• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Cheapest Travel Packages for Your Vegas Trip | Top Sites Reviewed"

In summary, Lisa found that booking airfare and hotels directly with the airlines was cheaper than booking through the travel sites.
heat123
Silver Member
I am doing some travel searches for our annual trip to Vegas this year and have looked into:

Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheaptix,Travelocity and finally Expedia. Anyone have any other sites they use and recommend for the cheapest packages?

So far Expedia is the cheapest one!

TIA!

When we went to Vegas in the past, we decided the packages were not the way to go for us. We usually found the best airfare prices directly with the airlines and the best hotel rates directly with the hotels.

What month are you traveling? Are you on the hotels' email list? They usually send the best deals.

Lisa

I did some searches with the airline that was the cheapest on the travel sites and actually the travel site was cheaper than the airline company by $5 or something? I have bought tix directly from the airline before and saved a few bucks but this time, not soo much.

I will try booking rates directly with the hotel and see if there is a difference?
vs. the travel sites. thanks!

Make sure with expedia you read the fine print. It's either that one or Travelocity that charges like a $35 ticketing fee (or at least they did a few years ago).

The advantage is that those sites are like travel agents, so when you book your ticket, say for your mom, in the wrong last name (she's only had the same one for 40 years), they'll let you cancel your ticket and reticket yourself (at the current price, however...but at least you get your money back from the wrong ticket....)

I use kayak.com a lot

i've been looking a lot at those sites and directly at the airlines and have found that the airlines are cheaper than travelocity, expedia etc. DH and I are hoping to go to Paris in March and I'm searching for the best deals. Today continental had airfare for 602 and the exact same flight on travelocity was 710.

As far as Vegas goes, everytime i've gone, i've gone through southwest airlines vacations. It is the best deal on the web. hotel and airfare. you can choose your hotel, based upon the cost w/airfare included. usually, from houston, we go for between 300-400 dollars, staying at a strip hotel. It's great!!!

oh, and sometimes with swa, it's cheaper to stay 3 nights instead of 2, so check it both ways.

hmm, I will have to check kayak and SW! Thanks!

Southwest doesn't fly from Anchorage so I don't know about their specials, but we are planning a trip this spring with friends and they got a great deal through vegas.com for flight and hotel. I used sidestep.com to plan our trip to Florida last year-they draw from alot of the sites you already mentioned but it's nice because they tell you where to find the best deal among those sites.

We haven't been to Vegas since 12/04 and we are SO excited abobut our trip!

mobissimo.com
It checks the discount airlines, like cheaptickets, orbitz & all those, but it also checks the airlines directly....The only one I'd use now!!!

1. How do I find the cheapest travel packages for my Vegas trip?

To find the cheapest travel packages for your Vegas trip, you can use various online travel websites such as Expedia, Travelocity, or Kayak. These websites allow you to compare prices from different airlines, hotels, and rental car companies to find the best deals. You can also sign up for email alerts or follow these websites on social media to stay updated on any sales or promotions.

2. Should I book my Las Vegas trip in advance or last minute?

It is generally recommended to book your Las Vegas trip in advance, as last-minute bookings may be more expensive. By booking in advance, you have more time to compare prices and find the best deals. It also allows you to secure your preferred flight and hotel options before they sell out.

3. Are there any specific days of the week that have cheaper travel packages?

It is often said that booking flights on a Tuesday or Wednesday can result in cheaper prices. However, this is not always the case. It is best to compare prices on multiple days and times to find the best deal for your Vegas trip.

4. Can I negotiate prices for travel packages to Las Vegas?

While it is not common to negotiate prices for travel packages, you can try to negotiate with hotels directly for better rates. Some hotels may be willing to offer discounts or upgrades if you book directly with them instead of through a third-party website.

5. Are there any hidden fees I should be aware of when booking a travel package to Las Vegas?

When booking a travel package to Las Vegas, it is important to carefully read the terms and conditions and check for any hidden fees. Some hotels may charge resort fees or require a deposit upon check-in. It is also important to factor in additional costs such as transportation, meals, and activities when budgeting for your trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat