• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Will March Be the Turning Point for My Director Promotion?

In summary, the Director was not paid for two months, but will be paid as a TL effective March. The change to the career plan makes it harder for the Director to participate in the booking blitz, and the financial situation of the Director makes it difficult to give gifts and celebrate holidays.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
*Sigh*...

Okay so last month, I didn't get paid as a Director, because I only had one Sr. Consultant line active.

This month, it looks like I won't have ANY Sr. Consultant Lines with both active, for different reasons...and unless someone recruits, I won't from here on out. Which means I'm back as a TL.

IF ONLY this were March! If this month was March, I would have been green as a Director by the 15th. I have enough lines, and enough in team sales.

Hurry, Hurry, March! I want You here with ME!

sorry Becky... hang in there, you know relief is coming!

That's frustrating Becky...so glad that they saw it necessary to change the career plan. March is a coming!!

That's ok, I haven't been paid as a director for 2 months but still can't participate in the booking blitz--I personally think that is unfair. One more instance of me being expected to suck up the negatives of directorship (being expected to conduct meetings and all the expenses to go with them, being expected to put in my extra time as a director and train consultants without being compensated, etc) and receive none of the benefits. I did fire off an email to Jean Jonas about it, but it's too late now. I have 12 shows booked for January. If I don't have any SC's participating in January it will be month 3 of not being paid as a director for me--so March won't make any difference. Don't know why they had to make the change effective March instead of January. And I am P**sed about the booking blitz.

I spent over $50 on my team holiday party despite not getting any director overrides for November. OK, gripe over, but i am still unhappy

Nanisu said:
Don't know why they had to make the change effective March instead of January.

I asked that question and the answer is that according to the DSA (direct selling association) bylaws, every ds company has to give their consultants at least 60 days notice when making a change to their career plan. PC's original plan was to announce the change Jan 1st (effective March 1st) but they decided it would be better for everyone to know going into 2011 so we can set some goals. In any case, that's why...

HUGS!!!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Ladies,

I read your posts and feel your sadness and pain. By some miracle, we will all be green by the end of the month...but January we will be right back to TL.

Telling you all to hang in there seems so useless because I have so been where you are. What does make me happy is there is a change coming. I almost cried when they announced the change and it really sunk in. Since the career plan started, I have felt that the title of Director sank from a milestone to a common title that meant so much less. My faith in PC was restored when they announced the new changes in March. I realized how much faith I had lost in PC. Being hopeful does not pay the bills.

I have really curtailed my holiday gifts and celebrations (only 3 of my 18 cluster member attend anything and that is spread into 2 meetings!) It has been a challenging year for me financially as it is. So personally I need to do the following with my team (each of our goals are different, but thought I would share what I am going to do)

On Tammy Stanley's website (http://www.tammystanley.com/index.html) I discovered a blog that I found helpful as I go into the new year in helping my team. Here it is....

It’s the Small Things
April 16th, 2010
Lately I have been hearing the same question over and over from leaders - how do I get my team to do something? If the answer to that question were simple, my guess is that no one would be asking it (and I wouldn’t have a job!). In other words, if it were easy, the solution would be apparent and everyone would already know what to do.
My answer to this question is loaded, and there is simply no way that I can answer it completely in a short blog or article. However, my goal today is to get you on the right path to true leadership because ultimately the people on your team want a leader they can follow. Truly, all people want a leader they can follow, even leaders!
I can remember a particular leader I knew during my direct sales career. We both came into the business around the same time, but I became a leader six months to a year before her. When she reached the leadership rank alongside me, I was so happy for her, but for numerous years she really struggled to keep her team going. This is not meant to sound boastful, as I do not intend it that way at all, but it was difficult for me to spend much time with her at the leadership meanings because our paths were so different - I had one of the top million dollar sales teams within a year and a half while she was barely maintaining her rank. We seemed worlds apart and because of that we had difficulty keeping up our friendship.
Then one year at a leadership meeting, she was highlighted as one of the managers whose team had grown by more than five hundred percent. I remember being in the audience and thinking that she had to be doing something different. I could not wait to congratulate her and find out what had caused this phenomenal change.
When I met up with her, it was like a reunion with a dear friend. She was more than happy to share with me the secret of her newfound success. (I have to share with you that I have started to tear up just thinking about it. The reason why is because her secret is so simple that I fear you might dismiss it. I implore you to read this entire post before you decide to dismiss it or not.)
She said to me, “Tammy, I finally decided that I just had to look for and accent the positive things that were going on in my unit, even if the things that were positive were seemingly insignificant.” She shared that the transformation was not overnight, but little by little, her team began to respond, and by the end of a year, her entire team had transformed.
Years ago I lived in the mountains of Evergreen, Colorado. One of the best things about living there was that every six months or so doctor Foster Cline would present a free talk at our local elementary school. Dr. Cline is an internationally known child psychologist, and I will always remember one of his simple rules of thumb. If you have an ill-behaved 2-year old and you start to implement Dr. Cline’s strategies of natural and logical consequences, you probably will not see a transformed 2-year old for two months. If you have an ill-behaved 13-year old teenager, you probably will not see a transformed teenager for thirteen months. In other words, the longer the behavior patterns are a part of someone’s experience, the longer they take to transform. According to Dr. Cline, you can figure about a month for each year of a previous behavior.
If you want to lead a team to transform, you cannot expect overnight results. You must be committed to a process. If you have been doing certain things for a number of years, expect that you may not see things change for a few months. Be as committed to change as you have been to your “this-is-the-way-I-have-always-done-it” mentality.
Sometimes we tend to dismiss ideas like the one my friend shared that turned her business around. Looking for and accenting the positive things can sound rather easy and trivial on the surface, but you never know when your positive encouragement or recognition really might be the only sunshine in one’s day. Interestingly, the very people who say, “I’ve tried that and it doesn’t work,” are often the ones complaining that their sales team is dead from the feet up. It may appear that your sales team is dead from the feet up; I can tell you that my friend’s sales team appeared that way for years. But her team changed when she changed. Her team responded when she became a true leader.
To be a great leader you have to be someone others would want to follow. Your team knows how you think about them, even if you never express it verbally. Humans are emotional beings and they definitely pick up on your vibrations.
If your sales team appears to barely be active right now, I want you to let go of that image and look for the positive things that are going on, no matter how small. I want you to focus on those positive things and be truly grateful for them. It is the grateful heart that makes room for more. Think about that. If you had two friends, and you gave each of them a wonderful gift, which friend would be most likely to receive something from you again – the friend that complained that the gift you gave her was not as big as she wanted, or the friend that expressed deep gratitude for thinking of her? Hmm… pretty easy to see why grateful hearts make room for more, isn’t it?
Leaders inspire others to be more than what they are right now. If you want your team to perform more than they are right now, you have to inspire them. Negativity does not inspire people. Look for the positive things in your business, in your sales team, in your life. They are there. Once you see them and feel grateful for them, you will make room for more.

Big (((hugs)))!!!

Big hug and a kiss, :candyheart:friend. Things will get better...

Becky I know exactly how you feel and the ezine posted by Ann seems like an autobiography of my PC life. I'm that one that has the team not performing and it has affected the friendships I had, especially with my director. I'm a huge Tammy Stanley fan and love what she wrote in there. Think I will post that on my wall for 2010 even though my personality type is negative nelly vs postivite Patti. I figure no one wants to give me the time of day because I'm not a performer lately so why give it to my team since they aren't performing either. Two wrongs don't make a right though I suppose.

I just lost a consultant so between now and March I need a first line recruit and then I'll be back in business as long as I can get them to the $5000/mo and my show schedule returns.

Unfortunately the current structure is very disheartening to many (as you are finding) but we do have hope that March will be here before we know it and many more will be feeling good again rather than being frustrated.

Best to you in the New Year and for your business! And here's to the countdown to March! ((HUGS))

What is "Best & Worst of Times...."?

"Best & Worst of Times...." is a cookbook written by Pampered Chef that features delicious recipes and tips for cooking and entertaining during both the best and worst of times. It includes a variety of dishes that are perfect for everyday meals or special occasions.

What types of recipes are included in "Best & Worst of Times...."?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes such as appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and drinks. There are also recipes for different dietary restrictions, including vegetarian and gluten-free options.

Are there any tips or tricks for entertaining in "Best & Worst of Times...."?

Yes, the cookbook includes helpful tips and tricks for hosting successful gatherings and events, even in challenging situations. These tips can help make entertaining easier and more enjoyable for both the host and guests.

How can "Best & Worst of Times...." help with meal planning?

The cookbook offers a wide range of recipes that can help with meal planning for various occasions. Whether you are looking for quick and easy weeknight meals or elegant dishes for special occasions, "Best & Worst of Times...." has you covered.

Can I purchase "Best & Worst of Times...." from Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Best & Worst of Times...." is available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or through a consultant. You can also find the cookbook at select retail locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianafeller
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cenouctosturo
  • 11accold