• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Has Investing in a GPS System Revolutionized Your Business Operations?

In summary, the conversation revolved around discussing the best investments made for their businesses that were not product or PC related. Some popular choices mentioned included a fold-up table, a GPS system, a phone with various business features, a laptop, and a newsletter service. Some also mentioned non-physical investments such as a lifetime subscription to Chef Success and a print-at-home subscription to Designhergals. Despite the varying opinions on what the best investment was, it was clear that these items have greatly benefited their businesses and made their work easier and more efficient.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
What is the best investment you've made for your business that wasn't product/PC related? Big or small? Just thought it would be fun to share.

Until this year I would have told you it was the fold up table I have in my trunk. You don't know how many times people wanted me to set up on tv trays or coffee tables. That table has come in handy so many times.

But this year I invested in a GPS system. Never thought I needed one, figured I wouldn't use it. Even after I bought it I figured that I would possibly use it a few times and then forget about it. I love that thing! It's so handy. No more printing maps, turning on wrong roads, etc!

I think it is going to be my iphone. I'm still getting used to it but it is AWESOME!

I was going to say my laptop but I do thing the GPS tops that.

My laptop. And Tasty Tidbits! I've only just subscribed but I've gotten quite a few sales out of the emails I send out!

Well, the GPS was a prize DH won at work, so that's not really an investment...

I think the greatest thing for me is my phone, a Palm Pre. I didn't buy it specifically for my business, but I picked it with my business in mind. I tired the business in a binder thing, and it just didn't work for me: too many papers, too bulky, too passive. With the Pre, I can set reminders in the calendar for calling contacts, I have lists in the notes of the names of my recruit and show leads, the contacts infromation is very extensive, and I can export all new contacts out of P3 and import them into my Gmail contacts, and my Pre syncs with that. I can type notes right into the phone, or if I'm at home access the online version on my laptop. I can receive emails at any time of the day (external email is blocked at work). It has put my business at my fingertips, which eliminates a lot of the excuses I've had about making my contacts.

Have to agree with the laptop, and the GPS.

GPS and TT for sure!

My DH got my me laptop for Christmas a three years ago and my GPS two years ago. They are the absolute best and I would be lost without them.

For what I have actually spent $'s on I would say my newsletter service with TT. However, my Tammy Stanley CD's are inching their way to the top. :)

GPS has now not stopped me from traveling anywhere in Ct

I have GPS on my phone, and I love it!! My husband bought me a new laptop case for Christmas, and when I first opened it I thought "Aww, how sweet of him to think of my business, but I already have one." Turns out he knows me alot better than I thought. This case is awesome, with lots of pockets, and roomy, and slots for credit card and driver's license, and room for my phone and calculator! When I go to shows, I only have to carry this, no more purse PLUS the laptop case.

chef131doreen said:
GPS has now not stopped me from traveling anywhere in Ct

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what you mean. :confused:

My first thought was attending National Conference, but then I realized you said not related to PC. I think I'd have to list my phone (which I probably wouldn't have gotten if I wasn't doing PC); my fold-up, rolling table; and my print-at-home subscription to http://www.designhergals.com (which allows me to print all kinds of things with my weird little woman with flippy, red hair graphic). I don't trust GPS for finding addresses out here in the boonies. Everyone who uses it to try to find my house gets lost. I know it's a blessing to those who live out there with all the real people, though. :)

good ideas - I have been wanting a gps, laptop and iphone!!!!

My lifetime subscription to chef success!!!! What would i do without you!!!

NooraK said:
Well, the GPS was a prize DH won at work, so that's not really an investment...

I think the greatest thing for me is my phone, a Palm Pre. I didn't buy it specifically for my business, but I picked it with my business in mind. I tired the business in a binder thing, and it just didn't work for me: too many papers, too bulky, too passive. With the Pre, I can set reminders in the calendar for calling contacts, I have lists in the notes of the names of my recruit and show leads, the contacts infromation is very extensive, and I can export all new contacts out of P3 and import them into my Gmail contacts, and my Pre syncs with that. I can type notes right into the phone, or if I'm at home access the online version on my laptop. I can receive emails at any time of the day (external email is blocked at work). It has put my business at my fingertips, which eliminates a lot of the excuses I've had about making my contacts.

I was going to say my laptop, but now I'm wondering...I had no clue I could do all of that with my Palm Pre...except the email...

NooraK said:

what is a Palm Pre?

I've considered making the jump into a more high tech phone. Right now mine is just a basic cell phone. What cost is associated with having internet/email access, etc? Right now I pay about $60-70 a month for 1000 any time minutes, free call me minutes, free nights and weekend, texting, etc.

lorilynn95 said:
what is a Palm Pre?

It's a fabulous SmartPhone!

palm-pre.jpg

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre-family.html?CID=GSI_G_PalmPreControl_PalmPre&002=2271364&004=1312270049&005=4676619423&006=4745436329&007=search&008=

I sound like a commercial when I talk about it, but I just love mine. It's got some absolutely fabulous features, but unfortunately hasn't gotten the best press. I got mine through Sprint, but they are now available through Verizon as well, and an AT&T launch is imminent, though a date hasn't been announced.

The reason I love the syncing abilities with Google (and the backup on Palm's on profile) is that it not only allows me to update information on a computer, but if my phone dies, I don't lose my data.

As for our plan, we got the Any Time, Any Mobile with Everything Data Family Plan. The cost is $129/month for the two SmartPhone lines with 1500 minutes, free mobile-to-mobile on ANY network, unlimited text, picture, video and data/email/web. PC offers an 18% discount, but we get a 23% discount from our 9-5 employer, bringing the bill to about $110 with all the taxes.

I want the Palm Pre so bad I can't wait until I can get a phone upgrade. Which isn't until November. :(

I would definitely say a GPS.

I WISH I could say my cell phone...but I can't use it at home- where I'd make most of my business calls. I use the cell phone for my business line, but when I call from home, it drops my calls after 1-2 minutes!! SO IRRITATING (and I have full-strength signal!). (Verizon)

So I'd say my MacBook Pro. I got it used from a friend fortunately...it was "too big" for him- he traveled alot. I love it!

Laptop I got for x-mas to myself :) LOVE IT! Love the wifi too!

GPS DH got me for by b-day last year. Thought it was a little over the top at the time, now can't live without it!!

6" folding tables for fairs + my canopy for outdoor fairs in the fall.

Large storage cabinet that I have in the garage to store all my "extra" PC stuff that doesn't fit in the kitchen.

raebates said:
I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what you mean. :confused:

Rae, I think what she means is that, because she has GPS, she is not stopped from traveling anywhere in CT (not afraid of getting lost).

Gotcha. Thanks.

I have to add I-contact! I use it to send out my newsletter with a touch of a button.

You can track who opens, clicks, forwards and more.

Yesterday, I called through everyone who'd clicked on links but not ordered. I got over $200 in orders. One lady said it must be ment for her to order since she was thinking about it a few days ago and then I "happened" to call :)

Definitely my 10x10 pop up. I use that thing all the time. So many booths are outdoors here in TX and I am always hauling that sucker out! Best $100 we spent!!

So glad I have a laptop to take to my shows!! Brilliant!

Chef Kearns said:
Definitely my 10x10 pop up. I use that thing all the time. So many booths are outdoors here in TX and I am always hauling that sucker out! Best $100 we spent!!

So glad I have a laptop to take to my shows!! Brilliant!

So glad to hear that one as I just had one waiting for me on my door step that I earned in the Outdoor promotion for Recruiting. Its not exactly light but excited to use it!

1. What is the best business investment for a Pampered Chef consultant?

The best business investment for a Pampered Chef consultant would be investing in our starter kit. It includes all the tools and resources you need to get started and be successful as a consultant, such as product samples, catalogs, and business supplies.

2. Is it worth investing in attending Pampered Chef conferences and events?

Yes, attending Pampered Chef conferences and events is a great business investment. They provide valuable training, networking opportunities, and the chance to learn about new products and strategies to grow your business.

3. Should I invest in marketing materials for my Pampered Chef business?

Investing in marketing materials, such as business cards and flyers, can be beneficial for promoting your Pampered Chef business. However, we also offer digital marketing tools and social media training, which can be more cost-effective and reach a wider audience.

4. What are the benefits of investing in a Pampered Chef website?

A Pampered Chef website is a great business investment as it allows you to reach customers outside of your immediate network and provides a convenient way for customers to browse and purchase products. It also offers helpful tools for managing your business and tracking sales.

5. How much should I invest in my Pampered Chef business?

The amount you should invest in your Pampered Chef business varies and depends on your goals and budget. We recommend starting with the minimum investment for the starter kit, and then gradually investing more as your business grows and you see a return on your investment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • chefdeb410
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Beth1170