• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Season 8 Premiere Recap: Shocking Weights and Emotional Moments

In summary, Lisa Amanda was the babysitter for someone and she missed the show because she was out, two people in the hospital and one is still there after the first week, Daniel returned and I am so excited, Jillian and Bob were really shocked at 6 people over 400 pounds, WOW!, and Lisa Amanda thinks the show should learn that killing people at the challenges or workouts is going to eventually kill them.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
It started last night with a bang! Two people in the hospital first thing and one is still there after the first week! I cried my eyes out about Abby and her family! Jillian and Bob were really shocked at 6 people over 400 pounds! WOW! Daniel returned and I am so excited! He was my big favorite last year and I hated when he lost! It was great to see he had lost since the Season Finale too!

What did everyone else think?

Oh I missed it, wonder if I can find it on line?? When I get back from Book Fair at school I'll have to check and see if I can't find it.

I lvoe to watch this show, but I need to do something myself and not sit and watch and eat while watching, lol.

I ws also glad to see Daniel back in previews. I wish they'd let Carla come back as her partner that they left at ranch was such a waste, she deserves her own time there.

Lisa

Amanda is the babysitter for someone I know so I wanted to catch this but was out! I don't think you can watch whole episodes online. :( I'm so glad its back to individual...I never watched when it was couples.

It was so good! I can't imagine losing my family like she did! I would have been so depressed and not be able to move on. I can't imagine my life without my husband and my son (he's now 4 months old).

I love this show too. I feel bad for alexandria for having to leave, I think they shouldve sent home the girl in the hospital because obviously something is wrong with her, and maybe she can come back next year.
I would love for carla to come back she was awesome and had a ton oh heart. Joelle really screwed her last year. she needed a second chance.

You should be able to watch the full episode- but if they do it like last season, it won't be posted until either later this week or early next week, before Tuesday. I watched several episodes that way last year.I thought it was very cool to see Daniel back (he's from my county) and how he took SHay under his wing. I missed Abby's story, but my DH filled me in later to explain more of her comments at the weigh-in about death being the easier option, and Jillian in tears. I wish they had given more update on what happened to Tracey though! Can't believe that girl is still in the hospital...wow. The one thing I really wish they'd learn on this show- is that KILLING them at the challenges or workout the First day is going to eventually kill someone! Why do they have to climb the "whole mountain" in one giant leap...versus taking big steps (most normal people would take baby steps!) to build up to it! It frustrates me to see the screaming....give the folks a chance to get into the gym- most probably haven't been in there EVER in their life! You can have a GREAT workout, but not kill them. THen the 2nd or 3rd...you step it up! How many season's now have they had folks in the hospital after the first challenge or the first workout?? Will they ever learn? I realize this makes great TV, but it's people's lives.Ok...I'll quit. :D

I dont relaly agree. The fact is they know when they put their apps in, it is goign to be hard. They should start moving themselves then. Also the girl who ended up in the hospital started running right off. She should have paced her own self a little better. The trainers werent even there pushing her.

They are reairing it Friday at 9 on one of the cable channels...I want to say Oxygen, but I'll double check when I get home and re-post. I DVR'd it (best invention ever, couldn't live without it) and can't wait to watch!

I DVR'd it too as soon as I saw it was on because 6:30-8 is my "Power Phone Calls" time right now. By the time I finish organizing what I need to follow up on with my calls the next day, it was about 8:15! I think they are all given a preliminary physical to see if they can do this. As someone said, Tracy started running to beat Daniel. She just wouldn't realize he had been working out a while...and lost over 100 pounds already!Yeah...it would be nice to see Carla back. Evidently Tracy is able to return or they wouldn't still be holding her place I guess!Abby's story is unreal. I can't believe she brought Jillian to tears! Thought that lady had an "iron heart"! Glad to see she does have real feelings.I think both trainers working with everyone will be interesting... Both of them were yelling right off the bat, but as someone else said, it's not like these people don't know what they do there at the ranch! I doubt anyone who comes on has never seen the show.Did anyone else think it a little strange that they just gave a brief clip on Helen but also showed Mike, Ron, and a couple others from last season? I would love to see Helen now! 114 was ridiculous for her and not fair to have her 20 pounds underweight to win the Finale!

Yeah but even if Tracy pushed herself to beat Daniel. She shouldnt have been hospitalized for a week. I bet she leaves before she makes it to the ranch. Something has to be really wrong. I know I have pushed myself farther than my comfort zone before and didnt black out and end up in the hospital for a week. That really worries me.

I have to disagree- if you have seen the success the past 7 seasons then that's what is working. If they did not experience going to the hospital, I do not think it would impact them. Like for example- the guy who put no medical problems- I FORGOT his name sorry! Then the dr told him that he had type 2 diabetics. He was shocked. I don't think they TRULY understand what they're doing to themselves. Now I have a friend who works for this show- he assured me that there is at least 5 EMTs on site 24 hours for any incidents and at least 2 doctors on call for these contestants at the hospital. I love this show!

Thanks guys for the tips about viewing this episode again!

Ok, I checked it's reairing at 8PM on Friday on the Fine Living Network. Got home too late again to feel like sitting down to watch a 2 hour premiere. Guess it'll have to wait till this weekend. Hoping it motivates me. Me and hubby laughed cause we spent one Sunday in bed all day eating junk food and watching a Biggest Loser Marathon talking about how we need to get our butts in gear!

I didn't mean to imply that I don't think they shouldn't work them hard or expect it- I just meant for the VERY first workout. (although, I think how they do it for the show is so NOT healthy...most experts tell you 1-2 lbs per week is the healthy way to lose the weight)

The trainers seem to be so much about the emotional struggles as well as the physical- and I guess for ME, feeling defeated at the beginning would not help much. I can see partly why they'd push- trying to get them dig deep within and really WANT it. After seeing Shay struggle on the 'ladder', and then when she decided to give it another try- it seemed (who knows with editing) that Jillian made the goal more attainable than before and the sense of accomplishment on Shay's face really said it all. That's what made me think of my original comment about the first workout.

I can see the hospital runs for those others would definitely be a wake up call though!

Looking forward to another season...need the motivation!

I ran into one of the contestants who was on a couple of seasons ago who's from NY and he's gained most of his weight back. (He was the College Football buddy of I think the winner)

Anyway, first ?? I asked him, do you really exercise that many hours as it makes it seem, and he said yes, it's your FULL TIME job while you are there. You get up eat breakfast, go to gym work out, stop for lunch, work out, stop for supper, and work out some more.

He said hardest part for him was 2 fold, coming back home and not having "time" to be at gym that many hours and still have time with wife, son, and other life commitments. Then being exposed again to cheat foods and such.

That's one thing I REALLY liked about Dance your A@@ off was that they were real and had the cheat cupboard, let's face it, it will always be there, whether in your home or not, but at work, family, where ever you might be there's always going to be temptations and that was very hard for him too.

I love this show and again I really need to do something, but I generally sit and watch it eatting ice cream. I should say, I can't watch it unless I'm on exercise bike and actually peddling. One of my dds friends has a TV hooked to a bike, she's the power to keep it on, lol. Maybe I need one of those sets.

Gotta run, Mint Choc. Chip is calling out to me :eek:

Lisa

I kinda wish they would redo the show. Dont get me wrong I love the show, but I think they should keep everyone there and just win weekly prizes or something and at the end of the show whom ever is the biggest loser wins. That way everyone has a chance to get healthy.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when it's replaying???? I saw something about Fine Living Network.........what's that?? I don't think our rural cable has that, lol.

Thanks,

Lisa

I even looked on line at Biggest Loser site and couldn't find anything other than original times (scheduled on Tues.)

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Does anyone know when it's replaying???? I saw something about Fine Living Network.........what's that?? I don't think our rural cable has that, lol.

Thanks,

Lisa

I even looked on line at Biggest Loser site and couldn't find anything other than original times (scheduled on Tues.)

I know it comes on tonight on Fing Living. Not sure what channel that is for everyone else. Don't feel bad, we liv so far in the country cable isn't even an option!It was DirecTV or nothing!

Go to NBC.com - NBC Official Site and click on "watch video" then "The Biggest Loser" from the drop down menu. They don't post episodes until the day the next episode is airing. So the premier won't be available until Tuesday and then it will only be available for 2 weeks (I think, it might just be 1)

Well nothing on my cable at 8 or even at 9, so must be I don't have right package to be able to see that network.

Oh well.

Lisa

Check out NBC.com for some great stuff on TBL! There is also a video with Tracy and Dr. H. I want to watch it but with the grandkids downstairs right now, it's too noisy! Kristin from Season 7 is also doing a blog and answered some questions, so I really enjoyed reading it!

akajuicers said:
I kinda wish they would redo the show. Dont get me wrong I love the show, but I think they should keep everyone there and just win weekly prizes or something and at the end of the show whom ever is the biggest loser wins. That way everyone has a chance to get healthy.

Amanda, I've always felt that way. Even if you take the 'losers' out of the competition once they are voted out I would like to see them kept at the ranch so that they can benefit from the experience.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Well nothing on my cable at 8 or even at 9, so must be I don't have right package to be able to see that network.

Oh well.

Lisa

Lisa - Do you have Blue Ridge or Comcast in your neck of the woods? If BRC, its on NBC, channel 2 at 8pm on Tuesday. Also if you have BRC Digital Cable, Fine Living Network is on channel 217 and The BL is on at 8AM on both Monday (Tomorrow) and Tuesday. Thought since you were somewhat close you might be on the same "rural cable company". HTH :D

I have Comcast and found it on Demand. It cost .99 cents though - not sure why. I wanted to watch it so I paid the money for it. I set up my DVR now!

I can't believe how much they work them out the first day either! I don't know how they can even walk! I read they work out 4 hours a day. Three hours of cardio and 1 hour of weight training.

I've been doing cardio workouts for a month. I have worked my way up to 1 hour a day. My dear friend who is a personal trainier was in town Friday and went to the gym with me to who me some weight training I should do. My thighs hurt so bad!! I had a hard time sitting down and getting back up!!

I've decided to get a bodybugg like they use on Biggest Loser. I placed my order Friday and will get it this week. I'll let you know how I like it when I get it! I was thinking about Weight Watchers and decided this was a better choice for me! I can't wait to try it out!

Jillian was on QVC selling some of her products yesterday. One of the items was a treadmill. She got on it with the highest incline and was huffing and puffing. The fitness model was laughing at her - she got mad at her. It was really funny!

I can't wait to watch this weeks episode!

I have the bodybugg - it's great in that you always know the calories you are burning. I tried wearing it to work during the day and they (Apex) say that no one can see it....Yeah ok! Right! It does look like a growth on your arm under a shirt and unless you have super small arms with baggy sleeves (which at that point why are you wearing it? LOL) they are out of the mind with their suggestion that no one will know its there. I like the online food diary - super easy to use and goes with me to work (where as I forget the notebook).

How long have you had it Melissa? Has it helped you lose weight? Is it as easy to use as they show? Do you have the display watch w/yours? I will have it.

I plan on wearing mine to work. They already know I'm working out and on a diet - there are only 6 of us. I think they will think it's great anyway! My boss works out everyday and diets. We have a workout room at work. I only work 3 days a week besides.

I'm ready to lose this weight! I can't wait until it gets here!

Melissa,
I have Time Warner cable, but since we're rural they don't offer same packages as they do to people that live just 15 miles from where I am.

Oh well, I'm thinking maybe it'll be posted today so I can watch, can't believe I might miss it tomorrow, as I've got an appt I forgot about.

Lisa

It's posted! I checked earlier this morning around 9 and it wasn't, but now it is!

pampchefrhondab said:
How long have you had it Melissa? Has it helped you lose weight? Is it as easy to use as they show? Do you have the display watch w/yours? I will have it.

I plan on wearing mine to work. They already know I'm working out and on a diet - there are only 6 of us. I think they will think it's great anyway! My boss works out everyday and diets. We have a workout room at work. I only work 3 days a week besides.

I'm ready to lose this weight! I can't wait until it gets here!

I have had mine for a year. Its currently out of subscription - needing to renew it. It is SUPER easy to use. Yes I have the watch as well but I only use it as the clip, not the watch (way too big for my taste). I LOVE the clip. TO me I couldn't use it without the clip b/c I'm a busy body and want to know what I'm doing. I often do my workouts by calories and say walk until I hite 500 calories instead of walking for say 60min. Then if I push harder I may be done sooner or later if I slack back a bit.

Did it help me, yes. Am i totally successful? Heck no. I did lose 80lbs but have gained back 30 due to a combination of laziness, lack of exercise, eating like I used to AND insulin resistance caused from my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I am now on Metformin and hoping for success with that for the PCOS and the other item should fall back in line. My goal is to be down 50lbs by Christmas.

The body bug helps you achieve the successful equation....Calories OUT must be greater than calories IN. Also the food journal online with BB is easy. I like that I can add to it (like my Sugar Free Jello puddings) etc.
It ONLY works if you use it but then again, my best friend has lost 120lbs, went from a 22 to size 0 in one year with NO bodybugg, NO gym membership, NO buying DVDs. She used the free workouts on "On Demand" thru the cable company, kept a food journal of EVERY thing that went in her mouth, walked and said "I will do this". Any diet plan WILL work if you stick to it, bodybugg or not.

To me, dieting is the hardest thing in the world and so far the only thing I cannot accomplish in my life.
Best wishes!

Wow, sounds like you've done a great job to me Melissa!

I want it to see how many calories I'm actually burning. I've been working out a little over a month now and watching what I eat and am only down 3 lbs!! I have lost 2% of my body fat though. That is why I got the scale which shows body fat. I knew weight loss would be less if I gained muscle!

I really don't think I burn many calories during the day besides my workout. I really want to see how I'm doing. Some days I don't think I really eat enough of the right foods either - not enough vegies, protein. I'm looking forward to tracking my food and learning what I may need to add to my diet.

I am in my 40's so I'm sure the weight will come off slower than a younger person. I already feel so much better just working out and giving up my Diet Mt. Dew! My joint pain is almost gone! It's wonderful! The other day I was stressed out and instead of eating I wanted to do a 4 mile walk! My habits are starting to change and it feels so good! I just hope I can keep it up in the winter - it is the hardest time for me since it's always dark!!

Keep up the good work Melissa and thanks again! My BB shipped yesterday! I'm hoping to get it Thursday!

So what did everyone think tonight? I know everyone worked hard this week! Maybe the "2nd week curse" will not happen this time! I was so excited to see Daniel get under 300 pounds! WOOHOO for him! I would love to see him win it this time!

I thought it was pretty good - the sales pitches always seem awkward to me though. They just don't seem to flow and are just thrown in.

I was also happy to see Daniel under 300! I think he stands a good chance of getting far this time. I think he made a great choice in a team mate!

Spoiler Alert!Yay!!!!!!!!! I don't think I've ever cheered so loud as when Daniel and the young woman (I can't remember her name) got such great numbers. Send Tracey home! The woman has no clue how to treat other people.ETA:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They need to send Tracey home. She needs to learn that treating people like dirt is no way to do anything. I can only hope that when she gets a chance to watch this she'll see how her actions hurt so many people.

Now you're just confusin' me Rae!

ChefBeckyD said:
Now you're just confusin' me Rae!
LOL
She somehow got rid of the boo-boo-thread! :D She's got connections!I asked in that other thread before it disappeared....I missed why Tracey decided to split the teams up? Did she not think that would hurt her?
But I'm surprised that they all voted the way they did!

I was just getting ready to PM you, Becky. Once I realized what I'd done with the title of that boo-boo thread, it occurred to me that I probably did that in the search as well. Since there was already a BL thread, I deleted the other one.
She somehow got rid of the boo-boo-thread! She's got connections!
I had no need of my incredible connections, Bobbi. Since I was the one who started the thread, I just chose "Delete Thread" under the "Thread Tools."

Bobbi - I missed the beginning too so I'm not sure, but I know all the junk she's pulled in previous weeks.

I am so sad that Coach Mo went home, and she stayed. It's just wrong. And I wanted to smack her when she was crying and saying how much she loved him....as she voted him off. She doesn't deserve to be there.:grumpy:

raebates said:
I was just getting ready to PM you, Becky. Once I realized what I'd done with the title of that boo-boo thread, it occurred to me that I probably did that in the search as well. Since there was already a BL thread, I deleted the other one.

LOL - I'm just messin' with you Rae! :D

Tracy is like what his name (the Father on the father/son team) from last season! Not nice!

Nooooooooooooooo

There is no way I would have voted Mo off instead of Tracey (who is just a psycho beeeeaaaatch). Bigger numbers? Maybe. But there is something to be said for coming together as a team. Wow. I was so excited because I figured this would be their chance to get rid of her. . . :eek:

chefjeanine said:
Nooooooooooooooo

There is no way I would have voted Mo off instead of Tracey (who is just a psycho beeeeaaaatch). Bigger numbers? Maybe. But there is something to be said for coming together as a team. Wow. I was so excited because I figured this would be their chance to get rid of her. . . :eek:

I know Jeanine! When the blue team lost the weigh-in, I said to DH that Tracy was going home, because no one likes her!

So frustrating! I wanted to yell at the TV!

I missed why Tracey decided to split the teams up? Did she not think that would hurt her?
She earned the chance to choose who went with each trainer. She decided to "do what's best for me." I like to believe I'd at least leave teams together. I have no problem with playing the game. Everyone's there at least in part to win. Still, there's no need to intentionally hurt people.

Coach Mo is too classy! I can't believe he fell on his sword...but he wasn't the type of person to let revenge decide the outcome versus actual numbers.

Quote:
So frustrating! I wanted to yell at the TV!

I did yell at the TV.

I also yelled at TV, matter of fact woke :indif: my girls up :eek:
They were not happy. I'm sitting there with tears running down my face that Mo took her bullet. But I'm also so glad he's playing it forward and making a HUGE difference in so many kids lives. I think I need MO here.......I'm not doing so well with my plan I"m trying to be on.

I can't believe Blue Team, they had perfect opportunity to get rid of her!! :grumpy:

Hope they don't live to regret it!! :confused:

I was so happy for Danny :D that Liz did that for him with the video, that's an amazing partner (even if they are on different teams now)

Lisa

I was cursing at the TV too. She annoys me i want her gone. I think the game tonight was rigged somehow for her to win. and how is she losing weight if she cant do anything? If she wins the whole thing i will quit watching it for good.

Tracey should have been on Survivor with her attitude!! I nearly choked when she said she needed to START thinking for herself. I wouldn't be surprized if they find out she has been cheating some how with her weight loss. I mean how can she not do anything and lose more than the others who are killing themselves?

Ron was the exact same way last season. I swear I never saw him working out and his injuries kept him from doing what most of them did and still he lost and stuck around till the final four. Tracey will be this season's Ron i bet, I too choked and my husband and I looked at each other when she said she was finally starting to think about HER game and not anyone elses!
Mara

My guess is this. She's eating much better now and at least moving a big. So she's getting her metabolism moving but not building muscle. At first, that's going to show weight loss a bit faster. The more I've thought about it, I think Coach Mo wanted Tracey to stay so she would have one more chance to get it. She is clearly clueless.

I was soooooooo doing the happy dance when the blue team lost. I thought for sure they were going to FINALLY get rid of Tracey!! UGH!!!!! Coach Mo took her bullet and it wasn't fair.

What makes me angry, is that these people who have been there from day 1 working their fannies off.........blood sweat and tears.......are getting booted off left and right and evil Tracey is STILL THERE. Plus, she got a video from home! So many other people deserved that video - she hasn't done a darn thing to deserve it.

I wonder how Bob and Jillian are going to react when they see Mo gone?!?! You KNOW that Bob was expecting them to vote out Tracey too!

<h2>1. What were some of the most shocking moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?</h2><p>The Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser" was full of emotional and shocking moments. Two contestants were immediately sent to the hospital, and one remained there for the entire first week. Additionally, trainers Jillian and Bob were shocked to see six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. The return of fan-favorite contestant Daniel was also a surprising and exciting moment for viewers.</p><h2>2. Who was the contestant that returned for Season 8 and why was their return significant?</h2><p>Daniel, a contestant from a previous season, returned for Season 8 of "Biggest Loser". His return was significant because he was a fan favorite and many viewers were disappointed when he did not win his season. It was also revealed that Daniel had continued to lose weight since the Season Finale, which was a pleasant surprise for fans.</p><h2>3. What was the emotional moment involving contestant Abby and her family?</h2><p>One of the most emotional moments from the Season 8 premiere was when contestant Abby's family was shown. Abby's family was seen struggling with their own weight and health issues, which brought tears to the eyes of both the trainers and viewers. This moment highlighted the impact that the show has on not just the contestants, but their loved ones as well.</p><h2>4. How did trainers Jillian and Bob react to seeing six contestants weighing over 400 pounds?</h2><p>Trainers Jillian and Bob were visibly shocked when they saw six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. This weight is considered extremely high and can be dangerous for a person's health. Their reactions showed the severity of the contestants' situations and the challenges they will face during their weight loss journey.</p><h2>5. What were some of the standout moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?</h2><p>Aside from the shocking and emotional moments, there were also some standout moments in the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser". The return of Daniel, the touching moment with Abby and her family, and the overall determination and dedication of the contestants were all highlights of the episode. Additionally, the weight loss results from the first week were impressive and gave viewers a glimpse of the transformations to come.</p>

1. What were some of the most shocking moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?

The Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser" was full of emotional and shocking moments. Two contestants were immediately sent to the hospital, and one remained there for the entire first week. Additionally, trainers Jillian and Bob were shocked to see six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. The return of fan-favorite contestant Daniel was also a surprising and exciting moment for viewers.

2. Who was the contestant that returned for Season 8 and why was their return significant?

Daniel, a contestant from a previous season, returned for Season 8 of "Biggest Loser". His return was significant because he was a fan favorite and many viewers were disappointed when he did not win his season. It was also revealed that Daniel had continued to lose weight since the Season Finale, which was a pleasant surprise for fans.

3. What was the emotional moment involving contestant Abby and her family?

One of the most emotional moments from the Season 8 premiere was when contestant Abby's family was shown. Abby's family was seen struggling with their own weight and health issues, which brought tears to the eyes of both the trainers and viewers. This moment highlighted the impact that the show has on not just the contestants, but their loved ones as well.

4. How did trainers Jillian and Bob react to seeing six contestants weighing over 400 pounds?

Trainers Jillian and Bob were visibly shocked when they saw six contestants weighing over 400 pounds. This weight is considered extremely high and can be dangerous for a person's health. Their reactions showed the severity of the contestants' situations and the challenges they will face during their weight loss journey.

5. What were some of the standout moments from the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser"?

Aside from the shocking and emotional moments, there were also some standout moments in the Season 8 premiere of "Biggest Loser". The return of Daniel, the touching moment with Abby and her family, and the overall determination and dedication of the contestants were all highlights of the episode. Additionally, the weight loss results from the first week were impressive and gave viewers a glimpse of the transformations to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies