• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Berries and Wonton Cups Recipe for Your Next Grill Party

In summary, this conversation is about a recipe for Berries N' Cream Wonton Cups that was posted in Weekly Bites. The recipe is also featured in the Good For You Cookbook. The conversation includes tips on making the wonton cups, as well as the pink ribbons made from confectionery candy coating wafers. The confusion is clarified about how to make the ribbons and what ingredients can be used as substitutes.
jrstephens
Didn't we just have a recipe for this in Weekly Bites? I thought I saw this. I keep looking for it but cannot find it. I want to do this for a grilling show this weekend.

It's in the Good For You Cookbook.

jrstephens said:
Didn't we just have a recipe for this in Weekly Bites? I thought I saw this. I keep looking for it but cannot find it. I want to do this for a grilling show this weekend.

Here you go...

Berries N’ Cream Wonton Cups

24 square wonton wrappers
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (for a special taste, add 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon to this)
1 container (8 oz.) low-fat strawberry yogurt
1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping, divided
1 cup raspberries or strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
2 teaspoons powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using pastry brush, brush one side of each wonton wrapper with melted butter. Sprinkle wontons evenly with sugar using flour/sugar shaker. Press each wonton, sugared side up, into cups of deluxe mini muffin pan, the slightly twist using the Tart Shaper. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.

Remove wontons from pan to stackable cooling rack, cool completely. You can do this up to a few days ahead and store them in an air-tight container.

Place yogurt in small batter bowl, fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping.

Attach closed star tip to easy accent decorator, fill with remaining cool whip. Using small scoop, scoop yogurt mixture into each wonton. Top each wonton with one raspberry and two blueberries. Garnish with whipped topping, sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Serve immediately.

Thanks for posting it Lisa Ann! I think the Its Good For You Book is the only one I do not have, ha!

We made them last night at our meeting and I loved them.

I found my weekly bites. This one leaves out the berriesand adds Pink Ribbon - which by the way I do NOT understand how they are saying make them!:

May Recipe
To maximize the May specials, prepare this delicious recipe that utilizes the Mini Measure-All® Cup and features candy help Whip Cancer® Ribbons.

Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups

24 square wonton wrappers
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 container (8 ounces) low-fat strawberry yogurt
1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping, divided
2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Help Whip Cancer® Ribbons (optional, see below)

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, brush one side of each wonton wrapper with melted butter. Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over wontons using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Press wontons, sugared side up, into cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown; remove from oven. Remove wontons from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Place yogurt into Small Batter Bowl. Measure 1 cup of the whipped topping using Mini Measure-All® Cup; fold into yogurt. Attach closed star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping.

Using Small Scoop, scoop yogurt mixture into wontons. Garnish with whipped topping; powdered sugar and Help Whip Cancer® Ribbons. Serve immediately.
Yield: 24 wontons

Help Whip Cancer® Ribbons: Spoon melted pink confectionery coating candy wafers into resealable plastic bag. Trim corner of bag; pipe ribbon shapes onto a chilled Chillzanne® Rectangle Server lined with Parchment Paper. Allow ribbons to set about 5 minutes before carefully removing from parchment.

Cook's Tips: White confectionery coating wafers, tinted pink with oil-based candy colors can be substituted for the pink confectionery coating wafers. Oil-based candy colors can be found at craft stores or stores that carry cake-decorating supplies. Do not use liquid food coloring; it will cause coating to harden.

Unfilled wonton cups can be prepared up to 1 week in advance. Prepare cups as directed in Step 1. Store wontons in a resealable plastic food storage bag or airtight container at room temperature. Prepare filling and fill wonton cups just before serving.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2004

Are you confused on making the ribbons, or the whole dessert?

The ribbons are pink "chocolate", piped out into the awareness ribbon shape. If you pipe them out onto the chilled insert from the Chillzanne Rectangle, they'll set up really fast.

chefann said:
Are you confused on making the ribbons, or the whole dessert?

The ribbons are pink "chocolate", piped out into the awareness ribbon shape. If you pipe them out onto the chilled insert from the Chillzanne Rectangle, they'll set up really fast.

I am confused about the ribbons? What is confectionary candy coating wafers? I have never heard of this. Could I melt white chocolate baking squares and dye them pink; and pipe them?

jrstephens said:
I am confused about the ribbons? What is confectionary candy coating wafers? I have never heard of this. Could I melt white chocolate baking squares and dye them pink; and pipe them?
Yes, you could. The confectionary wafers are little discs that you can find in the Cake Dec aisle of a craft store. Wilton is one brand. They are tinted many colors and melt easily.

Basically, they're the same as the white baking squares, but with a little extra shortening in them.

Thanks Ann! If Walmart does not have it here, I cannot get it. I will look for these but I think I already have some squares on hand.

I was wondering too? Can you dye the confectioner sugar? I thought it would be pretty if you could and then have pink sugar on top instead of the ribbons. But I figure that will make the sugar mess up when it get wet to dye it. I just got some Wilton gel dye on clearance the other night.

If you use paste food coloring (again, cake dec aisle), you can probably color the confectioner's cugar. If that's too much bother, you can pick up some colored sugar crystals or sprinkles and use those.

Wally World probably does have the discs. They might be near the craft area, or near bakeware.

Thanks! I will look tonight when I go buy groceries. I want to do these this weekend at my Couples Grilling Show and next week for a Bridal Shower. I told both of these host I would provide a dessert for all their hard work, and I want something simple. And these seem to not cost a lot either.

For a bridal shower, you could get the discs in the wedding colors and make a little swirl or flower shape.
:)

Hi Jennifer, I was wondering how you will do this for a grilling party?

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
Hi Jennifer, I was wondering how you will do this for a grilling party?

I am going to bake the Wontons ahead of time and just do the filling at the show. The women will be inside for a demo while the men are outside grilling with PC tools.

Ok sounds like a good idea, I have one on the 2nd and was wondering about that. Thank you for sharing.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
Ok sounds like a good idea, I have one on the 2nd and was wondering about that. Thank you for sharing.

Your welcome.

1. What is a "Berries and Wonton Cup"?

A "Berries and Wonton Cup" is a delicious appetizer or dessert made with wonton wrappers that are filled with a mixture of fresh berries and a sweet cream cheese filling.

2. How do I make Wonton Cups for this recipe?

To make Wonton Cups for this recipe, you will need to lightly brush the wonton wrappers with oil and press them into a mini muffin tin to create a cup shape. Then, bake them in the oven until they are golden and crispy.

3. Can I use frozen berries for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen berries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before using them in the filling. This will prevent the cups from becoming too watery.

4. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these ahead of time. The wonton cups can be baked and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. The filling can also be prepared and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Assemble the cups right before serving for the best results.

5. What other variations can I make with this recipe?

There are many variations you can make with this recipe. Instead of berries, you can use other fruits like peaches, apples, or even canned pie filling. You can also add in different flavors like lemon or almond extract to the cream cheese filling for a different taste. Get creative and try out different combinations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniann
  • Tanya423
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tanya423
Replies