• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beer Bread: What's Your Favorite Beer to Use?

In summary, everyone seems to use different types of beer in their beer bread. Some people use Bud Light, while others prefer Coors Light. The variations of the beer bread recipe include using different sodas, with or without cheese, and with or without nuts or fruits.
BettieC
Gold Member
What kind of beer does everyone use? Or do you use water or sparkling juice?

Have you tried different beers and like one particular one, or really hated one particular one?

TIA
Bettie

I have made it once and used bud light.

Well I've made beer bread once and I used Bud because that's what my husband drinks and what was in the house.

It was delicious, best I've tasted and other agreed.

The first time I ever had beer bread it was tastefully simple at a TS party and coors light was used. It was good and kind of sweet. I had TS again at our Holiday Cluster Meeting:eek::D and Coor Light was also used, pretty similar to previous.

Then next time and first time I had PC beer bread coors light again was used and it was good but at time I'd preffered TS.

My favorite was when I made it with regular Bud, so that's what I would reccomend.

My DH drinks Bud Light, so I've used that. I usually get Miller Lite b/c it's a little cheaper. But don't use CHEAP beer. The taste is too strong.

Sooo.. I vote Bud Light or Miller Lite

I've done the beer bread at my shows and most of the hosts have Bud Lite or Coors Lite.
Either works really well. In addition to the bread I mix some of the dipping oil seasoning. I do one of each, serving in the small bamboo bowls. I've gotten good response from the beer bread and both dipping oil seasonings. I've have even gotten "replenishment" orders for the bread mix and the seasonings.

I have also done the Salsa cheesy bread receipe on the back of the beer bread mix box. It was really good but next time I make it I will add sliced or diced jalapenos.

Vicky

I use Blue Moon, but that is what I drink. Has a citrusy flavor, yum

We like it made with ginger ale.

I really like it with Sierra Mist. Sprite is okay, but almost a little too sweet.

I have tried it many ways...I find the sodas make it more like a cake/muffin type. I usually use non alcoholic beer & once used regular, I found the non alcoholic tasted better, it is not as strong.....HTH

I like it bset with Sam Adams Lager.

The type of beer you like as an ingredient in your beer bread will depend on the type of beer you like to drink. It's like the advice about cooking with wine - only cook with wine you'd drink because you still get the flavors. :) I've made it with whatever we have in the house, usually Corona, Labatt's, or whatever one of DH's buddies brought over. The salsa and cheese variation on the box is also EXCELLENT.

chefann said:
The type of beer you like as an ingredient in your beer bread will depend on the type of beer you like to drink. It's like the advice about cooking with wine - only cook with wine you'd drink because you still get the flavors. :)

I've made it with whatever we have in the house, usually Corona, Labatt's, or whatever one of DH's buddies brought over. The salsa and cheese variation on the box is also EXCELLENT.

Thanks for the heads up, I've never noticed that...:eek:
Going downstairs to check it out...;)

I second the Blue Moon... It does give it a slight citrus taste.

I make it with Heineken because that's what my hubby has around... it's good. Unique flavor but I love it and everyone raves when they try it at my shows or at vendor tables (i put it out with the dipping seasonings). Just today I got orders for the beer bread and the seasonings... I make a loaf, cut in cubes and freeze what I don't use for the next vendor show. Works great and you don't have to keep making it.

Hmmm...we just bought a variety pack of Michelob Ultra. Pomegranate, a lime-type flavor and an orange-type flavor. I bet one of these would taste really great in the bread...

I'm not a beer drinker so I wouldn't know about the flavor of one brand over another. I use regular Bud because that's what my friend used (her's was the first beer bread I tried). For drinking I don't like the tast of beer, but for bread I love it!

I've used beer, and all sorts of other carbonated beverages.

Orange Soda is really good, and then throw in some grated orange rind, some chopped dried cranberries and chopped walnuts for a really good Cranberry/Orange Bread.

I like to use Club Soda, and add Southwest Seasoning and Cheddar Cheese.

Try 7-Up or Sprite, and some lemon and lime grated rinds, and blueberries....that's really yummy too!

What is beer bread?

Beer bread is a type of bread that is made with beer instead of yeast as a leavening agent. The carbonation in the beer helps the bread to rise and gives it a unique flavor.

Can I use any type of beer for beer bread?

Yes, you can use any type of beer for beer bread. However, different types of beer will give the bread different flavors. For a sweeter bread, use a lager or pilsner. For a more robust flavor, try using a darker beer like a stout or porter.

Do I need any special equipment to make beer bread?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make beer bread. A mixing bowl, spoon or whisk, and a loaf pan are all you need. You can also use a bread machine on the dough setting if you have one.

Can I make beer bread without beer?

Yes, you can make beer bread without beer. You can substitute the beer with a carbonated beverage like soda or seltzer water. However, the flavor will be slightly different than if you used beer.

How long does beer bread last?

Beer bread can last for up to 3 days at room temperature, but it is best to store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to keep it fresh. You can also freeze beer bread for up to 3 months. To thaw, let it sit at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • elizabethfox