• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bidding Farewell: Remembering the Celebrities We Lost in 2009

In summary, 2009 was a very tough year for celebrities to lose their lives. Rest in peace to all of them.
heat123
Silver Member
To all of the celebrities that passed this year in 2009... seems like such a Horrible year of loss! Rest in Peace..

~Ricardo Maltabon (Mr Roarke) Fantasy Island
~Natasha Richardson
~Bea Arthur
~Dom DeLouise
~Ed Macmahon
~Farrah Fawcett
~Micheal Jackson
~David Carradine
~John Hughs
~Patrick Swayze
~Ted Kennedy
~Walter Cronkite

I prefer to think of Ricardo Montalbon as the salesman for Chrysler Cordoba with the "...finest Corinthian leather" and as the bad guy in the first Naked Gun movie.And Kahn. Anything else? Kahn.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I prefer to think of Ricardo Montalbon as the salesman for Chrysler Cordoba with the "...finest Corinthian leather" and as the bad guy in the first Naked Gun movie.

And Kahn. Anything else? Kahn.

He was evil as Kahn. Great acting.

He sold a lot of Cordobas. It was at best, an average car but more likely, a lousy car, but he made it sound like a Luxo-boat second only to the Rolls.

1976-chrysler-cordoba-sport-coupe.jpg

ChefBeckyD said:
He was evil as Kahn. Great acting.
The best part, though, were the prosthetic pectorals he wore in that film. :)I kid! (About it being the best part - he did actually have a plastic piece on under his costume.) That was a great movie, and is DH's favorite of the Star Trek franchise.

chefann said:
The best part, though, were the prosthetic pectorals he wore in that film. :)

I kid! (About it being the best part - he did actually have a plastic piece on under his costume.) That was a great movie, and is DH's favorite of the Star Trek franchise.

I think it was my favorite too...although it left me a little nervous about the possibility of creepy crawlies climbing in my ear and into my brain. :eek:

That's the first thing I think of whenever I see an earwig.(I was going to post a pic of an earwig but I don't want to ruin anyone's breakfast, especially mine.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I prefer to think of Ricardo Montalbon as the salesman for Chrysler Cordoba with the "...finest Corinthian leather" and as the bad guy in the first Naked Gun movie.

And Kahn. Anything else? Kahn.

LOL, I vaguely remember Kahn but will always remember him with Tatoo" De plane". heehee:p

I had the pleasure of KNOWING Dom and his sons back in the 80's... he was a funny man at home as well as on screen! He used to vacation on a barrier beach off of Long Island with Mel Brooks and his wife Ann Bancroft... (who I also have had the pleasure of knowing) - SHE was delightful! (and sadly lost a few years ago) I cried when they both passed, remembering them fondly from my teen years....

Patrick was a sad loss as well as Micheal to me... its like part of your childhood gone... :(

1. How do I bid farewell to my loved ones in a meaningful way?

Bidding farewell to loved ones can be difficult, but there are a few ways to make it more meaningful. Consider writing a heartfelt letter, creating a photo album, or planning a special outing together.

2. What are some appropriate gifts to give when saying goodbye?

When saying goodbye, it's important to choose a gift that is personal and meaningful. Some ideas include a personalized piece of jewelry, a heartfelt book or album, or a gift certificate for a special experience.

3. How can I make the transition easier for my children when moving to a new place?

Moving to a new place can be especially tough for children. To make the transition easier, involve them in the moving process and allow them to say goodbye to their friends and familiar places. You can also plan fun activities in the new location to help them adjust.

4. What are some ways to stay connected with friends and family after moving away?

Staying connected with friends and family after moving away is important. Some ways to do this include setting up regular video calls, sending care packages, and planning visits to see each other in person.

5. How can I make my goodbye party special and memorable?

A goodbye party is a great way to say farewell to loved ones. To make it special and memorable, consider incorporating meaningful activities or games, creating a memory book or video, and giving heartfelt thank you speeches or toasts.

Back