• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Being Searched on Our Website Including Beta

In summary, the conversation revolved around the frustration of not being able to be searched on the company's website unless a minimum sales requirement of $1250 was met. The speaker also expressed concern about customers not being connected to the nearest consultant and losing sales due to website issues. Other participants in the conversation agreed with the unfairness of the requirement and suggested changes to improve the system.
leshelman
Gold Member
I have been selling Pampered Chef since July of 2013 so I have been here for 6 months. Within the first couple of weeks I was noticing that I was not able to be searched on the Beta site... I thought it was just because I was new and then I never saw it for weeks and weeks. I called the home office and asked them about it. Did anyone know that in our agreements it states that we can only be found on the website if we sell a minimum of $1250 the prior month??

I think that a consultant should be able to be looked up on our website no matter how much they sell... yes it is a perk that our big sellers get to put their name out there BUT if someone that lives 4 blocks away from me is buying from another consultant IN A DIFFERENT TOWN that just does not seem right! I am paying quite a bit of money for my e-biz tools and then they want to tell me that I can't be looked up unless I sold the minimum requirement? I still am having trouble finding people to have/book shows for me and I am relying on my people I have found at craft shows/vendor fairs to place orders. I think Christmas is helping me BIG TIME this month. Not sure what to do about next month.

I think that a customer should be located and connected to the NEAREST consultant that is active. How can I get my sales up to the minimum of $1250 if I cannot get any new customers to get me some sales from by website.

Jut to clarify, I do understand that EVERYONE can be looked up on the website as long as the customer already knows your FIRST and LAST Names AND your location... (You wouldn't get any new customers because they would already have to know you). I have spoke to the home office and they are not willing to talk to me... or they just "kindly" offer that it is in your Consultant Agreement!

Does anyone agree with this? Or am I the only one that seems to think this is somewhat "unfair"?:confused:

Wow, good to know. I just started and I will have to keep that in mind that I won't be getting any customers through the website. Situation still sucks but I guess its a "perk" of doing that level of sales.

It's been like that for ages. Matter of fact, when I signed up to be a consultant, they assigned me to a director who lived almost a half hour away in the next suburb over. I later learned, there was another director about 5 blocks away. It would have been a LOT more convenient.I quit paying for the website after I lost a big order from a friend - my friend was making an order at work on her break and didn't finish. When she went back, the website had timed her out and my sale went to another random consultant. I called them and they wouldn't do anything. Other than say I should tell my friend to return everything and place the order again. At least they've changed things so links in emails take you to YOUR site, not the corporate site. I just think it's clunky - having to send directions that have to be followed exactly, or you don't get credit for your sales. I've suggested PC change it so when placing orders, the last thing a customer gets asked is "who is your consultant", like other direct sales company websites.Having to know the zip code of your consultant is ridiculous, IMO.

with today's technology, it does seem pretty archaic how they have it set up.And the $1250 in sales is actually a far cry better than what it used to be! I think that before we had to be a Team Leader or something. But yes, I think it gives an unfair advantage and makes it harder for consultants to work with in their local realm. I get that they want you to "get out there", but why should business that would otherwise have been with me, go to a town away?? I think the requirement should be something lower.But look at it this way. If you are doing 3 shows a month (or less, if you have a high average), you'll hit that $1250. I think they want customers serviced by consultants who are actively working the business, versus someone who is part-time/hobby.

I would think a cookie could/should be put in place for 90 days or at least 30 days, that way your friend would have been where she needed to be. I mean if you get a customer to come to your website/order page you should get the credit. I am new and what i see here isn't a good motivator. Also why not give new consultants 90 days on web site searchable and if the $1250 is not met then stop it and tell consultant that they are no longer searchable until 1250 is met.
ShellBeach said:
It's been like that for ages. Matter of fact, when I signed up to be a consultant, they assigned me to a director who lived almost a half hour away in the next suburb over. I later learned, there was another director about 5 blocks away. It would have been a LOT more convenient.I quit paying for the website after I lost a big order from a friend - my friend was making an order at work on her break and didn't finish. When she went back, the website had timed her out and my sale went to another random consultant. I called them and they wouldn't do anything. Other than say I should tell my friend to return everything and place the order again. At least they've changed things so links in emails take you to YOUR site, not the corporate site. I just think it's clunky - having to send directions that have to be followed exactly, or you don't get credit for your sales. I've suggested PC change it so when placing orders, the last thing a customer gets asked is "who is your consultant", like other direct sales company websites.Having to know the zip code of your consultant is ridiculous, IMO.

I also agree that a new consultant should be searchable no matter how much they sell for the first 30 to 90 days... because it would be a great way to help get the word out about yourself. I suggested this to PC and they said it was "impossible to do this"... but I still am trying to figure out why it would be impossible, maybe because they would have to rewrite the consultant contract??

What does "Being Searched on Our Website Including Beta" mean?

"Being Searched on Our Website Including Beta" refers to the process of using our website's search function, which includes our beta features, to find specific products or information.

How do I search for products on your website?

To search for products on our website, simply click on the search bar located at the top of the page. You can then type in keywords, product names, or item numbers to find what you are looking for.

What are beta features and how do they impact my search?

Beta features are new or experimental features that are still being tested and may not be available to all users. These features may impact your search results by providing additional options or filters.

Can I filter my search results?

Yes, you can filter your search results by various criteria such as price, category, ratings, and more. Simply click on the "Filter" button located on the search results page and select your desired filters.

What if I can't find the product I'm looking for?

If you are having trouble finding a specific product, try using different keywords or filters to narrow down your search. You can also reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Robin R
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kristyjab
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ChefJen2012