• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Challenges Did I Face Starting My Business in a New Location?

In summary, when my husband's job required us to move, I saw it as an opportunity to start my Pampered Chef business in a new location. However, I faced challenges such as not knowing anyone and having to learn about the local market and preferences. To overcome these challenges, I got involved in the community, utilized social media, and sought advice from other consultants. I also had to adapt to the new culture and cuisines. Despite these obstacles, my business has grown significantly and expanded beyond the new location.
Crystal Patton
Hi, my name is Crystal Patton, I've posted here a bit but just stumbled across this area. Tee-hee :)

My husband works on the road and for two years, Nov 2005 to June 2008, the kids (three boys ages 6, 3 and 1) and I joined him. Man was that an adventure!!:eek:
I have always loved PC, hosted my first show in 2000, but became a consultant in Indiana this last April. My husband was transfered to Fargo ND in Feb 2008 but I had to stay put so my oldest son could finish school. I started my business alone, in a town where I knew one person.
Fargo was too darn cold for me so the boys and I came home to Arizona. Blessed, warm, dry Arizona!!!!:love: Did I mention I'm happy to be home? Once I was in my hometown my business really took off. I love it because I have a legit reason to call the babysitter and talk to adults in full sentences. Whoo-hoo!!

I do find it hard not to have contact with local PC ladies, sigh. Anybody up around Chino Valley, Prescott or Prescott Valley?

Consider yourself officially welcomed!

Welcome aboard!!!! May your business flourish as you wish.

Welcome. You've come to the best site for support and advise and any questions at all!

1. What prompted you to start your Pampered Chef business in a new location?

My husband's job required us to move to a new location, so I decided to start my Pampered Chef business there. I have always loved the company and saw it as a great opportunity to continue my career while adapting to a new place.

2. What challenges did you face when starting your business in a new location?

One of the biggest challenges I faced was not knowing anyone in the area. It was difficult to network and make connections with potential customers and fellow consultants. It also took time to learn about the local market and adapt my business strategies accordingly.

3. How did you overcome these challenges?

I made an effort to get involved in the community and attend local events to meet new people. I also utilized social media and online platforms to connect with potential customers and build a presence in the new location. Additionally, I reached out to other consultants for advice and support in navigating the local market.

4. Did you face any other obstacles while starting your business in a new location?

Yes, I also had to adjust to the different culture and preferences of the new location. This meant learning about local cuisines and cooking styles, as well as understanding the needs and wants of my potential customers in the area.

5. How has your business grown since starting it in a new location?

Despite the initial challenges, my business has grown significantly since starting it in a new location. I have built a strong customer base and have formed great relationships with fellow consultants in the area. My business has also expanded beyond the new location, as I have been able to maintain connections with my previous customers and continue to grow my business in multiple locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TFChef
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
LoveMyKids
Back