• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Salsa Recipe for a Taco Ring using MFP?

In summary, the host is excited about doing the Taco Ring. They suggest using the recipe from their MFP with some variations. They use a different cilantro mix, grape tomatoes, and add a pinch of salt and a dash of lime juice.
aPamperedBride
Gold Member
I have a host who is excited about doing the Taco Ring. In the past, I always prepped a Green Pepper with the v-shaped cutter and poured store-bought salsa in it. Last week, I made some with the following ingredients in the MFP but wondered if there was a tastier/better combination:
1 tomato
3 wedges red onion
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 garlic clove pressed
1 lime, juiced

Please let me know if you've found something you really like.

I add cilantro to mine. I also like spicy so I do not seed the jalapeno....I actually will end up making several batches at once. I will do the onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime & a pinch of salt, then do a batch of cherry tomatoes & mix in a bowl!

Here's what I use.

1/4 cup cilantro, loosely packed
1 jalepeno
1- 2 wedges red onion
2 plum tomatoes, seeded
juice of 1 small lime
salt and pepper

Always start with the cilantro. And when you do cilantro in the MFP, make sure that both the cilantro and the MFP are completely DRY. Otherwise, you will end up with a ball of cilantro. Trust me on this one :eek:

PamperedchefDaly said:
Here's what I use.

1/4 cup cilantro, loosely packed
1 jalepeno
1- 2 wedges red onion
2 plum tomatoes, seeded
juice of 1 small lime
salt and pepper

Always start with the cilantro. And when you do cilantro in the MFP, make sure that both the cilantro and the MFP are completely DRY. Otherwise, you will end up with a ball of cilantro. Trust me on this one :eek:

I use this but add 4 tomatoes instead of 2 and add 2 cloves of garlic minced with the garlic press.

I always get requests for the recipe.:thumbup:

I like the recipe that came with MFP it's almost the same as the one above but uses a container of grape tomatoes, which I think makes the perfect amount of liquid. Some regular tomatoes make it too wet. The plum tomatoes work ok too but I do not take the seeds out.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the best salsa using Mfp?

To make the best salsa using Mfp, you will need 2 large tomatoes, 1 small onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1 clove of garlic, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1 lime, and salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I use canned tomatoes for this recipe?

While fresh tomatoes are recommended for the best flavor, you can use canned tomatoes in this recipe if fresh ones are not available. Just make sure to drain the excess liquid before using them.

3. How do I adjust the spice level in this salsa?

If you prefer a milder salsa, you can remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno pepper before chopping it. For a spicier salsa, you can add more jalapeno or even add in a hotter pepper like serrano or habanero.

4. Can I make this salsa ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salsa ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, the flavors will continue to develop and intensify over time, so it may taste even better if you make it a day in advance.

5. What can I serve this salsa with?

This salsa is delicious served with tortilla chips, but you can also use it as a topping for tacos, burritos, or grilled meats. It can also be used as a dip for vegetables or as a condiment for sandwiches and wraps.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
blueberrylady
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD