• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Easy Big Enchilada Recipe for Mystery Host Show | Expert Tips & Tricks

In summary,Sandi is trying to make tortillas that look like the picture on her Mystery Host show, but they don't look like it. She says that she and her husband (the engineer) can't figure out how to fold them and that she now thinks they were cut in the picture. She goes looking for a video how-to but can't find one. People who make them usually cut them before folding them. Sandi's tortillas looked horrible after she folded them, but after she added sauce and cheese, they looked appetizing. Her open house was a success and she is expecting similar results in November.
DebPC
Staff member
I'm making this for my Mystery Host Show tomorrow night. Got all the ingredients, did a trial of laying out the tortillas on the bar pan. I and my husband (the engineer) cannot figure out how to fold them to look like the picture. I now think in the pic they have been cut. I went searching for a video how to and couldn't find one. Does anyone know of one? Or can someone explain how to fold them. The directions just say to fold over the chicken. Do the tortillas overlap 3" on all four sides or just the long sides?
Thanks!

Didn't they show how to do them on the change over DVD? I know I saw it somewhere and you do get them to look like the picture by cutting them.

Sandi

I just watched the new fall products one- didn't see it.

When I've made it, I clover leaf the tortilla shells and they hang over the edge a bit. Brushing them with the sauce helps them stick together when you fold it over. I folded the "short" side first, then the long side. I had too much filling and it separated a bit. The picture does indeed show it sliced. I think they folded it, sliced it, then brushed the top with sauce and topped with cheese, then heated for the cheese to melt. I have yet to make it look like the picture and I make that declaration prior to fixing it! However, it is so delicious no one cares.

Found it -- I was beginning to think I had a dream about it - LOL. Fall Marketing Guide > Video Gallery.

Sandi

I made it last night for my Mystery Host Open House. Looked horrible after I folded the tortillas but after I added the sauce and cheese- it looked like a rather appetizing big blob. Everyone liked it. Cosmos went over well too. 2k in sales so far and 3 bookings.

Happy Chef said:
I made it last night for my Mystery Host Open House. Looked horrible after I folded the tortillas but after I added the sauce and cheese- it looked like a rather appetizing big blob. Everyone liked it. Cosmos went over well too. 2k in sales so far and 3 bookings.

That is an awesome open house!

I added an extra tortilla to the bottom, kind of like a flower, mine looked pretty close to the picture :) I also used whole wheat tortillas.

People love the idea they could win host benefits. This year I had 3 people win. They could get extra chances for the drawing by bring guests, ordering big, and bringing outside orders. Also the first 13 people to RSVP also get an extra chance slip. So I know within 24 hrs of sending the invite emails- it's a go. Super fun atmosphere with door prizes, food and wine!

Happy Chef said:
People love the idea they could win host benefits. This year I had 3 people win. They could get extra chances for the drawing by bring guests, ordering big, and bringing outside orders. Also the first 13 people to RSVP also get an extra chance slip. So I know within 24 hrs of sending the invite emails- it's a go. Super fun atmosphere with door prizes, food and wine!

By any chance would you have an invite/flyer about your open house that you could share? I think I'm going to add one in for November.

Will do in a day or 2.

1. What ingredients are needed for a Big Enchilada Recipe?

The ingredients for a Big Enchilada Recipe typically include tortillas, shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, cheese, onions, and any additional toppings such as avocado, sour cream, or salsa.

2. How do I make sure my enchiladas don't get soggy?

To prevent your enchiladas from getting soggy, make sure to lightly toast your tortillas before filling them. You can also place a layer of cheese on the bottom of the baking dish before adding the enchiladas, as this will act as a barrier between the tortillas and the sauce.

3. Can I make a vegetarian version of the Big Enchilada Recipe?

Yes, you can easily make a vegetarian version of the Big Enchilada Recipe by substituting the shredded chicken with beans, tofu, or roasted vegetables. You can also use a vegetarian-friendly enchilada sauce and skip the cheese if desired.

4. How do I store leftovers of the Big Enchilada Recipe?

Leftovers of the Big Enchilada Recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, place the enchiladas in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

5. Can I freeze the Big Enchilada Recipe?

Yes, you can freeze the Big Enchilada Recipe for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap the enchiladas tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing. To reheat, let the enchiladas thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
almondfarm
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies