• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Big Enchilada Recipe

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
I'm making this for my Mystery Host Show tomorrow night. Got all the ingredients, did a trial of laying out the tortillas on the bar pan. I and my husband (the engineer) cannot figure out how to fold them to look like the picture. I now think in the pic they have been cut. I went searching for a video how to and couldn't find one. Does anyone know of one? Or can someone explain how to fold them. The directions just say to fold over the chicken. Do the tortillas overlap 3" on all four sides or just the long sides?
Thanks!

D

DuenFounnyHok

Didn't they show how to do them on the change over DVD? I know I saw it somewhere and you do get them to look like the picture by cutting them.

Sandi

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
I just watched the new fall products one- didn't see it.

S

Sequeemamma

When I've made it, I clover leaf the tortilla shells and they hang over the edge a bit. Brushing them with the sauce helps them stick together when you fold it over. I folded the "short" side first, then the long side. I had too much filling and it separated a bit. The picture does indeed show it sliced. I think they folded it, sliced it, then brushed the top with sauce and topped with cheese, then heated for the cheese to melt. I have yet to make it look like the picture and I make that declaration prior to fixing it! However, it is so delicious no one cares.

D

DuenFounnyHok

Found it -- I was beginning to think I had a dream about it - LOL. Fall Marketing Guide > Video Gallery.

Sandi

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
I made it last night for my Mystery Host Open House. Looked horrible after I folded the tortillas but after I added the sauce and cheese- it looked like a rather appetizing big blob. Everyone liked it. Cosmos went over well too. 2k in sales so far and 3 bookings.

cincychef

Advanced Member
Jul 18, 2007
I made it last night for my Mystery Host Open House. Looked horrible after I folded the tortillas but after I added the sauce and cheese- it looked like a rather appetizing big blob. Everyone liked it. Cosmos went over well too. 2k in sales so far and 3 bookings.

That is an awesome open house!

cincychef

Advanced Member
Jul 18, 2007
I added an extra tortilla to the bottom, kind of like a flower, mine looked pretty close to the picture :) I also used whole wheat tortillas.

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
People love the idea they could win host benefits. This year I had 3 people win. They could get extra chances for the drawing by bring guests, ordering big, and bringing outside orders. Also the first 13 people to RSVP also get an extra chance slip. So I know within 24 hrs of sending the invite emails- it's a go. Super fun atmosphere with door prizes, food and wine!

quiverfull7

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2006
People love the idea they could win host benefits. This year I had 3 people win. They could get extra chances for the drawing by bring guests, ordering big, and bringing outside orders. Also the first 13 people to RSVP also get an extra chance slip. So I know within 24 hrs of sending the invite emails- it's a go. Super fun atmosphere with door prizes, food and wine!

By any chance would you have an invite/flyer about your open house that you could share? I think I'm going to add one in for November.

Malinda Klein

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2008
yes, please share your flier

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
Will do in a day or 2.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies