• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried & True Trifle Recipes: Perfect for Your Party!

In summary, the author recommends trying the Death by Chocolate trifle, the Strawberry Creme Trifle, the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle, the Capuccino Mousse, the Red, White and Blueberry trifle, the Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle, and the Tropical Dream Trifle.
sunnygirl in nd
I just got my trifle bowl today and hope to use it at my party on Friday. What are your best tried and true recipes in it?

My fav is a summer recipe.... the summer berry layered salad, it goes over so so well plus I've tweeked it so I can demo TONS of products... I know this is no help this time of year but.......I am doing the black forest trifle at one of my show's this month, have not tried it yet but it looks good!

I think you can search Trifle Recipes to get TONS of ideas.

My Fav. is:
"Death by Chocolate"

2 box fudge brownie mix plus ingredients to make it (baked on Large Bar Pan)
1 box chocolate INSTANT pudding
1 tub whipped topping; unthawed
1 chocolate bar (I use Aero; most use Heath/Skor)

Layer brownies (that have been cooled) in bottom of Trifle bowl
Spread a thin layer of pudding
Followed by a layer of whipped topping
Grate chocolate on top (I use the Deluxe Cheese Grater)
Repeat layers

:) YUM!

The Strawberry Creme Trifle is easy and so yummy!! SBRC spring/summer 08

Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle
Janet's Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
Pumpkin Trifle
Strawberry Creme TrifleI'm curious to try the Ho-Ho trifle that I found on here a while back, sometime. It looks so deliciously trashy.You can find all the recipes on here by searching the files.

Capuccino Mousse is a must try! It's delicious - and I usually make it with Angel Food Cake to cut down on the fat. The Red, White and Blueberry is delicious too , but not right for this time of year.

These all sound great!! Has anyone made a Pumpkin Trifle for the holidays? If so I would love a recipe for one.

For my last 2 shows, I made the Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle and booked 4 shows for December so they can get the trifle bowl for 60%off. I found the recipe on here - just went to files and typed in gingerbread. I made the gingerbread at home in the large bar pan the day beofre and just assembled it at the show. Make sure you have plenty of recipes handy for this one!;)

leftymac said:
Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle
Janet's Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
Pumpkin Trifle
Strawberry Creme Trifle

I'm curious to try the Ho-Ho trifle that I found on here a while back, sometime. It looks so deliciously trashy.

You can find all the recipes on here by searching the files.

Aw shucks! :blushing:

But that is my favorite too!

I do like the Black Forest Trifle too. That is a good one.

Oh, I still want to try the Tiramisu one, that sounds good too!

Summer is over now (even here in North Florida) but the Tropical Dream Trifle is wonderful. It's an oldie but a goodie...

Tropical Dream Trifle

1 frozen prepared pound cake (10.75 ounces)
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 lime
1 large banana, chopped
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced

Cut pound cake into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large bowl of 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set. Add pineapple; toss gently and set aside.

Zest lime using Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure 1 teaspoon zest. (Zest the entire lime if you love lime flavor.) Juice lime using Juicer to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Chop banana using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine banana, lime juice and lime zest; mix well.

Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator. Fill decorator with whipped topping; set aside. Add remaining whipped topping, sour cream and powdered sugar to banana mixture; mix well using Classic Scraper.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with one-third of filling mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle coconut over top of trifle. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl. Slice kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus(R). Cut slices in half and place between rosettes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 140 mg,
Fibre less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Reduced-fat pound cake, light whipped topping and reduced-fat sour cream and can be substituted for the pound cake, whipped topping and sour cream, if desired.

To toast coconut in microwave oven, place coconut in Small Micro-Cooker(R); microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 10-second interval. Cool completely.

That sounds super yummy!! :love:

pamperedpnina said:
My fav is a summer recipe.... the summer berry layered salad, it goes over so so well plus I've tweeked it so I can demo TONS of products... I know this is no help this time of year but.......

I am doing the black forest trifle at one of my show's this month, have not tried it yet but it looks good!

Would you mind sharing the tweaked version?
I am attaching a trifle recipe booklet...

Attachments

• TRIFLE BOWL RECIPES FROM YOUR PAMPERED CHEF.doc
    184.5 KB · Views: 1,074
Great recipes, Carolyn! Thanks!

I tried this at our NMD and am making it for my show tonight. It's a different version of the pumpkin trifle, and my favorite now. I've tried all of them that are on here too. Something about the nuts in this one just makes it so yummy. Also, it's pumpkin bread for the pumpkin taste, which I think is a little milder if you have a pumpkin non-lover in the crowd (as my dh is).

Pumpkin Trifle
Boxed Pumpkin bread and ingredients to make the bread
1 - 16oz container of Cool Whip
1 Cup skim milk
1 small package of cheesecake pudding
2 cups chopped pecans
2 1/2 TBSP PC's Pantry Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle

In medium stainless steel mixing bowl, use small mix n' scraper to mix together bread mix and ingredients. Spread batter into parchment lined medium stoneware bar pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes cool completely.

Using whisk, mix together milk and pudding until it begins to thicken. Use small mix n' scraper to fold in cool whip into pudding mixture and add sprinkle.

Lift bread out of stone and place on cutting board. Cut pumpkin into bars and into small chunks using pizza cutter. Place chunks in trifle bowl to cover bottom. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture then 1/3 of the nuts. repeat layers twice.

Last edited:
I made the gingerbread one and people seemed to like it. My daughter thinks a chocolate one would've went over better. There's just some people who don't like pumpkin.

I just made the Black Forest Trifle for the first time on Thursday. It was sooooo good. I love chocolate and cherry together and the almond extract was excellent, too. It was very pretty on display.

1. What is a trifle and how is it made?

A trifle is a layered dessert typically made with cake, pudding, fruit, and whipped cream. To make a trifle, you start by layering cake on the bottom of a dish, followed by a layer of fruit, then a layer of pudding. Repeat the layers until the dish is full, and then top it with whipped cream. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

2. Can I use any type of cake for a trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for a trifle. Some popular options include pound cake, angel food cake, or even brownies. You can also experiment with different flavors, such as chocolate or lemon, to customize the trifle to your preferences.

3. How long can a trifle be stored in the fridge?

A trifle can typically be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days. However, it is best to consume it within 24 hours for optimal freshness and taste.

4. Are there any variations to the traditional trifle recipe?

Yes, there are many variations to the traditional trifle recipe. Some options include using different types of fruit, adding layers of chocolate or caramel, or using different types of pudding or custard. You can also make a savory trifle by using ingredients like cheese, vegetables, and meat.

5. Can I make a trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a trifle in advance. In fact, it is recommended to make it a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. You can also assemble the trifle the night before and refrigerate it overnight to save time on the day of your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cookingwithhart