• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Holiday Sales Boost? How Can Berkshire Hathaway Employees Help?

In summary, Berkshire Hathaway Employees receive a 10% discount for any online orders placed during December 1-31. This offer is available to Berkshire Hathaway employees and their affiliates. If you are an employee of a Berkshire Hathaway company and you purchase an item from an online retailer during this period, you will qualify for the discount. This promotion is available to all Berkshire Hathaway companies, not just those owned by Berkshire Hathaway.
jzramom
Have you all seen? How do you think we should be marketing this?

Berkshire Hathaway Employees Receive 10% Discount for Any Online Orders During December

To help you increase sales and booking opportunities, we've reached out to our Berkshire Hathaway affiliates and introduced a great way to boost online ordering this holiday season. We're offering a 10% discount to Berkshire Hathaway employees for any online orders placed December 1-31. If any of your existing customers are Berkshire Hathaway employees, encourage them to order from your Personal Web Site to receive the 10% discount*. Be sure to follow up with any Berkshire Hathaway employee who submits an online order about hosting a Show in December or January. Share how generous our host program is and be sure to promote the December and January host specials, too.

I dunno. I had never even heard of Berkshire Hathaway before this announcement so I have no idea what to do with it. LOL Now i know about BH but I still have no idea who they are, where they are, or what they offer! hehehe

Berkshire Hathaway is the Company that bought PC from Doris a few years ago.

Do you know if this is for all employees of all companies owned by BH or just BH corporate?

It says affiliates, so that includes the companies owned by BH. IMO. That's a LOT of people!

I know of Dairy Queen and Geico employees but who else?

Found this on the net:
Berkshire Hathaway Company DescriptionBerkshire Hathaway is where Warren Buffett, the world's richest man, spreads his risk by investing in a variety of companies, from insurance and building materials to apparel and furniture retailers. Insurance subsidiaries include National Indemnity, GEICO Corporation, and reinsurance giant General Re. The company also owns McLane Company, Dairy Queen, Clayton Homes, and MidAmerican Energy Holdings. In 2006 it bought press release distributor Business Wire, sportswear company Russell, and 80% of ISCAR Metalworking, an Israel-based maker of metal-cutting tools and the first foreign company in which Berkshire has a controlling stake. Buffett owns about a third of Berkshire Hathaway.
---Of course, since the discount is only on online orders, the easiest way to market it is to mention it in customer newsletters. The people it affects would know whether they're eligible.

I'm curious...how does the computer know that they are in fact a BH employee..
Anyone can type in that code...
?????

I'm curious, too!

ChefNic said:
I'm curious...how does the computer know that they are in fact a BH employee..
Anyone can type in that code...
?????

Was the code in the email? Or is it something that would go only to eligible employees on a paycheck, for example?

Does this mean that I can contact employees of my local Dairy Queen (that is the only business I know in my area) to see if they want to order/have a show???:p

:chef:

That's a fine line. You could go in there and mention to the manager that they can get a 10% discount when ordering online through your PWS. And take a flyer for the breakroom. But any more than that (without being invited by management) would probably be considered soliciting.

chefann said:
Was the code in the email? Or is it something that would go only to eligible employees on a paycheck, for example?

It's on the flyer...

How about if I send them the flyer in the mail???

I will put a label over the PC website with my website so they will go directly to my website.

They then can do what they want to do and what do you think about this ???

whiteyteresa said:
Does this mean that I can contact employees of my local Dairy Queen (that is the only business I know in my area) to see if they want to order/have a show???:p

The discount is only for online orders...not shows. But they may just decide to host!...but i agree...could be solicitation...but the worst that would happen is they'd say..."No soliciting,..you must leave ' ...just grab a sundae on your way out! :)
:thumbup:

ChefNic said:
The discount is only for online orders...not shows. But they may just decide to host!...but i agree...could be solicitation...but the worst that would happen is they'd say..."No soliciting,..you must leave ' ...just grab a sundae on your way out! :)
:thumbup:

So many perks for us

The things that we must do to get orders/shows:angel:

The only thing that annoys me about this is that I have a host that would qualify and he can't use his past host discount AND this 10% off. I think that's unfair b/c he should be rewarded for having a show too.

Here is a list of the subsidiaries:

Acme Brick Company
International Dairy Queen, Inc.
Applied Underwriters
Iscar Metalworking Companies
Ben Bridge Jeweler
Johns Manville
Benjamin Moore & Co.
Jordan's Furniture
Berkshire Hathaway Group
Justin Brands
Berkshire Hathaway Homestates Companies
Larson-Juhl
BoatU.S.
Marmon Holdings, Inc.
Borsheims Fine Jewelry
McLane Company
Buffalo NEWS, Buffalo NY
Medical Protective
Business Wire
MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company
Central States Indemnity Company
MiTek Inc.
Clayton Homes
National Indemnity Company
CORT Business Services
Nebraska Furniture Mart
CTB Inc.
NetJets®
Fechheimer Brothers Company
The Pampered Chef®
FlightSafety
Precision Steel Warehouse, Inc.
Forest River
RC Willey Home Furnishings
Fruit of the Loom®
Scott Fetzer Companies
Garan Incorporated
See's Candies
Gateway Underwriters Agency
Shaw Industries
GEICO Auto Insurance
Star Furniture
General Re
TTI, Inc.
Helzberg Diamonds
United States Liability Insurance Group
H.H. Brown Shoe Group
Wesco Financial Corporation
HomeServices of America, a subsidiary of
MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company
XTRA Corporation

I used to work for Jordan's Furniture, one of BH companies and spoke with someone in HR last week who is bringing the flyer to the corporate meeting and going to see if they can get approval to notify stores and they are trying to get ok'd to use just my website on the flyer. They have 4 stores as well as the giangantic warehouse so hopefully that will be fruitful but there is no telling. In fact she was to call me back today and I haven't heard nothing, will have to give her a call.

I just tried calling and got the answering machine. Left a message as well as emailed her so hopefully will hear something soon :) What a help this could be for my December SAT

Hey I know all of you work for PC would you like to order from my website and get your 10% off, :D

LOL Thanks for the offer but I need to find me a job, got any suggestions? LOL

What is the Berkshire Hathaway Promotion?

The Berkshire Hathaway Promotion is an exclusive opportunity offered by Pampered Chef to its consultants. It allows consultants to earn bonus rewards and incentives by meeting certain sales and recruiting goals.

How do I qualify for the Berkshire Hathaway Promotion?

To qualify for the Berkshire Hathaway Promotion, you must be a current Pampered Chef consultant and meet the specific sales and recruiting requirements set by the company. These requirements may vary depending on your level within the company.

What are the rewards and incentives for the Berkshire Hathaway Promotion?

The rewards and incentives for the Berkshire Hathaway Promotion can include cash bonuses, free products, and exclusive experiences. These rewards are based on the level of achievement and can vary each year.

When does the Berkshire Hathaway Promotion take place?

The Berkshire Hathaway Promotion typically takes place annually, with a specific start and end date set by the company. It is usually announced in advance to give consultants time to prepare and work towards their goals.

Can I participate in the Berkshire Hathaway Promotion if I am not a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, the Berkshire Hathaway Promotion is exclusively for Pampered Chef consultants. However, if you are interested in participating, you can sign up to become a consultant and take advantage of this and other exciting opportunities offered by the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allisonserna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies