• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Seasoning Your DCB: Microwave Method

In summary, the author suggests using crisco and salt to season stoneware. They recommend baking the stoneware in a 200 degrees oven for 30 minutes, after which they scrub it with hot water and shake it dry.
turtle15
I have used my DCB only in the microwave, and after many, many uses, it is still not seasoned at all. Any suggestions?

I've used mine a ton, and it is barely tan. Actually had someone ask me last night how long I had been using it. I don't think he believed me when I told him 8 months. I think it is because a lot of the things I do have less fat in them, like chicken breasts.

Maybe a beef roast in the oven would give it some seasoning?

When you use it in the micro, it is still getting seasoned, but it's not getting dark. The microwave does not brown anything.Feel it--I bet it's smooth.

DebbieJ said:
When you use it in the micro, it is still getting seasoned, but it's not getting dark. The microwave does not brown anything.

Feel it--I bet it's smooth.

Not really, that is the problem. The food does not slide right off like on my bar pan either.

This is tried and true!

SEASONING stoneware - similar to seasoning cast iron...

1/2 cup crisco and 1/4 cup salt - (trust me, it works!) spread over
surfaces you want to be nonstick on stoneware.

Bake in a 200 degree oven 30 minutes, remove to cool. Scrub with Kitchen
Brush and hot water, not trying to remove all the oils, but just get the
salt off. Shake dry, leave out.

You're done - it's now nonstick! It works wonders for new stones.

I also emaild the test kitchen about this and here is their response:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef regarding your product
question. We have not tested this method and therefore cannot comment if
this tip is successful. We would not think it would cause any harm to
the Stone, but please be cautious about using too much Crisco on a
smaller Stoneware piece. Our concern is that it would liquify and drip
in the oven, causing some smoking.

1. How often should I season my Deep Covered Baker?

The frequency of seasoning your Deep Covered Baker (DCB) depends on how often you use it. If you use it regularly, it is best to season it every few months. If you use it less frequently, you can season it once or twice a year.

2. What is the best method for seasoning a DCB?

The best method for seasoning a DCB is to lightly coat the inside of the dish with cooking oil and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour. This will help create a non-stick surface for your dishes.

3. Can I use any type of oil to season my DCB?

Yes, you can use any type of oil to season your DCB. However, it is recommended to use a neutral-flavored oil such as vegetable or canola oil, as these oils will not affect the flavor of your dishes.

4. How do I maintain the seasoning on my DCB?

To maintain the seasoning on your DCB, it is important to avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils, as these can damage the non-stick surface. Instead, use soft sponges or nylon brushes for cleaning and wooden or silicone utensils for cooking.

5. Is it necessary to season a new DCB?

Yes, it is recommended to season a new DCB before using it for the first time. This will help create a non-stick surface and ensure your dishes cook evenly. After the initial seasoning, you may need to season your DCB periodically to maintain its non-stick properties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melaniehay22
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
melaniehay22
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • teeanne77
  • Products and Tips
Replies