• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When is the best time to start making CC calls?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best time to make CC calls for the business. The participants suggest different times such as 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm and 9pm, but ultimately agree that it depends on the individual's schedule and availability. They also mention the importance of leaving messages and reaching out to customers, even if it's just about their PC products. The conversation highlights the flexibility of the business and encourages taking small steps outside of one's comfort zone.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, I am Slowly trying to make myself do this on a weekly basis! What time do you think is the best to make these calls? 5pm is just too early (for those who work 8-5) 6pm Is our dinner ( cooking, eating clean up etc. and figure it's theirs as well) 7pm seems reasonable (when I'm not tending to children) , 8pm is when I have kids to bathe and put to bed and 9pm sounds way too late!

When do you all make your calls?

thanks!

WHENEVER you have time!Don't spend too much time thinking about when the perfect time is to make CC calls. What do we tell our customers when they ask "what is the best night to have a show?" There is no best time. It will always be a great time for some and a bad time for others. So...you put the casserole in the oven, the kids are playing quietly...pick up the phone! Start every conversation with "have I caught you at a good time?" the answer is either yes or no! Yes...proceed..no, thank them and tell them you'll try back another time. Call during your lunch break...leave messages! I would much rather leave five messages and have five customers know that I thought about them, then not make any calls...and have them all wonder what ever happened to me! Saturday afternoon...call them! Anytime can work, and I assure you you will get a lot more done three calls at a time (@ 15 minutes really!) than if you wait until you have "enough" time to make a bunch of calls.....Just do it!

good questionI find that in the morning around 10 and at night around 7 even 8 seems to be the best way to reach someone.
Although, if during the day works best with your schedule then you could leave messages. This is good especially if someone has had a bad day at work they can come home to a message from you and knowing someone cares, even if it is only about their PC Products and how they are getting along with them, it makes them feel better that you thought of them!
That's the best thing about this business, it's YOUR schedule!

thanks!I started out calling during the day (as I was to terrified to actually talk to them in person) So I left a bunch of messages when I first started my CC calls! But now I need to really follow up and talk to the possible booking leads I have and just wanted to hear opinions on when everyone did their calls.

thanks for your advice!

Hi Heather,
YEs, I agree, whenever YOU can fit it in is best. I found that Sunday evenings seemed to net me the most "live" people on the phone calls. I know that's not easy for a lot of people though since that tends to be family time. I rarely get to make phone calls in the evening until 7:30 or so. I don't like calling much past 8:30 unless someone specifically said it's ok.

YOu will definitely find that when you speak with someone live as opposed to their answering machine that you will get better results. People just don't return phone calls when it's not urgent or important in their minds. Keep trying. And it WILL get easier the more people you talk to. Think of what a great step you're taking for yourself and your business! You should be proud of yourself for stepping outside of your comfort zone! Way to go! :)

heat123 said:
Ok, I am Slowly trying to make myself do this on a weekly basis! What time do you think is the best to make these calls? 5pm is just too early (for those who work 8-5) 6pm Is our dinner ( cooking, eating clean up etc. and figure it's theirs as well) 7pm seems reasonable (when I'm not tending to children) , 8pm is when I have kids to bathe and put to bed and 9pm sounds way too late!

When do you all make your calls?

thanks!
Try making your calls at 7:30 PM. That will give you 30 min. before getting the kids to bed.

I find the best time to get ahold of people is between 7-9 Monday through Thursday. Sunday afternoon can be a good time to get people at home. My director says Saturday late morning is the best time for her to get people at home but I haven't much luck at that time myself. I don't mind leaving messages with people but I would much rather talk to them so I try to call when I know they will be or home or have said they'll be home.

Where to start?I have yet to make regular CC calls and I have been with PC over a year. However, I would like to start, but I'm wondering how far back to start. I was thinking maybe with my November Shows. I also have a hard time getting calls in in the evening. Before I know it it's almost 9:00, and I don't like to call that late. I think i may start calling during the day and leaving messages if they're not home, and then try to call possible booking leads in the evening when I might get someone in person. Does anyone have a good script for CC calls? Thanks!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

What is the best time of day to make cold calls?

The best time of day to make cold calls can vary depending on your target audience. Generally, mornings between 9 am and 11 am are considered the best time as people are more likely to be available and focused. However, it's important to test different times to see what works best for your specific market.

Is there a specific day of the week that is better for making cold calls?

Again, this can vary depending on your target audience. However, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are often considered the best days as people are more likely to be in a productive mindset and less likely to be out of the office or busy with end-of-week tasks.

Should I avoid making cold calls during lunchtime?

It's generally recommended to avoid making cold calls during lunchtime as people are more likely to be busy or away from their desks. However, if your target audience is stay-at-home parents or retirees, lunchtime may actually be a good time to reach them.

Is it better to make cold calls in the morning or afternoon?

As mentioned before, mornings are generally considered the best time for cold calls. However, if your target audience is other businesses, afternoons can also be a good time to reach decision-makers who may have more availability then.

How many times should I try calling a prospect before giving up?

There is no definitive answer to this question as it can vary depending on the individual and the situation. However, it's generally recommended to make at least 3 attempts before moving on. Keep in mind that timing is important, so you may want to try different times of day or days of the week before giving up completely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • klcpdm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • klcpdm