• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explore the Amazing Spring Launch: New Website, App & More!

No this is all web based and will not be avaible if you don't have an internet connection. The only way to do offline is though the app. You can use any computer with internet to put your shows through.
ChefShalon
Gold Member
WAHOOO spring launch was amazing!!! NEW website!! No more PP3! New APP!!
What do you think of all these changes? How will it effect your business?

Personally I am in love with the APP. It looks so easy to use! And it works when its off line. I love that it will sync with the website.

The new website I was in love with the design, ease of use, fact everythings in one place, and how easy it will be for hosts and customers! I am alittle disappointed at the fact it is all web based so the only way we go do things in areas without interenet is though the app.

Also everyone email PC with a suggestion on the new app. A CREDIT CARD READER!!! I mean they allready have them so they shoud be able to work with the app!

App for what device?

Did they say when it is supposed to "go live"?

iPhone/iPad.. I would love to know when they will have it available, too!

App is to work for Iphone, Ipad, Android. They did say at launch that since they have moved to this they will be updating it as tech changes.
Training for the web and app are coming this month!! It will be going live this spring! More announcements on that to come this month.

Thanks for the information!

Also if you can't wait to see what all this looks like go to CC and in the consultant news click on the Jan. one then chang jan to feb in the URL. I am sure they will have a video up on CC once they put it all up.

Question - Is there an offline option if you don't have an iProduct or an Android phone? If I take my laptop to a show, can I enter orders if I don't have an internet connection?

i put feb in the url it said page not found can you copy the correct link here?

Did they say how long they were going to keep P3 around? Will P3 completely go away?

I have always found P3 cumbersome so I am VERY excited to everything online. But, yes, wondering about those who do not have an internet connection.

No this is all web based and will not be avaible if you don't have an internet connection.
The only way to do offline is though the app. You can use any computer with internet to put your shows through.
That is why I said I was a little disappointed.
I would expect P3 to go when they do the change over but we don't know yet.

WOW the stuff is great!!! Where should we expect to see the entire new line of products?

ChefShalon said:
No this is all web based and will not be avaible if you don't have an internet connection.
The only way to do offline is though the app. You can use any computer with internet to put your shows through.
That is why I said I was a little disappointed.
I would expect P3 to go when they do the change over but we don't know yet.

Frankly, this part actually pisses me off. I don't have an iProduct, nor do I have the money to buy one. I don't have an Android based phone, either. I am not planning to upgrade my phone any time soon, and even if I do, I don't know if I will choose one of those options. I'm not going to impose on my host to use her computer to calculate orders. It's back to a calculator for me, then.

Most of my hosts don't have wireless internet, and I'm not going to ask to use their personal computers! While I do have an android based phones, it's going to take a lot longer to enter calculations on my phone than it did to do so on P3. But, I know it will also be nice to have everything in one place.

A few consultants in my cluster had bought a netbook and was using P3 at shows to calculate and enter orders. I am guessing this is not an option for them unless the host allows them to connect into their wireless. I feel bad for them.

Also, my Director mentioned that PC said at the Launches we should ask hosts to use their computers! Really??? I wouldn't let anyone come here and use mine - so I would never ask a host to allow me.

Also, what if a host has her computer in her "office" area and all her bills/financial info is sitting around? Or what if the computer is not even in a room the host would want you and/or her guest in? But, maybe they are assuming everyone has a laptop now.

NooraK said:
Frankly, this part actually pisses me off. I don't have an iProduct, nor do I have the money to buy one. I don't have an Android based phone, either. I am not planning to upgrade my phone any time soon, and even if I do, I don't know if I will choose one of those options. I'm not going to impose on my host to use her computer to calculate orders. It's back to a calculator for me, then.
From what they told us- which really was limited in terms of the questions being fired away, but you don't HAVE to have any of those devices. You can still use your laptop, or ANY COMPUTER on the internet. And at one point, and this will be big for ME, they did say something about doing it ONLINE or OFFLINE. So from that, I would say you can still use whatever you use now. It just interfaces differently.We'll see.No launch date given- just Spring 2012. They'll have online courses on CC soon - 6 of them supposedly. They have a contact email for questions (which I don't have in front of me- but I"d say watch the courses, and read the FAQ and THEN barrage with questions. ;). )the Feb CN is available online (backdoor at hte moment):
https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/feb12_cn.pdfBut I agree. I am not going to use my host's computer. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me...that's rude IMHO. And I was concerned about the internet connectivity on my computer...I don't want to pay for that right now for roaming. But like I said, they didn't focus on the DETAILS- just the big picture, and there was mention of doing a show/orders OFFLINE, and then you sync up when you ARE on line.

My guess is that when you can't use these tools at a party, you just do it with order forms and calculators like normal and then input them on the website later. Not as fun, for sure, but still a way to do it.This was the thing that I liked about P3, that we can use it with or without an internet connection. I've heard stories of other companies having issues w/ their websites when consultants were all going on and doing things at the same time and crashing their sites. So I'm hoping PC learned all about the negatives and found ways to address those issues. I hope we won't be super frustrated.The idea of it is really cool though, and I'm really excited. The other tool that you can use is an iPod touch. I'm wondering if a Kindle Fire would work since it's Android based. Not sure though because with the Kindle Fire you have to buy the apps that are provided through Amazon, not the regular Android store place that phone users have access to.

esavvymom said:
there was mention of doing a show/orders OFFLINE, and then you sync up when you ARE on line.

The mention was for the APP. I am telling you the Website is all web based and will not be able to access it with out internet. It even says that in the CN "It’s all Web-based • You can run your business from any computer with Internet access.
• E xecutive Director Lydia Martin says, “Being able to access and input Show
information from any computer will give us so much flexibility. Just think —
we can even enter customer orders using the host’s computer!”"

In the App section: "Mobile app for your
business on the go
• It’s super easy to enter orders at
Shows, whether you’re online
or offline."

ChefShalon said:
The mention was for the APP. I am telling you the Website is all web based and will not be able to access it with out internet. It even says that in the CN "It’s all Web-based • You can run your business from any computer with Internet access.
• E xecutive Director Lydia Martin says, “Being able to access and input Show
information from any computer will give us so much flexibility. Just think —
we can even enter customer orders using the host’s computer!”"In the App section: "Mobile app for your
business on the go
• It’s super easy to enter orders at
Shows, whether you’re online
or offline."
THAT is going to suck then, not to mention alienate ALOT of consultants! I'm sorry- not using my hosts computer. I don't need someone's poor computer or internet security to get CC numbers compromised or whatever..plus- location of most peoples computers- in their bedrooms! (at least where I do shows)....certainly not convenient.But I will wait and see before I get all bothered. For me, if it works offline with my ipad app, I'm good. But I will take up the batton if it affects others negatively- because that's not fair otherwise. Not everyone can afford those devices, nor should they require them. Plus- that would look bad for recruiting. We'll see though. :D I'm optimistic that they did consider this fact.

Remember too, many phones have online access where you could tether to a "pad" if you don't have internet access at a location. I have been considering a smart phone for a while but have been a bit scared of the technology. This will jump me into the new world. LOL I have also been considering an e-reader. Right now I am considering the Nook Tablet with the extra money I made last month.Oh, and they said that P3 would probably be kept through 2012.

Last edited:
esavvymom said:
From what they told us- which really was limited in terms of the questions being fired away

I think they should have just talked about the new website and app the whole time instead of having about 3 hours of show tips lol

I heard from an NED the roll out will start in mid-March from the top down. All consultants should have the new website and app by mid-April. I'm super excited. My laptop crashed 3 years ago and I opted for a HP Touchsmart desktop. I really miss the ability to enter orders at shows so I can't wait for the new app a d website. I have never asked a host to use their computer but have been to several other dsa show recently and hosted a Scentsy show of my own and all consultants at this shows used the hosts laptop/computer (all in kitchen family room area). So although not ideal, it seems hosts are used to this request.

darlinclem said:
Remember too, many phones have online access where you could tether to a "pad" if you don't have internet access at a location. I have been considering a smart phone for a while but have been a bit scared of the technology. This will jump me into the new world. LOL I have also been considering an e-reader. Right now I am considering the Nook Tablet with the extra money I made last month.

Oh, and they said that P3 would probably be kept through 2012.

Just so everyone knows, the ONLY Tablets the new system works with are the iPads. The app will work on iPhone & Android based phones too, but not any Android based tablets. They did make a point of stating that. They may roll something out in the future, but you know how that can go.

I am hoping they would keep P3 around for awhile- to work out the bugs. Hoping there are none, but I worked in the tech-sector for almost 15 years...there is no such thing as a smooth rollout! :) At least not to the Tech Guys! ;) I just hope it doesn't impact us (I also learned to be "pessimistic" about the stuff until it was complete, because EVERY TIME I was optimistic about my on-call week, I got SLAMMED with all-nighters and disasters. :D Those of you in the industry, YOU know what i mean. ;).)

esavvymom said:
Just so everyone knows, the ONLY Tablets the new system works with are the iPads. The app will work on iPhone & Android based phones too, but not any Android based tablets. They did make a point of stating that. They may roll something out in the future, but you know how that can go.

I am hoping they would keep P3 around for awhile- to work out the bugs. Hoping there are none, but I worked in the tech-sector for almost 15 years...there is no such thing as a smooth rollout! :) At least not to the Tech Guys! ;) I just hope it doesn't impact us (I also learned to be "pessimistic" about the stuff until it was complete, because EVERY TIME I was optimistic about my on-call week, I got SLAMMED with all-nighters and disasters. :D Those of you in the industry, YOU know what i mean. ;).)

I'm sorry but you don't look old enough to have worked in the tech sector for 15 years. lol

I believe that our SL in Charlotte she said that it may be possible to use the android app on their tablets. She pointed out that an iPhone app appears small on the iPad but is still usable on it and she thought the droid might be the same. ...now she did should like she was thinking out loud so we don't know.

So does this mean ALL consultants will have a website? Will we still have to pay monthly for it?!

KristinaD said:
So does this mean ALL consultants will have a website? Will we still have to pay monthly for it?!

You still have to pay for it, but it is free to new consultants in their first 90 days.

But you don't have to have a PWS to use the new website. That's just one part of it.....at least how I understood it. But if you do have a PWS, it's so much nicer of an interface!

I have an IPad and am super excited about it because I can now be mobile and not have to try and figure stuff out at work or on the go.. I also won't have to take my laptop with me on work trips so I can do PC work on P3.. However, that being said, it was my understanding that they are going to have something for those that don't have those tools. I have complete confidence in HO that they are not going to alienate consultants in the name of progress.

The shows will be done on the PC website. There still will be a charge for the PWS.

BethCooks4U said:
:blushing:

I believe that our SL in Charlotte she said that it may be possible to use the android app on their tablets. She pointed out that an iPhone app appears small on the iPad but is still usable on it and she thought the droid might be the same. ...now she did should like she was thinking out loud so we don't know.

Thanks! You'd be surprised. :) I started young....back when one of the guys I worked with carried one of those big boxxy cell phones they showed on the screen! I used to have that flip-motorola that was grey and the pull-up antenna!

I forgot someone did say that about the androids. So many questions still remain- even for those of us who were there and sat through the video/talk.

Can I just add...it is SO NICE to be able to "talk" about it with others now!! I know it's been killing others to wait to hear, but tough to keep quiet too! ;)

I know and I have soo many question I think I might need to wait until they come out with the training.

Another question I have is will we able to use the websites on mobile devices? Because right now certain things on them don't work because they require Flash Player. I just would like to be able to access everything on it so that when I get an iPad, I can use it for everything and not have to switch to a computer.

not so sure this is such good news for those of us that don't live in big cities.....but i will wait to see how it affects me before deciding what i should do....although it looks like i'll be using a calculator a lot more :(

Amanda apple products don't support flash products (99% sure on that) so the new app won't utilize it.

So, now I can get an Ipad and use it as a tax write off????? hmmm

I am really excited about it. I have an android phone right now, but need to upgrade anyhow because the screen is cracked (I've dropped it a number of times). I would love to get an IPhone. Besides all the major benefits that have been discussed, I am really happy that I will be able to pull up my contacts on the phone (as well as the reports by order history, etc.) on the go. I am aweful at having a list of contacts prepared for making calls, and now I won't have to worry about that.

Think of it - no more backing up, no more losing data, no more updates! I will of course be looking to invest in an Ipad. I really wanted one last summer but opted for a Nook for my birthday since I had just been laid off. Of course they would come out with something like this :) Always happens to me. Just like I bought the Nook Color right before they came out with the Nook Tablet!

cookingwithdawn said:
So, now I can get an Ipad and use it as a tax write off????? hmmm

You sure can!!!!

yes you can write it off on your taxes BUT you have to be able to afford one first :(

carlajanes said:
yes you can write it off on your taxes BUT you have to be able to afford one first :(

Get on the phone and book a few extra shows :D. I will be using my tax refund.

Here's a thought. If you have a PWS, GUESTS at your shows can use THEIR smartphones to access your PWS and submit their orders!

So p3 will be obsolete ? only way to do a show is to log in at our website & input the orders? are guests being charged as soon as their order is in? the show has to close the time of the show? I noticed no one mentioned ipad 2, so I am thinking my old original ipad will work?

byrd1956 said:
So p3 will be obsolete ? only way to do a show is to log in at our website & input the orders? are guests being charged as soon as their order is in? the show has to close the time of the show? I noticed no one mentioned ipad 2, so I am thinking my old original ipad will work?

P3 will be come obsolete but it will be around for a little while - while they work out the bugs as they start releasing the new system. Yes, you will have to go online and input orders. Guests won't be charged until the show submits, you still submit the show when you are all done. Either Ipad should work.

esavvymom said:
Presumably the APP will only work on an iPad, but any Tablet with an internet browser will be able to access the online system!As a Mac user who was painfully running Pampered Partner (in Canada) off a virtual Windows product, this is incredibly exciting. I honestly wouldn't have become a consultant if I had known the software wasn't supported on a Mac!

esavvymom said:

YIKES! I did not hear this part! I was under the assumption that it would work on android tablets. UGH!

lkhartmann said:
Amanda apple products don't support flash products (99% sure on that) so the new app won't utilize it.

Yep, I understand that. ;) What I'm referring to is that in addition to this app, we will have this new website to use to input our shows and everything...will that be a website that we can view on a device that doesn't have Flash Player (the Apple products)? The way I'm guessing is that we will still use regular computers to do all the stuff on the website. Then when we do shows, that's when we can either use the website or the app for the ordering. The reason why I ask is that I'd love it if it wasn't a flash player formulated website so that I can do EVERYTHING on an iPad and not have to also use a computer. KWIM? :)

lt1jane said:
Here's a thought. If you have a PWS, GUESTS at your shows can use THEIR smartphones to access your PWS and submit their orders!

This is another question I have. Will the websites use flash player or not--if it does, then people may not be able to do this. Right now anyway, people on an Apple product aren't able to access the online ordering where you select your host and order through a show. I'm hoping that what you say is true, but I don't remember them specifically saying that the website could be accessed from a mobile device--just that we'll have the cool website and we'll have the consultant app for the mobile devices.

Send your questions in to HO. They will provide answers to the FAQ. And will address our concerns. Also, as time progresses they will make it look and work how we want it if able. So ask away! They want to hear us.

...not saying you shouldn't ask here. Please do. It will help all of us realize what the possibilities are.

Maybe I'm not understanding the concerns with apple products, but I have no problems with the current website on my iPhone now, so I would assume that both the new app and website will work on apple products. Just my thought.

<h2>What do you think of all these changes?</h2><p>Personally, I am very excited about all the changes that have been made in the Spring Launch. The new website and app make it easier for both consultants and customers to navigate and access all the information they need.</p><h2>How will it affect your business?</h2><p>These changes are definitely going to have a positive impact on my business. The new app, in particular, will make it easier for me to manage my business on-the-go and provide a better experience for my customers.</p><h2>What are your thoughts on the new app?</h2><p>I absolutely love the new app! It is user-friendly and the fact that it works offline is a major plus. The sync feature with the website will also make managing my business more efficient.</p><h2>What do you like about the new website?</h2><p>I am in love with the design and layout of the new website. It is so easy to navigate and everything is conveniently located in one place. It will make things much easier for both hosts and customers.</p><h2>Is there anything you are disappointed about with the new website?</h2><p>While I am very happy with the new website overall, I am a little disappointed that it is only accessible through the web. It would be nice to have an offline option for areas without internet access.</p><h2>Do you have any suggestions for the new app?</h2><p>Yes, I would love to see a credit card reader feature added to the app. I think it would make the ordering process even more convenient for both consultants and customers. I have already emailed Pampered Chef with this suggestion.</p>

What do you think of all these changes?

Personally, I am very excited about all the changes that have been made in the Spring Launch. The new website and app make it easier for both consultants and customers to navigate and access all the information they need.

How will it affect your business?

These changes are definitely going to have a positive impact on my business. The new app, in particular, will make it easier for me to manage my business on-the-go and provide a better experience for my customers.

What are your thoughts on the new app?

I absolutely love the new app! It is user-friendly and the fact that it works offline is a major plus. The sync feature with the website will also make managing my business more efficient.

What do you like about the new website?

I am in love with the design and layout of the new website. It is so easy to navigate and everything is conveniently located in one place. It will make things much easier for both hosts and customers.

Is there anything you are disappointed about with the new website?

While I am very happy with the new website overall, I am a little disappointed that it is only accessible through the web. It would be nice to have an offline option for areas without internet access.

Do you have any suggestions for the new app?

Yes, I would love to see a credit card reader feature added to the app. I think it would make the ordering process even more convenient for both consultants and customers. I have already emailed Pampered Chef with this suggestion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Aylaisabeau
  • Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • byrd1956