• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can you top this cancellation excuse for a party?

In summary, the host's cleaner stole a federal property and caused an accident. The host is a witness and does not want to go to jail so she is telling the feds that the husband is the one who caused the accident. The host has to reschedule the show because her guests said they could not come because it was Valentine's Day.
chefsteph07
Had a show scheduled for tonight...my host texts me at 3pm (I"m supposed to be there at 5:30, so I'm all packed and ready to go basically) and says something came up and she has to cancel but will reschedule. I get instantly ticked, because as some of you know, I'm already dealing w/ an uncooperative host, but I text her back and say "ok, I hope everything's alright"...Don't hear from her again until 6pm and this is the TEXT that I get back: (word for word)

Host:
Sorry so long to respond. Cleaning lady stole federal property and caused accident in parking lot with van. I'm witness. Police not involved. Feds are. Will not let me go b/c I was involved. Husband mad as wet hen. Kids hungry. I'm cold. No party. Everything's ruined. :(
(sent text WITH the frowny face, which made my hit the floor in hysterical laughter!)

Me: You win excuse of the year for cancelling! I'll call you in a few days! Take care! Oh, and get those kids fed! j/k

Host: Trust me, I'd much rather be at my party

Isn't this funny? I almost text her back and asked her if took her this long to come up w/ this excuse! Could you imagine? She's a nice lady, so Im sure we will come up w/ another date, but this reason took the cake, I can't wait to hear about all this!

Like times infinity

So your not taking her seriously...it could happen. I guess I'm just to trusting, and her story is just too out there. Enough out there that , what if it is true...

Oh, I have no doubt that it is true! I just couldn't believe it! I have heard alot of excuses (reasons) before, but I just had to laugh at this one, I absolutely DO think it's true!

Poor woman..wouldn't this be an absolute awful ending to your day.

No kidding! I just think it's crazy, here you are, going about your day, get into a car accident that just so happens to lead to all this!

Be sure to tell all of us when you here the "rest of the story" :)!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Be sure to tell all of us when you here the "rest of the story" :)!

This...I am super curious!!

Wow! Poor lady! I can't wait to hear the whole story. At least you don't have to be mad because of the excuse she gave!

Oh, yes ... we are definitely going to want the update with all the details!!! Man, she has some exciting stuff to talk about for months to come! ;)

Oh my that is so nuts! Wow! I love her expression, too, "husband mad as wet hen". :D

that is definitely a good excuse.

priceless!

Great excuse..and if it is not true..she should win an award for coming up with that. But I don't think that that is something that I would ever be able to make up..LOL.

ok, had to share! Called the host today to see how her responses are coming for her show on Monday, yes Valentines Day! Yes, I did remind her it was V-day when we booked and she assured me her guests would not mind! And yes I am married, but husband works 2nd shift so no big deal with the date. Guess What! Show is now rescheduled. Everyone said they could not come because it was v-day and they had other plans! Glad it wasn't on Monday when I found out! Hope to get two shows in yet this month!!! Say a prayer for me!

Oh, I want to know the rest of the story on the feds!!!

What is "Best Cancellation Excuse Ever!"?

"Best Cancellation Excuse Ever!" is a humorous and creative excuse generator that helps users come up with unique and funny excuses for cancelling plans or appointments.

How does "Best Cancellation Excuse Ever!" work?

Users simply input the reason for their cancellation and the app generates a random excuse that is sure to make others laugh and forgive the cancellation.

Is "Best Cancellation Excuse Ever!" free to use?

Yes, "Best Cancellation Excuse Ever!" is completely free to use. There are no hidden fees or subscriptions required.

Can I customize the generated excuses?

Yes, users have the option to customize the generated excuses by adding their own personal touch or details to make it more believable or relatable.

Is "Best Cancellation Excuse Ever!" available on all devices?

Currently, "Best Cancellation Excuse Ever!" is only available as a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. However, a web version may be released in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • janetupnorth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tx_deputyswife
  • lkhartmann