1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Beer Bread

1. BettieC

BettieC Member Gold Member

What kind of beer does everyone use? Or do you use water or sparkling juice?

Have you tried different beers and like one particular one, or really hated one particular one?

TIA
    Bettie

Apr 25, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I have made it once and used bud light.

Apr 25, 2009
  3. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

Well I've made beer bread once and I used Bud because that's what my husband drinks and what was in the house.

It was delicious, best I've tasted and other agreed.

The first time I ever had beer bread it was tastefully simple at a TS party and coors light was used. It was good and kind of sweet. I had TS again at our Holiday Cluster Meeting:eek::D and Coor Light was also used, pretty similar to previous.

Then next time and first time I had PC beer bread coors light again was used and it was good but at time I'd preffered TS.

My favorite was when I made it with regular Bud, so that's what I would reccomend.

Apr 25, 2009
  4. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

My DH drinks Bud Light, so I've used that. I usually get Miller Lite b/c it's a little cheaper. But don't use CHEAP beer. The taste is too strong.

Sooo.. I vote Bud Light or Miller Lite

Apr 25, 2009
  5. I've done the beer bread at my shows and most of the hosts have Bud Lite or Coors Lite.
    Either works really well. In addition to the bread I mix some of the dipping oil seasoning. I do one of each, serving in the small bamboo bowls. I've gotten good response from the beer bread and both dipping oil seasonings. I've have even gotten "replenishment" orders for the bread mix and the seasonings.

I have also done the Salsa cheesy bread receipe on the back of the beer bread mix box. It was really good but next time I make it I will add sliced or diced jalapenos.

Vicky

Apr 25, 2009
  6. Koolotus

Koolotus Advanced Member

I use Blue Moon, but that is what I drink. Has a citrusy flavor, yum

Apr 25, 2009
  7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

We like it made with ginger ale.

Apr 26, 2009
  8. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I really like it with Sierra Mist. Sprite is okay, but almost a little too sweet.

Apr 26, 2009
  9. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I have tried it many ways...I find the sodas make it more like a cake/muffin type. I usually use non alcoholic beer & once used regular, I found the non alcoholic tasted better, it is not as strong.....HTH

Apr 26, 2009
  10. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I like it bset with Sam Adams Lager.

11. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The type of beer you like as an ingredient in your beer bread will depend on the type of beer you like to drink. It's like the advice about cooking with wine - only cook with wine you'd drink because you still get the flavors. :)

I've made it with whatever we have in the house, usually Corona, Labatt's, or whatever one of DH's buddies brought over. The salsa and cheese variation on the box is also EXCELLENT.

Apr 26, 2009
  12. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Thanks for the heads up, I've never noticed that...:eek:
    Going downstairs to check it out...;)

Apr 26, 2009
  13. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I second the Blue Moon... It does give it a slight citrus taste.

Apr 26, 2009
  14. jen5512

jen5512 Guest

I make it with Heineken because that's what my hubby has around... it's good. Unique flavor but I love it and everyone raves when they try it at my shows or at vendor tables (i put it out with the dipping seasonings). Just today I got orders for the beer bread and the seasonings... I make a loaf, cut in cubes and freeze what I don't use for the next vendor show. Works great and you don't have to keep making it.

May 9, 2009
  15. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Hmmm...we just bought a variety pack of Michelob Ultra. Pomegranate, a lime-type flavor and an orange-type flavor. I bet one of these would taste really great in the bread...

May 9, 2009
  16. chefpenny99

chefpenny99 Member Gold Member

I'm not a beer drinker so I wouldn't know about the flavor of one brand over another. I use regular Bud because that's what my friend used (her's was the first beer bread I tried). For drinking I don't like the tast of beer, but for bread I love it!

May 9, 2009
  17. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I've used beer, and all sorts of other carbonated beverages.

Orange Soda is really good, and then throw in some grated orange rind, some chopped dried cranberries and chopped walnuts for a really good Cranberry/Orange Bread.

I like to use Club Soda, and add Southwest Seasoning and Cheddar Cheese.

Try 7-Up or Sprite, and some lemon and lime grated rinds, and blueberries....that's really yummy too!

May 9, 2009
Have something to add?