• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explore the Amazing Spring Launch: New Website, App & More!

No this is all web based and will not be avaible if you don't have an internet connection. The only way to do offline is though the app. You can use any computer with internet to put your shows through.
I'm also thinking that the mobile hot-spot I had to buy in Dec. to reconfigure my internet connectivity after a break-in is now going to become a business tax deduction! I threw it in the bag and took it to my show today, and it was nice to be able to access the internet when a PHD # didn't come up automatically. This would be a great option for inputting shows on MY laptop!

Bren706 said:
Get on the phone and book a few extra shows :D. I will be using my tax refund.

Love the idea of booking extra shows to get an iPhone, iPad, or Android phone.

I also have to say something to everyone that is being negative about this. Pampered Chef has spent MILLIONS of money to keep us on trend with what every other company is doing. This was a long time coming. They are not making it harder for us to recruit or trying to alienate consultants. In my eyes, this actually makes it easier. Now anyone that doesn't have access to a computer at home can go ANYWHERE that has a computer with internet access to submit a show. At work, at the library, a friends house, or even to use their uplines computer. If you don't have a device for the mobile app or want to ask the host for access to their computer or wireless internet, then you can just calculate orders at the show and then enter the show. Essentially it is the same as now, just going to be much easier and simpler. (After we learn it of course!)

I love this company and am willing to roll with whatever changes they are making, they really do have our best interest in mind!

Ok, off my soapbox now. :)

heather223 said:

I also have to say something to everyone that is being negative about this. Pampered Chef has spent MILLIONS of money to keep us on trend with what every other company is doing. This was a long time coming. They are not making it harder for us to recruit or trying to alienate consultants. In my eyes, this actually makes it easier. Now anyone that doesn't have access to a computer at home can go ANYWHERE that has a computer with internet access to submit a show. At work, at the library, a friends house, or even to use their uplines computer. If you don't have a device for the mobile app or want to ask the host for access to their computer or wireless internet, then you can just calculate orders at the show and then enter the show. Essentially it is the same as now, just going to be much easier and simpler. (After we learn it of course!)

I love this company and am willing to roll with whatever changes they are making, they really do have our best interest in mind!

Ok, off my soapbox now. :)

I agree! I love what I think we are doing (I'm a bit tech challenged). I think this is a GREAT thing for the future of our company. Thank about all those kids out there who DON'T use a computer anymore. Almost everything is on their phones. They are completely comfortable with it all and expect things to be accessible that way!

One thing my director pointed out is that those without computers won't have to worry about installing, uninstalling and reinstalling P3 on other people's computers. They could use the computer at their parent's house, friend's house, library, etc.Although they did mention the host's computer. I don't even ask the host to use their bathroom or for a drink of water (I bring my own), I don't think I could ask them to use their computer. Just me though!

I think it's fabulous!

I'm not sure I understand how this would alienate a lot of consultants. You have to have internet access now to submit shows so that part is still the same. You can still take orders without a computer - LOTS of us do it that way anyway, with order forms and calculators. I couldn't afford a laptop for a long time and I never felt alienated by having to use a calculator and paper order forms. Now if they were to discontinue order forms and FORCE the use of some type of electronic ordering, then I could see how that would alienate consultants.

I for one will be very happy to not have to wait for P3 to load only to have to restart for updates, then go to CC to do things on my website, and so on.

Sk8Mom209 said:
Maybe I'm not understanding the concerns with apple products, but I have no problems with the current website on my iPhone now, so I would assume that both the new app and website will work on apple products. Just my thought.

I'm so glad you said something! I just double checked using my iPod Touch and it looks like our tech guys changed things! I wonder how long it's been this way?! The order products square on the bottom still doesn't show up for me, but at least when I look at products and click on one it does prompt me to enter in a host's name if I want the order to go to a show. That's great! Okay, so maybe things will be okay now!

Aside from all that, I really am looking forward to all this technology HO is implementing. I can't wait to take the courses about it and learn more.

heather223 said:

This is a good, NO GREAT thing for all of us in the long run. It will be easier to use, everything will be in oneplace, no updates to run, and ... it will save us time in the long run. Which means more time for our familys and our life, which is why most of us started our business in the first place. I agree, PC is not going to do ANYTHING to hurt us on purpose.

I did not hear them say that this app would only work on android phones and not android tablets. I heard that there is an adroid app...so I'm thinking it will work on my Kindle Fire, but I guess we will wait and see. It would be awesome if it will work. I do have an Ipod touch...if I can get the screen fixed. But my cell company does not have Iphones.

And I must say I am excited that when we finish inputting the orders, our guest will receive an email receipt!!!!!

I wonder if we can access the website off-line to enter orders when the host does not have wireless access? I really like bringing my laptop and entering orders then and there. I would feel weird asking for their password to their wireless service. This will add an extra step if I need to do paper orders and then enter them when I get home and have access to the internet. Hmm, not sure what to think.

I wouldn't use a host's computer. However, when you host coach you could say something like...

The night of your show we can take orders on our order forms and I can enter them into my computer when I get home...OR...if you have internet access I can enter the orders directly into my computer while I take the orders and your guests will receive their receipt by email and be able to always save their receipts in 1 email folder. I love this cool new feature".

I love the Email receipts too!! Also Still in love with the app.... Everyone remember to email HO to let them now about a credit card reader it work make it soo simple

One other thing, since I'm always worried about what will happen to all this info on my computer if it crashes or if I get a virus - isnt this all online so now we dont have to worry about losing any contact information? Thats a really nice plus!

KelleyD said:
One other thing, since I'm always worried about what will happen to all this info on my computer if it crashes or if I get a virus - isnt this all online so now we dont have to worry about losing any contact information? Thats a really nice plus!
very good point! I would think that your thinking is correct! :)
In the beginning of the year my old lap top just quit working one day, took it to best buy and was told my motherboard would need to be replaced. by the time I spent the money for that, we decided to just buy me a new lap top. but the day before I took it to best buy was when it died, so I was using my thumb drive and trying to load it into my regular computer downstairs which I didn't realize how much of a dinosaur it was, it took FOREVER! lol! never did like pp3! lol! would have been so much nicer to go on line and just have everything there!! :) my hubby is going to fix my other laptop, get another motherboard, but he will be able to copy all my info over from my old one to this one (best buy wanted to charge me $100 to do so, my techi husband can just do so! lol!) He got me this lap top because it's awesome and one of the best out there right now, speed and memory, and also just wanted me to be happy and not have to wait for him to fix it! lol!and then we will have a family laptop, so our kids can do their homework easier..
this was a very good point and takes away a lot of stress! :)

Frankly, this part actually pisses me off. I don't have an iProduct, nor do I have the money to buy one. I don't have an Android based phone, either. I am not planning to upgrade my phone any time soon, and even if I do, I don't know if I will choose one of those options. I'm not going to impose on my host to use her computer to calculate orders. It's back to a calculator for me, then.

I feel the same way!!

KelleyD said:

ChefShalon said:
I love the Email receipts too!! Also Still in love with the app.... Everyone remember to email HO to let them now about a credit card reader it work make it soo simple

Oh yes, two more of my favorites about the new website! No need to back-up and worry about losing contact info, and the e-mail receipts!

I also agree with Heather also. For those that do not have internet access, they can visit the library or use the computer of a friend or family. I'm sure it is so much better than the paper method.

Darsbirds said:
Frankly, this part actually pisses me off. I don't have an iProduct, nor do I have the money to buy one. I don't have an Android based phone, either. I am not planning to upgrade my phone any time soon, and even if I do, I don't know if I will choose one of those options. I'm not going to impose on my host to use her computer to calculate orders. It's back to a calculator for me, then.

I feel the same way!!

My understanding from SL yesterday is. You do not have to purchase an iproduct or droid product to use the new system. You can still do your show with pen and paper and submit at home or if you bring a lap top you can enter the orders at the show.

I app feature just makes it easier for those who have the iphone/pad and droid but does not hinder those who do not. It's business as usual. You should fine doing business your way.

Agreed, I would never ask a host to use her PC ever

Hope this help....

Shawnna said:
I did not hear them say that this app would only work on android phones and not android tablets. I heard that there is an adroid app...so I'm thinking it will work on my Kindle Fire, but I guess we will wait and see. It would be awesome if it will work. I do have an Ipod touch...if I can get the screen fixed. But my cell company does not have Iphones.

I didn't hear anything about not for android tablets, either.

My husband and I were just talking about this, and I suspect for android tablets, it's going to depend a lot more on the particular type/brand/model of android tablet you have, and where we will get the app to install on our device. For example, my 'droid phone can access Google's Market, and I can access controls to install apps from a non-Market source, so I can also get stuff from Amazon's Appstore. My husband's Kindle Fire can't access Google Market directly, but he can email the installation package for any app to his kindle, and install it that way. My Nook Tablet is much more locked down - I can only access the Barnes & Noble store for apps, and can't access any other source for apps - and if I could, access to the dialog to allow installation from other sources is locked down. (um, yeah, we got a lot of tech for the holidays this year!)

Anyway, I suspect that if you have a full-fledged Android-tablet (Galaxy Tab, Evo Tablet, Acer Arcona, Asus Transformer, etc), then you'll be able to use the new app just fine. But, I don't work on the tech support side, so I can't say for sure :) I suspect it will also depend on the specific version of the Android OS that is supported.

I'm happy that there is going to be Android support for those that prefer it - I feel like a significant portion of the market is being ignored when an app is only available for Apple devices. Frankly, all of these devices are putting you in a "walled garden"; you have a choice in which garden you are in, the size, the decorations, etc, but you are locked to that garden.

HO is, I'm sure, aware of ALL of us - including those on dial-up, or no internet access at all - and will have a way for ALL of us to work our business. I mean, here we are on this board - we have computers, and internet access. But what about the Mennonites/Amish who also have a Pampered Chef business? They're not using a computer at all, but I have certainly seen many of them walk as Directors at NC!

Let's give HO time to give us more information :)

SpiritdancerIA said:
I didn't hear anything about not for android tablets, either.

My husband and I were just talking about this, and I suspect for android tablets, it's going to depend a lot more on the particular type/brand/model of android tablet you have, and where we will get the app to install on our device. For example, my 'droid phone can access Google's Market, and I can access controls to install apps from a non-Market source, so I can also get stuff from Amazon's Appstore. My husband's Kindle Fire can't access Google Market directly, but he can email the installation package for any app to his kindle, and install it that way. )

OOOOhhh! How does he do that?! We got my son a Kindle Fire (and my DH shares it with him ;) ) but we didn't know you could do this! He feels so restricted to just the Amazon store stuff. We don't have any other Droid device, though...

SpiritdancerIA said:
But what about the Mennonites/Amish who also have a Pampered Chef business? They're not using a computer at all, but I have certainly seen many of them walk as Directors at NC!

Let's give HO time to give us more information :)

So So So True.

babywings76 said:
OOOOhhh! How does he do that?! We got my son a Kindle Fire (and my DH shares it with him ;) ) but we didn't know you could do this! He feels so restricted to just the Amazon store stuff. We don't have any other Droid device, though...

I'll PM you, as it's a bit more technical than is appropriate on this board :)

I'm seeing a lot of "the glass is half empty" posts here. You shouldn't have to change anything that you are currently doing if you don't want to. They said this can be done on OR offline. So if you currently use a laptop at your shows without internet, you should still be able to do that. And, as always, you'd still need to connect to the internet to send the show through to the HO.Here are a few of the "glass half full" features:
  • When you enter a booking (like you currently do on P3) it creates the show AND puts a blue dot on your calendar so that your upline can see how many shows you have!
  • No more "doing updates"!
  • No more "sync" requirements!
  • You can customize each host's online page with a theme for their show. So the guests can see what you are planning to do ... chocolate ... mexican ... etc.
  • The host can see everything that's going on with her show easily. How many are coming, how many declined & how many have not yet responded.
  • The host can print out her shopping list from her page!
  • When the host does their online guest list, YOU have that information readily available at the show to click on the customer's name and add their order.
  • Once that guest has placed an order, their name is in bold so you know they are done.
  • You can schedule a recruiting interview right there on the check out screen. Which adds it to you calendar.
  • Bookings will be remembered. When you data entry the new host's show, it will REMEMBER who the past host was! The past host will get a box that pops up when she orders to remind her to choose her 60% off item.
  • No more forgetting free items earned by guests! A box will pop up reminding you to select an item for them.
  • If the Host spends the required amount for the Guest Special, you'll get a box on her too!
  • You don't have to look up that Past Host's number! Your system will remember it when you do the new show!
  • Potential bookings can later be switched to an actual booking AND they said it would count for the past host! Being able to count potential bookings rocks!!!
  • You can add other personal things on your calendar too. Have all your family activities AND your show bookings in ONE place!
  • When you submit the show, automatic credit card approval WILL be up & running again!
  • When you submit the show, the host & the guests are e-mailed a receipt!!!
I'm sure there's more, that's just what I'm remembering right now.As for the devices, they said that they did a different ap for the iPad because the screen is bigger ... it means you don't have a lot of extra space. They didn't specifically mention the Android based tablets, so I'm assuming the Android app will work on those too, it will just be identical to the phone app without the revamp to make the larger screen allow more options. So they didn't say it wouldn't work ... they just didn't do a special app designed specifically for it.You'll still be able to take orders on paper & bring that home with you to data entry if that's what you currently do.I didn't have "hot spot" capability on my iPhone in Japan (or at least it wasn't part of my cell package), but I do have that on my Android here in the US. So for those like me who pay a base price, we can always plug in our cell phone at the host's house (assuming we are somewhere that has a cell signal) and access the internet on our laptop if we want. I personally prefer the laptop because I can type 80-90 WPM. A tablet or app will slow me down! LOLSince it can be done OFFLINE, you can meet the host at their house, a coffee house, a fast food establishment, etc. to choose their benefitsI've had a LOT of hosts close their show with me over the phone or through e-mail. You don't have to be in the same room with them to close a show.I think the "new world" is super exciting and I can't wait for it to be implemented. I already signed in online last night to see if the training videos were up yet! LOL (Didn't find them.)If you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're probably right. Your preconceived notions do affect your ability to like/dislike something. If you think you like something or if you think you can do something, you probably right. If you convince yourself that it's a bad thing & that you are not going to like it, you're probably right. Be the "glass half full" person. Life is MUCH more fun that way. :D

Before they came out with a PP3 for MAC I used a spreadsheet that did all of my calculations for me so I could bring my lap top. It did not have to be changed unless the shipping rate changed so I could use it month to month. I do not see an issue if you do not have a wifi, i-product, or Android. And I am sure once these new changes roll out it will be awhile before they discontinue PP3, I mean look how long you were able to use the old software when it came out.

And for those who want an iPad or smart phone ... do a booking blitz! Get more shows on your calendar so that you can use that extra income to get what you want. GET YOUR MORE!!!! ;)

Remember, you can always email HO with any questions, concerns and that such. I don't have the email in front of me right now but if someone else can post it, they are looking for these kind of things so they can send out a FAQ sheet later.

SpiritdancerIA said:
I'll PM you, as it's a bit more technical than is appropriate on this board :)

Could you pm me the info also. We have a kindle fire here.

At our launch, they did mention the android apps and that they did NOT have an app for it. Doreen (I think it was her who said it) mentioned that MAYBE the android phone app would work just not full screen....but she wasnt sure.

I want to clarify that I do think the changes overall are great. All the things Sheila listed are wonderful. I just think that if they're able to make an app for an iProduct or an Android, why can't they make a similar app for a computer, so that the data can be entered offline? I know there are consultants that have dial-up and I know there's even someone on CS that does not have internet access at home, but goes to a coffee shop to submit her shows. That means the time she needs to spend there is now going to be extended, because she has to wait to enter all her information once she gets there.

I thought it was a great announcement! So much more user-friendly. I'm hoping that a NOOK color will work. I've already got that. But sure is a HUGE incentive to upgrade your phones or to get that ipad!

From what I gathered, you enter the info & as soon as you have service it goes through automatically. You don't have to remember to resend.

I just LOVE the idea of the options for our websites & our hosts having their own we can tailor....guests can use their i-products/androids to access. So cool.....

Sheila said:
Here are a few of the "glass half full" features:
  • When you enter a booking (like you currently do on P3) it creates the show AND puts a blue dot on your calendar so that your upline can see how many shows you have!
  • No more "doing updates"!
  • No more "sync" requirements!
  • You can customize each host's online page with a theme for their show. So the guests can see what you are planning to do ... chocolate ... mexican ... etc.
  • The host can see everything that's going on with her show easily. How many are coming, how many declined & how many have not yet responded.
  • The host can print out her shopping list from her page!
  • When the host does their online guest list, YOU have that information readily available at the show to click on the customer's name and add their order.
  • Once that guest has placed an order, their name is in bold so you know they are done.
  • You can schedule a recruiting interview right there on the check out screen. Which adds it to you calendar.
  • Bookings will be remembered. When you data entry the new host's show, it will REMEMBER who the past host was! The past host will get a box that pops up when she orders to remind her to choose her 60% off item.
  • No more forgetting free items earned by guests! A box will pop up reminding you to select an item for them.
  • If the Host spends the required amount for the Guest Special, you'll get a box on her too!
  • You don't have to look up that Past Host's number! Your system will remember it when you do the new show!
  • Potential bookings can later be switched to an actual booking AND they said it would count for the past host! Being able to count potential bookings rocks!!!
  • You can add other personal things on your calendar too. Have all your family activities AND your show bookings in ONE place!
  • When you submit the show, automatic credit card approval WILL be up & running again!
  • When you submit the show, the host & the guests are e-mailed a receipt!!!

Well said Sheila!! This new website/app bring so many possibilities I have been absolutely gitty ever since learning the news. There are still many questions but I am confident that with the amount of time, money and collaboration with Pampered Chef consultants that was spent on this that it's really going to be a good thing!

I am curious, with the ability to add personal events to our calendar, can we color code different categories, that would be helpful.
I currently use the database program Bento to track my leads and customers mainly because of the note taking and sorting features not offered by P3. It looks like this new system may have all these as well. I wonder if we/our hosts will be able to sync or upload from Outlook?

I, too, this the upcoming changes will be FABULOUS! Just imagine, YOUR GUESTS can use their OWN PHONES to place orders at YOUR SHOW! That's sooo cool!

I also like the idea of being able to access the site on ANY computer. My old laptop (the one I drag to shows) is dying but yet I had to depend on it for P3. Now I can use any of the computers in my house like my new desk top. I think it's a plus.... I can do business on vacation...away from my home with no problems.

My hubby who is a computer tech said that if you can get the app for your android phone you will be able to get it for your android tablet. Its all the same marketplace to download the app

Pampered Chef is not going to give us something that not everyone can have access to in one form or another. For those of you who didn't go to SL or those of you who don't know everything about it, quit speculating on what may or may not be. Wait until you see it for yourself before you start poo-pooing it. It's way cool and everyone will benefit from it.

My hubby who is a computer tech said that the android phone and the android tablets use the same marketplace so if it is available for the android phone you will be able to get it on your tablet as well.

NooraK said:
I want to clarify that I do think the changes overall are great. All the things Sheila listed are wonderful. I just think that if they're able to make an app for an iProduct or an Android, why can't they make a similar app for a computer, so that the data can be entered offline? I know there are consultants that have dial-up and I know there's even someone on CS that does not have internet access at home, but goes to a coffee shop to submit her shows. That means the time she needs to spend there is now going to be extended, because she has to wait to enter all her information once she gets there.

Noora, they said this new system CAN BE USED OFFLINE.

Sheila said:

The way I read it in CN is that the app can be used offline, and the app is only for iProducts and Androids.

I do plan to send a suggestion/question to Tech Support.

The Amish ladies I met & spoke to at NC last year would submit all their orders for the month using their director's computer. So I imagine, it will be the same for them.As for me - I went out and bought an iPad 2 days after attending Spring Launch! I used my tax refund and I can't wait to use it at my shows!!!

ok, hadn't thought of just asking the customers to pull out their phones and ordering at the show!!

Teresa Lynn said:
ok, hadn't thought of just asking the customers to pull out their phones and ordering at the show!!

Hadn't thought of that, but then you'd lose the chance to talk to them one on one about hosting or joining your team.

kristina16marie said:
The Amish ladies I met & spoke to at NC last year would submit all their orders for the month using their director's computer. So I imagine, it will be the same for them.

As for me - I went out and bought an iPad 2 days after attending Spring Launch! I used my tax refund and I can't wait to use it at my shows!!!

Yup, I put in an early birthday present request to my husband the minute I walked in the door!! Very excited for this.

Sheila said:

Only the "app" can be used offline -- so if you don't have that you can't put in your guest orders offline. A very sad development in the new technology.

For the people that don't have an iPad or iPhone ect ,you don't need to the new web-sit is going to be amazing anyway just because you can have so many new features .
If you do have an iPhone , iPad ect that will just let you be able to do your work anywhere I have an iPad so I can close parties on vacation if I have to but I don't plan on bring it to shows cause I want to be able to give a receipt to guests ect and I don't close my parties that night anyway .

Teresa Lynn said:

pamperedlinda said:
Hadn't thought of that, but then you'd lose the chance to talk to them one on one about hosting or joining your team.

Ladies-

I spoke with one of the ladies that helped develop the "app" you will not be able to just go the "app" store and download it. It will be exclusive to consultants only and not be available for customers.

I also think there is some confusion with how people use the "app" and the new website. The new website, with the "P3" application and the "app" are 2 different things. Basically, if you don't have the iphone, ipad, ipod touch, or droid, you don't have to purchase it to run your business. Likewise, now that the website will have "p3" you do not have to carry your laptop, if you don't want. Simply ask your host to "borrow" thier computer at the show, or if you don't want to deal with any of the "tech" stuff, use the paper order forms.

Personally, I have been using the paper order forms for over a year and when the customer is ready to check out, I enter their order from the paper order form.

Too many people are afraid of change and we don't even have these options yet! Please wait until you get them before you start to freak out! :eek:

The Pampered Chef has spent millions of dollars to give us this incredible new website and "app". They are don't going to give us something that is going to decrease our business, they want us to expand and grow. Give it a chance!

Just my 2 cents.

ChefGwendolyn said:
Ladies-

I spoke with one of the ladies that helped develop the "app" you will not be able to just go the "app" store and download it. It will be exclusive to consultants only and not be available for customers.

That's too bad. It would be nice if it was an app customers could use too. I still have no plans of buying any kind of i-anthing or smart phone so this won't change the way I do things. I was thinking and hoping the "app" would be another way for customers to also access our websites and shop easier.

ChefGwendolyn said:
Ladies-

I also think there is some confusion with how people use the "app" and the new website. The new website, with the "P3" application and the "app" are 2 different things. Basically, if you don't have the iphone, ipad, ipod touch, or droid, you don't have to purchase it to run your business. Likewise, now that the website will have "p3" you do not have to carry your laptop, if you don't want. Simply ask your host to "borrow" thier computer at the show, or if you don't want to deal with any of the "tech" stuff, use the paper order forms.

Personally, I have been using the paper order forms for over a year and when the customer is ready to check out, I enter their order from the paper order form.

Too many people are afraid of change and we don't even have these options yet! Please wait until you get them before you start to freak out! :eek:

The Pampered Chef has spent millions of dollars to give us this incredible new website and "app". They are don't going to give us something that is going to decrease our business, they want us to expand and grow. Give it a chance!

Just my 2 cents.

Key point for anything in life!

It is my understanding that even after the initial release there will still be some changing as they work out "bugs" and get feedback. I was thinking that it will be a work in progress for awhile...they aren't getting rid of P3 until next year. So, if we send our questions and suggestions and our needs to them it will help in that process.

I will be honest and say that I am not a big fan of Apple products. It drives me crazy that everytime I plug my Ipod into a computer it syncs everything...I always loose stuff and have to go back and reload music. Maybe its just because I am not tech savvy.

I do have an adroid phone and a Kindle Fire which uses the android technology. I'm hoping to be able to use those until I can afford an Ipad...which I have been wanting even though I'm not crazy about Apple. The Kindle Fire uses the android marketplace just like my phone, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work.

But, the main thing is...DON'T STRESS OUT!! I have been with The Pampered Chef for over 11 years. When I started I did not have internet access. My first few shows were submitted on paper...then I was able to submit thru my phone line without internet...when our little middle of nowhere town was able to get internet I was so excited...but it was dial-up and still easier to submit thru the phone line. I have only had dsl type internet for the past 2 years. Changes have come and I have fumbled thru them all. If I can do it, anyone can.

Where I am, if you DON'T use paper order forms and give them a receipt right then they get upset. So I've always used paper order forms and probably always will so as long as they don't do away with those I'll be okay :D
I do work out of P3 a LOT but will see what happens with the new technology....

Shawnna said:
It is my understanding that even after the initial release there will still be some changing as they work out "bugs" and get feedback. I was thinking that it will be a work in progress for awhile...they aren't getting rid of P3 until next year. So, if we send our questions and suggestions and our needs to them it will help in that process.

I will be honest and say that I am not a big fan of Apple products. It drives me crazy that everytime I plug my Ipod into a computer it syncs everything...I always loose stuff and have to go back and reload music. Maybe its just because I am not tech savvy.

I do have an adroid phone and a Kindle Fire which uses the android technology. I'm hoping to be able to use those until I can afford an Ipad...which I have been wanting even though I'm not crazy about Apple. The Kindle Fire uses the android marketplace just like my phone, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work.

But, the main thing is...DON'T STRESS OUT!! I have been with The Pampered Chef for over 11 years. When I started I did not have internet access. My first few shows were submitted on paper...then I was able to submit thru my phone line without internet...when our little middle of nowhere town was able to get internet I was so excited...but it was dial-up and still easier to submit thru the phone line. I have only had dsl type internet for the past 2 years. Changes have come and I have fumbled thru them all. If I can do it, anyone can.
There is a setting that you can select that won't sync when you plug it in. Don't ask me where it is but I know there is one!

chefjeanine said:
Only the "app" can be used offline -- so if you don't have that you can't put in your guest orders offline. A very sad development in the new technology.

Holding out hope! LOL I thought they said at our Arlington SL that the laptops could be used offline at a show. And one of the girls who was on the panel is saying she thinks we can use the laptops offline too. Hopefully the Q&A sheet and/or training videos will be up soon to answer all our questions & clarify what we can & can't do. :D

Sheila said:
Holding out hope! LOL I thought they said at our Arlington SL that the laptops could be used offline at a show. And one of the girls who was on the panel is saying she thinks we can use the laptops offline too. Hopefully the Q&A sheet and/or training videos will be up soon to answer all our questions & clarify what we can & can't do. :D

But it's web-based...

KelleyD said:

This is the first thing I thought of..I beleive this is true!!!
a few years back, I lost over 6 years of my business when my computer crashed..although we thought PP3 was backed up properly and all, somehow it was all lost...John, from tech support worked endlessly with me for months to try and retrieve and figure it all out, to no avail!!! It still makes me sick to think I lost all that...I was about to quit PC I was so lost!!! but I trudged on! Now I back it up on a virtual harddrive through my internet provider as well as an external harddrive....
This new program should take care of all of this..whohooooo

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Aylaisabeau
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • byrd1956