• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Before I Call Ho... Cookware Problem

In summary, a customer brought in 4 pieces of Executive Cookware that she claims is chipping despite following the product's instructions. The consultant's husband suspects that the cookware may have been put through the dishwasher, as some divots have dishwasher powder in them. The customer has a history of returning products and has asked the consultant to handle the return this time. However, it is suggested that the customer handle the return herself as she is a former consultant and knows how to handle returns. The consultant also notices that the damage on the cookware looks like it may have been caused by using a brillo pad, and suggests using a kitchen brush instead. It is agreed that the customer should contact home office to handle the return herself.
vanscootin
Gold Member
I customer brought me 4 peices of her Executive Cookware today. She says that she has done everything the product use and care said but the cookware is still chipping. My hubby took a look and he thinks that they have been through the dishwasher because it looks as though some of the divits have dishwasher powder in it.

The thing is, this customer as a former consultant and now consults for another DS company. She hosted a show in January and pitched a fit because the 50% host rewards didn't start until $500. She called HO to complain... these pans are not from that show, nor was I the consultant when she got them. This will be the 4th thing that she has asked me to return/exchange for her.

The cookware does have a few imperfections that do not look like normal wear and tear as you can see from the pictures. How should I handle this? My thinking is I will call HO, see what they have to say, and then maybe email the pictures because I refuse to spend any more of my own money to fix these problems.

Just thought I would get some input before I called. TIA!

Attachments

• pot2.jpg
    pot2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 486
  • pot7.jpg
    pot7.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 520
Honestly I would let her call and send them back.

I would give the cookware back to her, and let her know that she needs to call home office because they will have some questions for her about the use and care of her cookware that only she can answer, so it's better if she talks to them directly. Especially if she didn't purchase the cookware from you.

ChefBeckyD said:
I would give the cookware back to her, and let her know that she needs to call home office because they will have some questions for her about the use and care of her cookware that only she can answer, so it's better if she talks to them directly. Especially if she didn't purchase the cookware from you.

I completely agree!

I always tell my customers that as consultants we are not allowed to handle returns - especially for life time stuff. I have too much else going on in my life to take care of returns for them (I don't tell them that!).

It almost looks like someone used a brillo pad around the rivets to help get food off the rivets. Is it doing it any where else on the pan? Is it doing it on all the pans she gave you?

She needs to call HO herself.

She is a past consultant so she knows how to handle a return. She is using you to not have to answer those questions herself. I don't send products back for customers. The warranty is for them and they need to be the ones to take advantage of it. Give her the cookware back with the phone number to call and take care of it herself.

wadesgirl said:
I always tell my customers that as consultants we are not allowed to handle returns - especially for life time stuff. I have too much else going on in my life to take care of returns for them (I don't tell them that!).

It almost looks like someone used a brillo pad around the rivets to help get food off the rivets. Is it doing it any where else on the pan? Is it doing it on all the pans she gave you?

Exactly what I thought, too!

kam said:
Exactly what I thought, too!

If it's on every pan, that's got to be what's going on! You cannot expect the brillo to just hit the rivets. And I know the rivets are hard to clean but I've never hand a problem just using the kitchen brush on them.

wadesgirl said:
If it's on every pan, that's got to be what's going on! You cannot expect the brillo to just hit the rivets. And I know the rivets are hard to clean but I've never hand a problem just using the kitchen brush on them.

I know when I have had something really baked on - it is VERY tempting to grab the brillo!! But, I am always able to stop myself and soak it for a little bit or let really hot water run on it. Or sometimes I use the stoneware scraper to work at it.

I hadn't thought of the kitchen brush - good idea!!

wadesgirl said:

It's not on every pan... that picture is the 3qt sauce pan... the bottoms are also cracked/chipped etc. The thing is they are not scratched... they are gouged. How the h e double hockey sticks does that even happen?

I have a few of our cookware pieces... I'm slowly building/replacing since my hubby bought me new cookware for Christmas the same year I signed as a consultant. I am by no means nice to my pans, especially my 12" skillet. That thing is a beast and has handled everything I've put it through. It still looks as new as the day I took it out of the box!

I guess I will give the cookware back and have her call HO herself... I'm all about great customer service but seriously.

Did she use it as a hammer? I am guessing she is hoping that you can just use the adjustment feature and it will all be good. Sounds like maybe she was a consultant that bent the rules in that way - found a loop hole when wanting to return things that were out of warranty. Complained about something within the first 30 cause she knew they HO was unlikely to ask for it back, that kind of thing. They will definitely want to talk to her. I had a piece of cookware to return and it was my own piece, they were not any more lenient on me being a consultant and supposedly knowing what to do with the pans.

vanscootin said:
It's not on every pan... that picture is the 3qt sauce pan... the bottoms are also cracked/chipped etc. The thing is they are not scratched... they are gouged. How the h e double hockey sticks does that even happen?

I have a few of our cookware pieces... I'm slowly building/replacing since my hubby bought me new cookware for Christmas the same year I signed as a consultant. I am by no means nice to my pans, especially my 12" skillet. That thing is a beast and has handled everything I've put it through. It still looks as new as the day I took it out of the box!

I guess I will give the cookware back and have her call HO herself... I'm all about great customer service but seriously.
Weird! When you give them back to her just tell her that they are now enforcing the lifetime guarantee and that she needs to answer a few questions by calling HO herself.

kam said:
I know when I have had something really baked on - it is VERY tempting to grab the brillo!! But, I am always able to stop myself and soak it for a little bit or let really hot water run on it. Or sometimes I use the stoneware scraper to work at it.

I hadn't thought of the kitchen brush - good idea!!
Kitchen brush is a must! We don't even have brillo in our house so I'm never tempted to grab it!

I have found that past consultants are some of the worst customers. I have two good friends who used to sell, and they area bit frustrating.

lesliec said:
I have found that past consultants are some of the worst customers. I have two good friends who used to sell, and they area bit frustrating.

I can't help but think that she remembers how easy lifetime guarantee returns used to be, and is hoping that she'll just get a new pan, and you'll ship it back for her...

I gave my mom/stepdad a saute pan for Christmas..and it's not cooking evenly. Because I purchased it with host special through one of my shows (I was not host), I called HO to ask the process of return...I was told to have the "owner" of it call because they had questions to answer. So even for my own mother, I'm making her call HO :)

About a year and a half ago I brought my 10" Executive cookware skillet to CA with my (from VA). I packed it in the front (outside) pocket of my big suitcase, with the lid. Stupidly, I didn't think to put a protector or towel or anything in between. When I got home I found the edges of the pan were gouged and scraped. Totally my fault, can't make a claim to HO.

Now, a year and a half later, I'm excited to bring it to my sister's party this Saturday. She's having the party so she can buy a new skillet (great timing, right?), and I'm going to show how even with all that abuse, damage, and time, there is still NO FLAKING. Except for those areas, the pan is still in perfect condition.

I'm thinking, since the suitcase was in the baggage section, and probably had a ton of weight from other suitcases on top of it, and my pan retained only minor damage, this customer/ex-consultant must be having quite a bit of non-normal daily use fun with her cookware!!

1. What should I do before calling about a cookware problem?

Before calling about a cookware problem, make sure you have the following information ready: the name and model number of the product, a detailed description of the issue, and any relevant photos or videos. This will help our customer service team assist you more efficiently.

2. Can I return or exchange my cookware if I have a problem with it?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If you are not satisfied with your cookware, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

3. My cookware is damaged, what should I do?

If your cookware is damaged, please do not use it. Contact our customer service team immediately for assistance. Do not attempt to fix the cookware yourself as it may void the warranty.

4. Is my cookware covered by a warranty?

Yes, all of our cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty. This covers any defects in materials or workmanship. Please keep your original receipt as proof of purchase.

5. Can I use my cookware on all types of stovetops?

Our cookware is suitable for use on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, please refer to the specific product details to ensure compatibility with your stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chellb1234
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies