• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wow, I Lost 31 lbs. in 14 Weeks - Did You See the New Season?

In summary, the mom of the white team went home and the people on the red team had immunity the past two weeks.
pampchefrhondab
Did anyone watch the new season? I thought it was really good. I could not beleive the weight they all lost in 1 week!! They lost in 1 week what I have lost in 14 using my Bodybugg! I'm up to 31 lbs. I thought I was doing good (LOL)!

I couldn't believe they sent 2 teams home. I can't wait to see how they did when they come back.

I didn't think it could be as good as the last season since I liked so many of the people, but now I think I may like it just as well.

I'm looking forward to see how much weight I can lose before the finale show as well.

I watched it! But I was so angry when they sent those two teams home!! I think it's cruel to bring them there and eliminate them before they even get any knowledge of how to help themselves!

I was so sad when it came down to the twins at the end elimination but I though they chose the right one.

I am too starting to loose weight again. I've lost over 50 over the last 9 months aiming for another 25 at least.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Awesome work Rosebud. I've made it my goal this year to lose the weight I've been carrying around for too long.

I watched. With so many people it's difficult to get to know them. I was glad that the team that was eliminated right away will be getting some support. I really felt sorry for them.

Watched it. It's an interesting twist with sending those two teams home. They have the support of Bob and Jillian and will be coming back, so I don't think it was cruel.I can't believe James lost 100 lbs on his own. That is amazing!Like Rae said, with so many, it's hard to pick a favorite person/team yet. We'll see after the next few episodes and challenges.

Need an update. . .what happened last week?

You can probably watch it on nbc.com The mom of the white team went home.

I really hope the son on the white team steps it up and starts really giving some effort. I don't want him to end up like Eric and gaining it all back later. I was so disapointed when they did the reunion show! He was my inspiration. :cry:

What do you think of the chick who has thrown two weigh-ins now? I thought Jillian and Bob were going to go after her! She is just a jerk! I wish they had switched them and make her weigh-in. Did you notice that the Mom of the White Team had not lost any weight (and maybe gained what she lost back) because they gave no weight total for her... They always do! I love the twins and so excited the one is doing so well!

I really don't like the Green team. Their attitude just irks me. Get over yourselves and LISTEN to what people are saying, don't just shut-down and throw up the wall.And I didn't understand what they meant by her throwing the weigh-in? I guess I missed something along the way.

Last edited:
I can't stand the green team either - the are even worse so far tonight.

The women on the red team had immunity the past two weeks - she only lost 1 lb. last week, and I can't remember for sure the week before but I think no weight. The first week she lost 19 lbs. Jillian and Bob swear she is not losing weight so she can lose a lot when they don't have immunity.

pampchefrhondab said:
I can't stand the green team either - the are even worse so far tonight.

The women on the red team had immunity the past two weeks - she only lost 1 lb. last week, and I can't remember for sure the week before but I think no weight. The first week she lost 19 lbs. Jillian and Bob swear she is not losing weight so she can lose a lot when they don't have immunity.

But with everything they are doing how can she KEEP herself from losing weight? I don't get that?

Ah. So what would she gain by throwing the weight though? I guess that's what I don't get. But- she only hurts herself. If I were Bob and Jillian, I don't think I'd have gotten into a screaming match about it- it's HER choice if that is what she's doing. The whole game-drama gets old sometimes, but that's "showbiz", right?

Last edited:
Can we not post spoilers until the day after please? The entire show has not even aired across the country yet!

Last edited:
If she can keep her numbers low during the weeks she has immunity, then she figured that she could lose a bigger number at a weigh-in where she did not have immunity.

I don't remember the name of the lady who was crazy last season. . .this gal makes me think of her without that crazed :eek: look in her eye.

DebbieJ said:
Can we not post spoilers until the day after please? The entire show has not even aired across the country yet!
LOL - Sorry!! I edited my original- so if you want to edit your "quote", I won't be blamed for spoiling it for ALL. ;)

chefjeanine said:
If she can keep her numbers low during the weeks she has immunity, then she figured that she could lose a bigger number at a weigh-in where she did not have immunity.

I don't remember the name of the lady who was crazy last season. . .this gal makes me think of her without that crazed :eek: look in her eye.

I was thinking the same thing!

ChefBeckyD said:
I was thinking the same thing!

Was her name Tracy? She always acted like she was normal and that she had no idea why everyone disliked her.

chefjeanine said:
Was her name Tracy? She always acted like she was normal and that she had no idea why everyone disliked her.

yes. Tracy. And she lost a LOT of weight but looked unhealthily thin at the final episode.

Too much drama! Wow.

esavvymom said:
Too much drama! Wow.

"You and me against the world" sized chip on their shoulders. Gheesh. I hate it when adults pout.

esavvymom said:
Too much drama! Wow.

Yeah, I don't really enjoy that part of the show. I would think that the trainers don't like it either. It must make it difficult to do their job. I suppose it makes for better ratings but. . .

That's not the one that should have been sent home.

One way that I think I heard that the contestants will throw a weigh-in is by drinking a ton of water discreetly. That way, they really are losing a lot of weight, but people don't realize. Then afterwards, they just sweat it and work it all off. Usually people will throw it one week when they know they are immune, so that the next week it'll appear that they lost a lot more and will have the higher percentage.

ChefBeckyD said:
But with everything they are doing how can she KEEP herself from losing weight? I don't get that?

They've talked about that many seasons ago, they just drink a butt load of water and eat high salt so they retain a bunch then with in a couple days it all comes right back off...it's doable but not very healthy that's why Bob and Jillian always get so mad! I remember Matt talked about a few years back he's the one who won and went on to marry the other contestant and they've had babies now.

Bob's on Jay Leno right now talking about it.

I was very disappointed last week to see Melissa return to the house. She just doesn't get it. Yes, you need to stay aware of the game. But, the main purpose of this "game" is to learn how to make permanent changes in your life. Plus, friendships are a vital part of life. She found out this evening just how important those friendships are. Friends help friends. When you have no friends you get no help.

raebates said:
I was very disappointed last week to see Melissa return to the house. She just doesn't get it. Yes, you need to stay aware of the game. But, the main purpose of this "game" is to learn how to make permanent changes in your life. Plus, friendships are a vital part of life. She found out this evening just how important those friendships are. Friends help friends. When you have no friends you get no help.

You are so right and it seems like EVERY season, there is a "Melissa" :mad: who comes in just wanting to win the money. When will they get it that the ones who win the money are the ones who focus on the weight loss and not playing the game?

I loved her why-you-should-keep-me speech. I was waiting for someone to say, "Yeah, but we don't like you." I really hope she leaves again.

She's gone!!!!!

Waaaahoooooooooo!

I'm so excited to see Danny again next week!

Sheeze . . . did Melissa really think the rest of them were so dumb that they wouldn't get that while they were 'picking off everyone with her in the bottom' every week, she would still be there?!?! Come ON!Sandi

Game play is one thing. Alienating every other person in the game is another. Extremely competitive people sometimes forget that relationships and teamwork are a part of the game.

Other than Melissa, there seems to be a lot of unity this season. Not a lot of back-stabbing/drama that there was in a few past seasons. Even though they are now working as individuals they still are helping each other which is great to see. They all seem to recognize they have the same goal....lose weight! This will also make it hard now to vote off someone. We are going to see a lot of tears in the upcoming episodes I think.

I love watching the show. Gives me lots of tips plus I love to see the progress.

Did anyone that Allison Sweeney almost laughed when Melissa got mad about losing the challenge?

pkd09 said:
Other than Melissa, there seems to be a lot of unity this season. Not a lot of back-stabbing/drama that there was in a few past seasons. Even though they are now working as individuals they still are helping each other which is great to see. They all seem to recognize they have the same goal....lose weight! This will also make it hard now to vote off someone. We are going to see a lot of tears in the upcoming episodes I think.

I love watching the show. Gives me lots of tips plus I love to see the progress.

My DH commented on that last night- that other than Melissa (so glad she's gone....bleh!), most of the individuals did not seem to have any game-play going on (yet). It's nice for a change! (Probably for Bob and Jillian too! We know how much they love "the game".)

I agree, Pat. They're clearly all getting to know and like one another. There were some misunderstandings a week or so ago when someone speculated that one of the girls might be playing games, but even that wasn't really an ugly incident. As they have to get rid of people they like it's going to be difficult.

I did notice Allison's reaction to Melissa's whining. Cracked me up.

Did you notice to that it gave no "lose to date" for Melissa like it does at the end? I bet she hasn't lost any at all since she left. I don't get how she whined for Lance to come home so badly that he asked to be sent home then 2 weeks later, she fights to win the challenge to come back. She is a piece of work. There was a lot of talk on the Biggest Loser FB page too. I don't think I have ever seen no one go to hug the person who is leaving... No one moved last night when she left. Guess she needs a major personality change as well!Can you believe how great Shea looks? That girl is going to have some good money from Subway at the finale plus all the pay for the spots she does now and all those trips for her and the family! No one deserves it more!

My favorite thing about her little speech at the end was her saying that her job as a lawyer was to convince a jury to believe that her was of thinking was the correct way of thinking but she never said anything about it being the truth or what was right. She kept telling them "I can't win. I don't have enough weight to lose to win. I'm not here to win" and then telling the camera "I'm gonna win it all"

she may have trouble finding jury members now who don't know who she is and wonder about what she is saying.

Melissa is crazy just like Tracy was. I was so glad to see her go!! She had to know if she didn't earn immunity and fell below she'd be GONE!!

Sam (the taller one) is looking GOOD!! I'd love to see him win the whole thing, but he just doesn't have that weight to lose. Mike is such a dork (in a good way-like a big ole kid). I'm so glad that they are a tight knit group. I kinda feel for Victoria because she's still somewhat on the outside, but she's got lots of love from the others.

I don't know - I think Sam could win it. Since it's all based on percentages, he could do it. I would really like SunShine to win it all though - she has grown so much. Mike has the most to lose but the same amount of time as everyone else. He could lose more than 60% of his weight and still weigh over 200lbs. If Sam tried to lose 60% of his weight he would only weigh about 160lbs - and that's too small for his frame. It's all going to come down to time.

What I loved is when Alison told Melissa that the 1 lb disadvantage wouldn't have even mattered. Pretty much what Melissa said to the green team when she gave them the 2lb disadvantage weeks back. It all comes back to bite you in the behind! LOL!

I thought about that, too, Charity.

Love the makeovers! Daris and Mike both look amazing! The change in each of them is wonderful. One thing, though--have these people never watched the show before? They all seem shocked to have their families show up. Doesn't that happen every season right after the makeovers?

Its not as bad as on SURVIVOR where every season somebody shows up who doesn't have the foggiest idea about how to make fire.

They looked awesome. finally Sunshine got those brows waxed! Good grief!Mike's hair looks WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better.I wish Sam and Koli would keep up with clean face though--they need to shave!

RMDave said:
Its not as bad as on SURVIVOR where every season somebody shows up who doesn't have the foggiest idea about how to make fire.

The Furry Guy, an eagle scout, grumbles every season about contestants who can't make fire, make a decent shelter, or hunt up enough food to eat.

raebates said:
Love the makeovers! Daris and Mike both look amazing! The change in each of them is wonderful.

But my question is why did they leave Daris curly on top? He looked so good when they revealed his look, but then did you see him when they did the challenge? What is up with that??? It just looked kind of ridiculous!

I am glad Sam is gone, it's been bugging me that he hung on this long and other people left who needed to be there and they kept him around when he had nothing more to lose!

And was anyone else surprised by the Stephanie-Sam relationship!? Crazy!!!

Careyann said:
raebates said:
Love the makeovers! Daris and Mike both look amazing! The change in each of them is wonderful.

But my question is why did they leave Daris curly on top? He looked so good when they revealed his look, but then did you see him when they did the challenge? What is up with that??? It just looked kind of ridiculous!

I am glad Sam is gone, it's been bugging me that he hung on this long and other people left who needed to be there and they kept him around when he had nothing more to lose!

And was anyone else surprised by the Stephanie-Sam relationship!? Crazy!!!

Could be the difference between "Hair Product" vs "NO Hair Product". I know my hair looks pretty good too when I get it done by someone else. When I'm left to my own devices and skills, uh...not so much. :)
He may just have hair that is curly. I haven't seen most of the episode or enough of the makeovers to remember what he looked like post-makeover. I caught the tail end.

Yeah, he has super curly hair and they gave him a cut where he could style it that way (a "slicked-back pompadour" as one new outlet described it). But he's got better things to do than style his hair to workout.

I too was suprised by the Stephanie-Sam relationship! In past seasons I've totally seen them coming but this one was a total shocker! The weird thing is in the ending he says something like "probably doesn't come as a surprise..." and I was like "wait, who did he have alot of chemistry with on the show?!"

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • AnnieBee