• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Big Yellow Box Going Out of Business?

In summary, PC consultants are upset because the company they worked for is closing down. The company is small and didn't have a lot of products.
colechef
Wow, I stumbled upon this today. Big Yellow box announced July 12th that they would be closing their business effective the end of August!! Never been to a party, but they had some cool products!

colechef

do they have a website

Wow, they weren't in business very long. I went to a party a few months ago. They do have nice stuff, but EXPENSIVE for something that's just an arts & craft project. Too bad.

Wow, the poor consultants! That would be so bad! That is the scary part of working w/a new organization, but you sure think something run by Crayola would have done well.

I wonder how Taste of Home Entertaining is doing?

It doesn't surprise me......their stuff was expensive - and limited in scope.....

I have a friend who has been a consultant - she just stopped selling a month ago - mainly because they changed online so that the catalog couldn't be viewed online - you had to go to a show to actually see the catalog......I thought that was short-sighted at the time.......
I do feel bad for the consultants - especially those who had worked hard to build a down-line.
That is what I love about PC - you know they are tried and true, full of integrity & ethics, and here to stay......also, I think we are about the only Home Party Plan that is recession-proof. (IMO)

My sister in law sells Taste of Home and says they are doing well. I had a show form her last Sept and was NOT impressed with the quality of their products. I had to return 2 items because the glaze had pin holes in the glaze. I was embarrassed after the fact for my guests because of the poor quality. I'll never host another show for her. Of course, she has had 3 PC shows!! I keep trying to recruit her!

Never heard of them! Guess they werent anywhere around here!

I guess that answers the question about whether this was the company Jo Price was going to. :)

Jo Price is leaving too? A Director in my cluster with a big downline just quit too.....WOW!

Cindycooks said:
Jo Price is leaving too? A Director in my cluster with a big downline just quit too.....WOW!
There was an Execuflash 2 weeks ago. If your upline didn't pass it down, you probably didn't hear about it. Someone posted it here, so you can search for it and get the dirt.

Thank you - I dont know how I missed that!

chefann said:
I guess that answers the question about whether this was the company Jo Price was going to. :)

Jo went with The Body Shop.

Cindycooks said:

Some of the directors who are leaving PC for another company are going with My Private Quarters.

finley1991 said:
Jo went with The Body Shop.
That was my initial thought. Maybe now they'll get some policies to help out their "at home" consultants.

What is My Private Quarters?

bedding and linens

I have a "project" from the big yellow box that hasn't been started. A really cute princess clock that was outrageously priced! I only bought it to help my friend who was hosting. I didn't make it to her party.

Sue Rusch left PC and started her own direct sales coaching business and the went to BYB. I'm sad for all the consultants that now have no job, BUT now maybe Sue Rusch will put her coaching website back up so I can buy some of her audios! I can't find them anywhere!

All I can say is recruit recruit and recruit LOL I am going to find all those business cards I have of Yellow Box consultants and see what I can do ;) I feel bad for them but at least they will have the experience to get out there and do what we are doing :)

Unfortunately, lots of Directors have left PC looking for better opportunities. Sue Rusch was one of Doris's first stars back in 1983. I was very fortunate to have been at a PC workshop she gave about 8 years ago. Last I heard she had closed her Business Coaching operations (Direct Sales Resources, Inc.) and had joined Big Yellow Box.

Sensaria Natural Body Care and Taste of Home Entertainment are just a couple that I know that persuaded lots of Directors in their direction. It's a big risk to take when you leave for a company one that is still at ground level. You just don't know what they could head for.

I'm sure PC will still be here for a very loooong time.

I didn't like Big Yellow Box because they were so expensive also they did not have a lot of products for boys. A friend of mine was selling it, I have never been or had a party for her. I would have but they don't have a lot for boys and I have one son. I am not surprised they went out of business, to expensive and not a large product line. I will have to check with my friend and see what she knows.

I also hope Sue Rusch starts her coaching biz again. I was lucky enough to have bought one of her CD's and two of her books.

micocina said:
I also hope Sue Rusch starts her coaching biz again. I was lucky enough to have bought one of her CD's and two of her books.
I'd love to get my hands on some of her materials! I've heard a lot about her.

I went searching for more info since I had never heard of Sue before. I found a product here. It's called ORGANIZED FOR HOME-BASED BUSINESS SUCCESS.

http://www.onlineorganizing.com/ProductsPage.asp?name=Organized_For_Home_Based_Business_Success

I also found this article by her.
Afraid of Being “Pushy?” By Sue Rusch

Are you reluctant to ask? Many direct sellers share a common fear: reluctance to ask, for fear of being labeled “pushy.” When I was in the business of doing home parties, I had an interesting interaction with one of my hostesses. What you learn from this experience may help you to shift your thinking. When you think differently, you will act differently.

At the conclusion of a show-closing phone call (wrapping up details and finalizing all orders) a hostess asked me a powerful question: “Sue, are you open to a few constructive remarks?” Sales at her show exceeded $1,000, so her opinions were important to me. I quickly replayed her show in my mind, trying to guess at what she had to say. Even though I was bracing myself for her comments, I responded by saying “Of course, there’s always room for improvement!” She said, “I am disappointed that I didn’t get more bookings. I think it’s because of the way you approached bookings, and I know some of your other hostesses have felt the same way. We’ve talked about it. You told everyone about booking, and what they would earn for hostessing. You told of the fun of a party and how easy it is to be a hostess. But you never talked to people as individuals and told them how much you would really like to work with them. No one really got the impression you wanted them to book a show with you. No one felt personally invited.”

I was surprised to hear this! After all, I consciously adopted a “hands-off” approach because I took pride in running my business in a professional manner, without being pushy. This hostess and I went on to talk about what it might look like if I asked each of her people. I asked her how she would feel if I had asked each guest, and she responded by saying “my sister-in-law came wanting to book a show, but you never asked her so she didn’t book. It would help you and your hostesses if you let each guest know you’d like to work with them. If you seemed more interested in them as individuals, not just as part of a group.” We had a healthy discussion about the limits of being “too pushy” with guests. We talked about ways to let guests know we really want to work with them. We discussed the warmth that comes with talking with people one-on-one instead of as a group. This powerful feedback was coming from a very successful hostess who felt disappointed that I didn’t personally approach her guests. She didn’t feel that it would have been “pushy” for me to talk to her guests. She would have appreciated it if I had asked. What, then, is the difference between asking and being pushy?

Here are some thoughts on “pushy”:
“Pushy” says that we are going beyond our client’s interest level. No one feels comfortable when a salesperson continues to sell long after the client has made it clear that there is no interest. Is it pushy to assess a client’s interest level by asking a question? I don’t think so. Furthermore, “pushy” implies that we are promoting something that is not of value. It implies that we benefit from the sale but our client does not. Most direct sellers are involved because of a passion for their products.

Are you “pushing”? Of course not. What’s the worst that could happen if you ask? Your client says “no.” What’s the best that could happen? Your client says “yes” or “maybe.” Think of what you could do with your business if you had more leads to work with. Think of all that you have to offer. Ask! Here are a few ways that you can ask:
• You had fun tonight, didn’t’ you?
• Have you thought of hosting a show in your home?
• I can tell you love our products. Wouldn’t it be fun to share them with your friends?
• Would you like to know more about hosting a show?
• I noticed that you are amazingly fired up about our products. Have you ever thought about doing what I do?

The input from my $1000 hostess was invaluable.
The key to sharing your enthusiasm for your company,
your products, and the career opportunity is this:
ASK!

That was a wonderful article. I'm going to save it.

Bev, thank you so much for that article. I actually just shared it with the next 3 levels of my upline, as I know there are so many of us out there who feel this way. This is something that conference made me look at and examine and this article is a great reminder of what I learned!

Thanks for sharing that, Bev! I'm going to give that to all of my recruits!! :)

I just purchased a set of tapes by Sue Rusch from my former Director. She is really good! Funny I thought to myself, she sounds like she was a PC consultant! (Obviously before I read it here!)

I hesitated buying them since they weren't on CD, but I have a tape player in my car (which is where I only have time to listen to them anyway). I'm so glad I got them!

I was looking into this biz quite a while back, and didn't go for it since it seemed mainly mother and daughter, and I have all boys, other than that it was rather expensive, and we do crafts on our own anyway.

I just looked at their website and they have some cute stuff... if it really is on sale, I wish they would tell people that!

What is Big Yellow Box?

Big Yellow Box is a company that sells party supplies and novelty items. They recently announced that they will be going out of business at the end of August.

When did Big Yellow Box announce their closure?

Big Yellow Box announced their closure on July 12th.

What is the reason for Big Yellow Box's closure?

The reason for Big Yellow Box's closure has not been publicly disclosed. It could be due to financial reasons or other strategic decisions.

Have you ever been to a Big Yellow Box party?

No, I have not personally been to a Big Yellow Box party, but they were known for having unique and fun products.

What will happen to Big Yellow Box's products?

It is uncertain what will happen to Big Yellow Box's products after their closure. They may be sold off or liquidated. Customers should contact the company for any inquiries about specific products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • lbdenton