks great--fit and healthy.

Was anyone else annoyed by the audience? They wouldn't stop clapping and cheering--Ali had to talk over them and they obviously had to cut some things short as a result. I am so stoked that Danny won. He looked like a totally different person. I liked his gray hair, though, and hope he stops coloring it. I commented to DH that Tracy looked unhealthy. She is just weird. Her hair looked bad, she still had that weird smile. Yuck.Rebecca and Amanda looked amazing, although I didn't like Rebecca's hair either. Really, most everyone looked great and did an awesome job. Their numbers are just astounding.

I only got to see the last 15 minutes of it....so I didn't get to see Tracy, Rebecca, and the rest. :( Hopefully, I'll get to see it online.

I was thrilled that Danny won! He looks like a totally different person - wouldn't have recognized him! What a cutie...:)

He commented last night that no one in his town knows who he is... That would just be so weir! He looks awesome though! I agree there is definitely issues that the 3 finalists had that they finally resolved. It was awesome they all realized what caused their road to obesity and changed it. Tracy looked really odd...kinda like Helen did at the finale of last season. I noticed when they showed Helen at the Marathon, she had gained enough weight back to look healthy.

<h2>1. What were some of the most shocking moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?</h2><p>The Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser" was full of emotional and shocking moments. Two contestants were immediately sent to the hospital, and one remained there for the entire first week. Additionally, trainers Jillian and Bob were shocked to see six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. The return of fan-favorite contestant Daniel was also a surprising and exciting moment for viewers.</p><h2>2. Who was the contestant that returned for Season 8 and why was their return significant?</h2><p>Daniel, a contestant from a previous season, returned for Season 8 of "Biggest Loser". His return was significant because he was a fan favorite and many viewers were disappointed when he did not win his season. It was also revealed that Daniel had continued to lose weight since the Season Finale, which was a pleasant surprise for fans.</p><h2>3. What was the emotional moment involving contestant Abby and her family?</h2><p>One of the most emotional moments from the Season 8 premiere was when contestant Abby's family was shown. Abby's family was seen struggling with their own weight and health issues, which brought tears to the eyes of both the trainers and viewers. This moment highlighted the impact that the show has on not just the contestants, but their loved ones as well.</p><h2>4. How did trainers Jillian and Bob react to seeing six contestants weighing over 400 pounds?</h2><p>Trainers Jillian and Bob were visibly shocked when they saw six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. This weight is considered extremely high and can be dangerous for a person's health. Their reactions showed the severity of the contestants' situations and the challenges they will face during their weight loss journey.</p><h2>5. What were some of the standout moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?</h2><p>Aside from the shocking and emotional moments, there were also some standout moments in the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser". The return of Daniel, the touching moment with Abby and her family, and the overall determination and dedication of the contestants were all highlights of the episode. Additionally, the weight loss results from the first week were impressive and gave viewers a glimpse of the transformations to come.</p>

1. What were some of the most shocking moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?

The Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser" was full of emotional and shocking moments. Two contestants were immediately sent to the hospital, and one remained there for the entire first week. Additionally, trainers Jillian and Bob were shocked to see six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. The return of fan-favorite contestant Daniel was also a surprising and exciting moment for viewers.

2. Who was the contestant that returned for Season 8 and why was their return significant?

Daniel, a contestant from a previous season, returned for Season 8 of "Biggest Loser". His return was significant because he was a fan favorite and many viewers were disappointed when he did not win his season. It was also revealed that Daniel had continued to lose weight since the Season Finale, which was a pleasant surprise for fans.

3. What was the emotional moment involving contestant Abby and her family?

One of the most emotional moments from the Season 8 premiere was when contestant Abby's family was shown. Abby's family was seen struggling with their own weight and health issues, which brought tears to the eyes of both the trainers and viewers. This moment highlighted the impact that the show has on not just the contestants, but their loved ones as well.

4. How did trainers Jillian and Bob react to seeing six contestants weighing over 400 pounds?

Trainers Jillian and Bob were visibly shocked when they saw six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. This weight is considered extremely high and can be dangerous for a person's health. Their reactions showed the severity of the contestants' situations and the challenges they will face during their weight loss journey.

5. What were some of the standout moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?

Aside from the shocking and emotional moments, there were also some standout moments in the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser". The return of Daniel, the touching moment with Abby and her family, and the overall determination and dedication of the contestants were all highlights of the episode. Additionally, the weight loss results from the first week were impressive and gave viewers a glimpse of the transformations to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies