• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explore the Amazing Spring Launch: New Website, App & More!

No this is all web based and will not be avaible if you don't have an internet connection. The only way to do offline is though the app. You can use any computer with internet to put your shows through.
You'd be fine with whatever size iPad is available I think. I'm thinking that it will just be running the app, but not maintaining the data, so you won't be overloading your phone/pad/tablet with too much data.

minirottie said:
You'd be fine with whatever size iPad is available I think. I'm thinking that it will just be running the app, but not maintaining the data, so you won't be overloading your phone/pad/tablet with too much data.

That's what is so awesome about the new websites/app! We no longer have to worry about data size! Or updates, or downloading new info....it's going to be SOOO easy!

Well now I'm just mad...lol I went to order the Ipad 2...had plenty of points to do it but the shipping used so many points that I was 2200 points short. The shipping was outrageous.

Oh well, I will just let them keep building up and get it later. Really can't complain about free. Until then I will use my Ipod touch or hopefully my Kindle Fire. Still excited about the new changes.

Shawnna said:
Well now I'm just mad...lol I went to order the Ipad 2...had plenty of points to do it but the shipping used so many points that I was 2200 points short. The shipping was outrageous.

Oh well, I will just let them keep building up and get it later. Really can't complain about free. Until then I will use my Ipod touch or hopefully my Kindle Fire. Still excited about the new changes.

well, at least it's not out yet....we may still have a couple of months to wait before we get to touch the app. maybe by then you'll have the points you need.

iPad 3's are rumored to come out soon (March?) so iPad 2 prices should go down. It would mean my hubby will get one and I'll get his iPad2 and not need my first gen. iPad. Can't wait to have one with a camera for skyping at our meetings better so I don't have to hold up my iPhone the whole time...

ChefShalon said:
WAHOOO spring launch was amazing!!! NEW website!! No more PP3! New APP!!
What do you think of all these changes? How will it effect your business?

Personally I am in love with the APP. It looks so easy to use! And it works when its off line. I love that it will sync with the website.

The new website I was in love with the design, ease of use, fact everythings in one place, and how easy it will be for hosts and customers! I am alittle disappointed at the fact it is all web based so the only way we go do things in areas without interenet is though the app.

Also everyone email PC with a suggestion on the new app. A CREDIT CARD READER!!! I mean they allready have them so they shoud be able to work with the app!

I must admit that the new website and new App were the highlights!!! :D

I also immediately tbough the mobile app needs a card reader! I asked the HO rep about it and she said that they hadn't thought about one, but agreed it is a great idea. No chance for entering the card in wrong.

A card reader would immediately charge the card...I think. Wouldn't that mess with our submission? I have been wondering why everyone has suggested a card reader when PC takes care of all the cc processing. hhhmmm...now I'm wondering how that would work.

Shawnna, some of the consultants already run the card & have the money go to their personal account, then they pay PC just like the customer paid cash/check. There is a small fee, I understand, but it alleviates having a show held up for declined cards because they know instantly on the spot if it goes through or not ~ before they hand the card back to the customer! I can see how it would make things easier in the long run, if you are willing to pay the fee to not have the hassle down the road. I haven't had enough declined cards yet to really make it worth my time/effort. I'm happy with the PC way. But if PC came out with a way for the customer to pay on the spot (and be charged) and not mess up their records, it might be nice. Of course, it would mean a 2nd charge if they decided to add to their order before the show closed ... and not sure how it would be handled on the rare occasion that they come back to remove or cancel their order on a show ... I'm sure that would be an added headache! LOL

Shawnna said:
A card reader would immediately charge the card...I think. Wouldn't that mess with our submission? I have been wondering why everyone has suggested a card reader when PC takes care of all the cc processing. hhhmmm...now I'm wondering how that would work.

The card reader would just read the card and insert the information for you. It would not charge them right then if your program is not programed to do so.

Sheila I don't use my card reader for that I use it at booths for cash and carry.

If they would add support of a credit card reader all it would do is insert the infor from the card into the app instead of us keying it in. It would be charge with all the rest once show is entered.

I have to admit I too am excited about the new app and website, all the business syncing together! ME!! The most UN-techy PC consultant on the planet. Now, mind you, when they first anounced it, before they showed the video demo, I felt my blood pressure rise and got incredibly stressed. But, then I saw the video and thought, "Wow, even I could learn how to use that!"

Way to go PC! You even sold ME!:thumbup:

I was just thinking about this last night as I was entering some expenses in P3.... is the new Web going to have an expense tracker I wonder?

I like the way P3 keeps track of my expense "shtuff"... took me almost 2 years to finally get it situated the way I like it. I'm sure I could just keep p3 and use it to keep track of my expenses, but maybe there is a better option out there... other than excel. I love excel, and can navigate it fairly well, but I don't want to use it to keep track of expense reports. :(

I'm betting it will. They are forging forward into new territory. I highly doubt they would take a step back in that aspect. I'm hoping we'll have task reminders pop up when we sign into Consultant's Corner! I'm good about signing in to Consultant's Corner & Consultant's Connection every day to check on the team, but I'm awful about signing into P3 unless I need to for a show order or something. I've never used the tasks there like they are intended to be used & would LOVE to get better about having tasks set & actually doing them! LOL

Shawnna said:

Just as some have mentioned, the Card Reader would be a small little accessory that would plug into the headphone jack of your iPhone, Android phone or iPad. It's only purpose would be to enter the card's information into the Pampered Chef Mobile App once your in the CC entry screen.

The purpose of this would to eliminate human error or in my case Fat Finger errors! It would also just make the check out process that much quicker and more accurate. Who wouldn't want that when you're at a show and have a line of people waiting to put in their orders.

The CC reader could also have the PC logos all over it, which is nice for additional visual advertising. Also, the reader SHOULD be free! The one I got from GoPayment or from Square is free, so they can't be too expensive to make.

The only downside is from what I understood at launch, you have to have an active website to have access to the mobile app. Did anyone else catch that note too?

When I heard them say at Spring Launch that we could use a host computer....I didn't take it like we had to, only that it might be helpful for some consultants. I am super excited about the app and website. Can't wait for them to get all the bugs worked out!

You're right. You don't have to use the Host's computer. You can if you'd like. The idea is that you don't have to lug around your laptop to cooking shows, especially if the Host has a laptop handy, or you have the mobile app.

Welcome Pampered Chef to the 21st Century!!!

This is pure torture. They tell us what is "in the box", but we can't open it up yet! I would be happy just having the videos to start learning! ;)For now, I'll work on updating my contacts in PWS. UGGH.. About as excited about THAT step as ripping off a bandaid!

I so agree! Let's get this party started already! It's making me nuts!

Ok, maybe I'm the last one to know this, but I realized that finding duplicates in my contacts wasn't too hard. First- sync with your PWS
Then go to Tools ->Clean up duplicate contacts -> Manual.On the Manual screen, I selected each of the 4 options individually and ran the search. Each time, it was pulling up different things. For each name it finds, you can select the ones you want to compare, and then it gives a screen showing the duplicate listings and a "merged" listing with all of the info into ONE contact. You look over it to make sure it's accurate, etc, and click Finish.Sometimes it pulls up "duplicates" in some categories that are just maybe same last name, etc. But for me, I was able to clean up about 10 names that had multiple entries- each different from each other (some with address, some without, etc).So that part is done, but I still want to clean up more. Just thought I'd share what I discovered about the duplicates step.

esavvymom said:
Ok, maybe I'm the last one to know this, but I realized that finding duplicates in my contacts wasn't too hard.

First- sync with your PWS
Then go to Tools ->Clean up duplicate contacts -> Manual.

On the Manual screen, I selected each of the 4 options individually and ran the search. Each time, it was pulling up different things. For each name it finds, you can select the ones you want to compare, and then it gives a screen showing the duplicate listings and a "merged" listing with all of the info into ONE contact. You look over it to make sure it's accurate, etc, and click Finish.

Sometimes it pulls up "duplicates" in some categories that are just maybe same last name, etc. But for me, I was able to clean up about 10 names that had multiple entries- each different from each other (some with address, some without, etc).

So that part is done, but I still want to clean up more. Just thought I'd share what I discovered about the duplicates step.

Yep, it's pretty cool and nice & helpful. It didn't take me too long to go through mine the other day. The pain in the butt thing I need to do now though is open up my Mailchimp account and compare each person and make sure I have them in P3. Sometimes when I made an "out and about" contact, I'd come home and put them in Mailchimp, but I think there's several that I forgot to put in P3. I'm also seeing several in P3 that aren't in Mailchimp. So now I'm wondering if I missed putting them in however long ago I met them, or do I not add them because maybe they were people who didn't want it or ask to be added. Hmmmm, I don't know. I don't want to get a bunch of nasty e-mails, but it also might be nice if they turned out to be people who are glad to get the newsletter.

On a side note...I'm going ahead and trying out the PC newsletter. I figure I'm going to simply and streamline my business. I hope I don't regret switching. ;) :D

A friend just posted this on FB:Hey friends that like and order Mary Kay - there is a free app for the IPhone and iPad with the catalog.I guess this will be HO's next big tech move. I don't order MK or know what technology they have for their consultants.

<h2>What do you think of all these changes?</h2><p>Personally, I am very excited about all the changes that have been made in the Spring Launch. The new website and app make it easier for both consultants and customers to navigate and access all the information they need.</p><h2>How will it affect your business?</h2><p>These changes are definitely going to have a positive impact on my business. The new app, in particular, will make it easier for me to manage my business on-the-go and provide a better experience for my customers.</p><h2>What are your thoughts on the new app?</h2><p>I absolutely love the new app! It is user-friendly and the fact that it works offline is a major plus. The sync feature with the website will also make managing my business more efficient.</p><h2>What do you like about the new website?</h2><p>I am in love with the design and layout of the new website. It is so easy to navigate and everything is conveniently located in one place. It will make things much easier for both hosts and customers.</p><h2>Is there anything you are disappointed about with the new website?</h2><p>While I am very happy with the new website overall, I am a little disappointed that it is only accessible through the web. It would be nice to have an offline option for areas without internet access.</p><h2>Do you have any suggestions for the new app?</h2><p>Yes, I would love to see a credit card reader feature added to the app. I think it would make the ordering process even more convenient for both consultants and customers. I have already emailed Pampered Chef with this suggestion.</p>

What do you think of all these changes?

Personally, I am very excited about all the changes that have been made in the Spring Launch. The new website and app make it easier for both consultants and customers to navigate and access all the information they need.

How will it affect your business?

These changes are definitely going to have a positive impact on my business. The new app, in particular, will make it easier for me to manage my business on-the-go and provide a better experience for my customers.

What are your thoughts on the new app?

I absolutely love the new app! It is user-friendly and the fact that it works offline is a major plus. The sync feature with the website will also make managing my business more efficient.

What do you like about the new website?

I am in love with the design and layout of the new website. It is so easy to navigate and everything is conveniently located in one place. It will make things much easier for both hosts and customers.

Is there anything you are disappointed about with the new website?

While I am very happy with the new website overall, I am a little disappointed that it is only accessible through the web. It would be nice to have an offline option for areas without internet access.

Do you have any suggestions for the new app?

Yes, I would love to see a credit card reader feature added to the app. I think it would make the ordering process even more convenient for both consultants and customers. I have already emailed Pampered Chef with this suggestion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Aylaisabeau
  • Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • byrd1956