• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Better Booking Checklist From Barb Girson

In summary, Barb Girson provides a checklist for booking parties that includes building attendance, challenging your Host, delivering booking bids, and highlighting your Host.
NooraK
Gold Member
I got this in my inbox a bit ago, and thought I would share it. :)

Barb's Better Booking Checklist-For Direct Sales Home Parties
By Barb Girson

I learned quickly in direct sales that I had to approach booking parties with a plan or I would not book parties. Thus when I decided to become a booking expert and truly master the skill, my booking average went up to 3-4 bookings per party.

Because my success was not without struggle, my experience helped me relate to the discomfort involved with asking for parties and ultimately made it possible for me to help others overcome it. I will never forget how uncomfortable I felt when I first started. Learning can be painful but building skill is priceless.

I perfected my strategy when I fused the mindset of booking parties with my method of securing new commitments on the calendar. I broke down the mechanics into the following formula:

· Guests are more likely to book when they anticipate you to invite them. Set the stage for bookings.
· Guests are more likely to book parties when they know you, like you and trust you.

Read on to see how many of the booking steps you practice from my 'Barb's Better Booking' Checklist'. As you can tell, it is not one single action that yields more bookings, but many small intentional actions that will improve results. See if you can incorporate a few new steps into your booking protocol, steps designed to enhance the know, like, and trust factors for you.

Barb's Better Booking Checklist

___1. Build Party Attendance - It is hard to book a party or earn money with a chair, sofa or lamp so remember, the more people at the party, the more potential for prosperity (for you and your Host). Make sure your Host is talking up the benefits of attending the party. Emphasize the education, as well as the fun factor, as the combination draws a bigger crowd.

___2. Challenge Your Host To Help - Ask your Host to have a booking waiting for you before you arrive. Enlist the Host to help you and make it worth your Host's worthwhile.

___3. Offer To Call Each Guest Before The Party - As a service to your Host, offer to call each guest to confirm their attendance, and in doing so encourage them to bring a friend. Making a personal connection with potential guests prior to the party helps you build the know, like and trust factor and establishes your standard of customer service. Even leaving a voice mail can highlight your professionalism and show how you support each Host. Most direct sellers overlook this step, so making pre-party calls will set yourself apart.

___3. Arrive Early To Be Booking Ready - Arriving before guests allows you to not only to set up early and chat with your Host but also frees you to greet guests when they do arrive. Take advantage of the opportunity to build rapport. Ask your Host to share a little about each guest with you. Who likes to have parties? Who is involved in organizations? Who might appreciate free products or want to earn some money? Make notes on your guest list.

___4. Greet Guests With Interest - Learn something special about each guest in your pre-party chat. What do they do? Where do they live? How do they know the Host? How familiar are they with your product line?

___5. Remember Guest Names - When you sincerely address guests by name, you communicate that they are important to you. If you can not remember everyone's name, consider using name tags.

___6. Decide To Deliver Booking Bids - Determine before you start when you will deliver 3 booking bids to the group. This means deciding when you will invite others to consider booking and what you will say in each invitation. Be prepared, not scripted or robotic. Be direct or you might drive home and realize you forgot to ask.

___7. Promote Your Host Benefits - Promote the benefits of being a Host through both your verbal and non-verbal communication. Pass around Host specials. Refer to the Host program. Inform others what Hosts can earn when they open up their homes for a party.

___8. Highlight Your Host - Make each Host feel genuinely appreciated and special. Without their hospitality you would not have a vehicle to build your party plan business. Publicly acknowledge your Host today and others will be more inclined to Host in the future.

___9. Party With Play - Always remember, it is a party you are promoting. Infuse fun and laughter into your party process and bookings will follow. The more your guests enjoy the time together, the more they will want to repeat the experience and get their own friends together. It is up to you to create the party atmosphere.

___10. Give Personal Invitations - Ask each guest individually to be one of your special Hosts. "Would you be willing to invite me into your home to host your own party [or get together]?" Do not pre-determine who will and who won't say yes. Ask everyone. This single practice boosted my booking results tremendously.

With practice, you will increase your bookings and build a business with solid confidence. Develop your style so that you are using the most effective word choices that work for you. Challenge yourself to get to a point where if your calendar ever looks slim, you have the power to rebuild it. With this knowledge you will attract others intentionally to schedule with YOU!
© 2010 All Rights Reserved.
Barb Girson Original Work
Edited by Robyn Girson

To build your booking confidence and improve your word choices, intonation, delivery and confidence, register now for my next 4 week Build Your Bookings Program. Even the pros benefit from a little personal coaching.

Permission to reprint this article is granted with inclusion of "About the Author, contact information, & active web site link".

About The Author

Barb Girson, International Direct Selling Industry Expert, Trainer & Coach, helps companies, teams & entrepreneurs gain confidence, get into action, & most importantly... grow sales by sharing her "Strategies That Stick™".

Barb is a highly interactive, creative speaker and author offering customized, professional skill development programs for workshops, meetings and teleconference training programs. Active participants "Sell more, stop worrying and STICK with what works™. Visit My Sales Tactics to learn more.

This is great info, Noora! Thanks for posting it - I just sent it on to my cluster.

I think it is so important to develop the habit to not-prejudge. I'm so at fault, I tend to talk more to the people who were laughing alot or looked like they were having the most fun instead of EVERYONE at the party. I'm trying to use the principles of full-service-check-out and it does help.

Nora can you do this as an attachment so I can print it off?? TIA

I came in an email. You should be able to highlight the section you want, right-click on it, choose "Print" and then choose "Selection" under Page Range to print just what you've highlighted

This is great! I am planning on incorporating this into my cluster meeting. I'll be running my first meeting next Monday. My Director has to cover a fair she secured for the group at the last minute.

This is great. I was just talking to my director tonight about ways to break out of my circle and increase bookings. Thanks, Noora!

Really great stuff.....sending to team! Thanks for sharing!

So fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Question, What do you do about those that don't order, or who take the catalog and get their order to the host. Do you call them before you close the show and see if they are interested in ordering.

Thanks for sharing! Sure can use this for my recruits too!

Thank you for sharing! Great information!

lesliec said:
Question, What do you do about those that don't order, or who take the catalog and get their order to the host. Do you call them before you close the show and see if they are interested in ordering.

I'm going to assume that you meant interested in booking. And, no, I don't unless they've expressed at least a smidge of interest in booking on their survey slip (or DPDS).

Thanks for sharing this, Noora. I receive that ezine, too. Good stuff.

This is great and I loved it. Great inspiration for me here....... I sent it to my cluster as well. I wish I could do the booking class but I have gone to her website and will certainly try it the next time.

Awesome!! I will pass that along as well! I have a string of shows beginning tomorrow and I will remember everything I read!

1. How can I use the Better Booking Checklist to improve my party bookings?

The Better Booking Checklist from Barb Girson is a comprehensive guide that outlines the key steps to successfully booking and hosting Pampered Chef parties. By following this checklist, you can learn how to effectively reach out to potential guests, promote your party, and create an engaging and successful event.

2. Is the Better Booking Checklist only for new consultants or can experienced consultants also benefit from it?

The Better Booking Checklist is designed for both new and experienced consultants. It provides helpful tips and strategies for improving your party bookings, regardless of your level of experience with Pampered Chef. Whether you are just starting out or looking to boost your bookings, this checklist can be a valuable resource for you.

3. Are there any specific tools or resources mentioned in the Better Booking Checklist?

Yes, the Better Booking Checklist includes recommendations for specific tools and resources that can help you with your party bookings. These may include social media platforms, email marketing services, or other tools that can help you effectively promote your parties and reach potential guests.

4. Can I customize the Better Booking Checklist to fit my personal style or strategy?

Absolutely! The Better Booking Checklist is meant to be a flexible and adaptable guide that you can personalize to fit your own unique approach to party bookings. You can use the checklist as a starting point and make any necessary adjustments to align with your personal style and strategy.

5. Is the Better Booking Checklist a one-time purchase or is it updated regularly?

The Better Booking Checklist is a one-time purchase and does not require any additional fees or subscriptions. However, Pampered Chef may occasionally update the checklist to ensure it reflects the latest best practices for party bookings. In the event of an update, you will receive a notification and can download the updated version at no extra cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • esavvymom