• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Believe Fundraiser--Anyone Familiar With?

In summary, the speaker is the chair for fundraisers at their child's school. They have done various fundraisers in the past but are currently considering a new one. They have had issues with a pushy representative and are seeking advice on different fundraisers, including a possible Pampered Chef one. Other participants in the conversation suggest that a Pampered Chef fundraiser would not be a conflict of interest and could potentially raise more money for the organization.
flemings99
Gold Member
I'm chair for fundraisers @ my kids school. While I'd love to do a PC one, it's not ethical as I'm the only person making the decision as to who to contract with next yr.

The past 2 yrs. we've done entertainment books/sallyfoster/cookie dough with the same group. This is my 1st yr. in charge and the rep is driving me nuts! Tells me one thing and then does something different and is extremely pushy! Plus, I've been told we've done better in previous yrs. with other companies. Our PTA pres. doesn't want anything to do with it and has told me to do whatever I want.

I'm currently strongly considering Believe Kids fundraisers, but curious if anyone has 1. ever purchased from a fundraiser of theirs and 2. know anything from the chair stand point. If you have a different fundraiser that is your fav. let me know as well.

Otis Spunkmeyer has been a favorite, but they are much higher priced and also have less quantity in each pkg.

Thanks in advance!

Just want to say, I feel your pain. I am wrapping up our school's Entertainment Book fundraiser. What a weird company to work with, or at least my rep. I am still in shock that she didn't care if the books were returned or not, didn't count how many were returned, and is taking my word for it on how many to invoice us for. She also never checked in with me to see if I needed anything. Not very supportive. They must make their money from the merchants advertising in the book.

I was new to our school last year. I believe they had done Sally Foster but switched to Innisbrook for wrapping paper last year. I think they're getting a higher cut from Innisbrook and some other terms may have been better than Sally Foster.

My kids nursery school did KidsStuff books. One person told me she would rather get this than the Entertainment book. KIDSTUFFCOUPONBOOK.COM

We also have fundraiser nights at restaurants, usually one a month. The big fundraiser is a fall festival. Talk about lots of work!

I think if you write up a proposal and present it to the PTA board to do a PC fundraiser, they would be fine with it. No one wants to deal with fundraising so they should be happy you're willing to put the time and effort into it. If you feel there's a conflict, donate all of your commission from it, but I wouldn't.

I think Becca is right. You could do the whole catalog or just cookbooks or just spices. I mean really, what could be easier than talking to a rep who already knows the products, the school and what to do! Unless you are one to talk yourself out in public, you won't be arguing with the reps or misunderstanding them, and you would know exactly what is happening every step of the way! And I am sorry but I too do not see it as a conflict of interest especially since every decision is being left to you. If anyone says anything, you simply state that you wanted to do something that you could handle very easily and without interference from an outside company.

and be honest, PC fundraisers can actually raise more money for an organization because they don't jack their prices to cover the "donation" to the organization. I refuse to buy Boy Scout popcorn because it's so expensive. Girls Scout cookies are starting to get that way too, but they have a flavor or two that you can only get through them. It's a win-win. If anyone complains, tell them they are free to help you with the fundraising in the future. This means not just the decisions, but also all of the legwork.

I agree - I think it's fine to offer a PC fundraiser, and if you feel weird about it - offer all your commission, minus your expenses (catalogs, etc). I usually offer an extra 5 - 10%, which only leaves me 12 to 7% commission - which usually just about covers my expenses!

What is the Believe Fundraiser?

The Believe Fundraiser is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows organizations to raise funds by selling high-quality kitchen products.

How does the Believe Fundraiser work?

Organizations sign up for the Believe Fundraiser and receive a catalog of Pampered Chef products to sell. They can then promote the fundraiser to their supporters and collect orders. Pampered Chef will handle the shipping and delivery of the products to the customers.

How much money can organizations make with the Believe Fundraiser?

The amount organizations can earn through the Believe Fundraiser varies depending on the number of products sold. Typically, organizations can earn 15-20% of their total sales as profit.

Are there any upfront costs for organizations to participate in the Believe Fundraiser?

No, there are no upfront costs for organizations to participate in the Believe Fundraiser. Pampered Chef provides all of the materials needed for the fundraiser, including catalogs and order forms, at no cost.

How long does the Believe Fundraiser last?

The Believe Fundraiser typically lasts 2-3 weeks, but organizations can request an extension if needed. Pampered Chef recommends a shorter timeframe to create a sense of urgency and increase sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
debswork
  • PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • mandydollie