• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Pampered Chef Beer Bread Without Beer

In summary, the bread is easy to make, and really tasty. You can use just plain Club Soda, and whatever spices you might like - I like to use some Italian Seasoning, or Southwest Seasoning in mine sometimes.The bread is best with a darker beer, such as Sam Adams Lager or something basic like that.It is also good with Sparkling Apple...yum!
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I have a host who would like me to make the PC Beer Bread. I bought a box of it, and it says you can add beer, choice of soda, or juice. Since both the hostess and I don't drink beer:yuck: (and I don't want to go buy any), what should be put in it. Like what flavor of soda or juice?? It is going to go with the Smashed Potato Soup if that helps.

I've only made it with beer and it's really good, gives it a yeasty flavor. You can stop by a convenience store and just buy one bottle. Personally, I think it's best with the darker beers.

I don't like beer either... but the beer bread is great!!!:love:

All you need is 1 can of beer & it does not taste like beer anyway. If you use soda or juice it will be on the sweet side. You can also add some seasoning to spice it up. Right before I put it in the oven, I melt some butter & drizzle it over the top.

I'm doing a show with the 20 Min Ribs tomorrow. I think I'll make the bread to go with it!Thanks for the idea!!!

The bread is sooooooooooooo simple to make & its quite tasty.

I'm not sure DH will like me taking one of his beers though - ;)

I LOVE the beer bread. I tried it for THanksgiving and it was s huge hit. My friend's daughter did a project at school and had to cook something German, so, I got some German beer and cooked the bread with it for her to take. Her family tried it before she took it and loved it and kept on and on about it. I gave them a box and the loaf pan for Christmas! Before puns about beer bread for school start coming some student actually bought a can of foreign beer to school for hers. HA!

redsoxgirl said:
I'm not sure DH will like me taking one of his beers though - ;)

I usually use non alcoholic like O'Doulls (sp?) Also tell DH Manny Ramierez says its ok....:rolleyes:

jrstephens said:
I LOVE the beer bread. I tried it for THanksgiving and it was s huge hit. My friend's daughter did a project at school and had to cook something German, so, I got some German beer and cooked the bread with it for her to take. Her family tried it before she took it and loved it and kept on and on about it. I gave them a box and the loaf pan for Christmas! Before puns about beer bread for school start coming some student actually bought a can of foreign beer to school for hers. HA!

Well, it was either beer or saurkraut!:rolleyes: :D

Well, if Manny says it's ok he'll probably be ok with it.
But if Big Papi says it, he'll pour the beer in the BB for me ;)

elizabethfox said:
I have a host who would like me to make the PC Beer Bread. I bought a box of it, and it says you can add beer, choice of soda, or juice. Since both the hostess and I don't drink beer:yuck: (and I don't want to go buy any), what should be put in it. Like what flavor of soda or juice?? It is going to go with the Smashed Potato Soup if that helps.

You can use just plain Club Soda, and whatever spices you might like - I like to use some Italian Seasoning, or Southwest Seasoning in mine sometimes.

I make mine with Sprite. It is so good!!

I've done it with different sodas before too. Rootbeer I think once and sprite types a few times. I've had it with beer too (the alcohol cooks out), but cheap beer is not so good!!

What beer is recommended?

Also what do you serve it with? I'm thinking of making it for a party i'm hosting and i'm not sure what to put with it. Southwest dip?

I used Budweiser with mine b/c that was what my dad had in the frig. If I made it again I would use it since I loved it when I made it.

JaimeQ said:
Also what do you serve it with? I'm thinking of making it for a party i'm hosting and i'm not sure what to put with it. Southwest dip?

I mixed our Italian seasoning with butter and used it as a spread. I took the butter to church one time with crescents and everyone loved it too.

I've heard here and other places that darker beer is good. I was just planning on using Sam Adams Lager or something basic like that.I'm a huge fan of any sort of garlic dip with beer bread personally.

I make mine with Sparkling Apple Cider.

Everytime I make it, my family devours it! I use DH's Coors light from the can each time. It's sooo good! I'd be curious to try it with something else just to see if it tastes any different? Like club soda, juice, sprite etc... hmm interesting!

Haven't tried it. My bad. Bought it as a gift once.

Jules711 said:
I've done it with different sodas before too. Rootbeer I think once and sprite types a few times. I've had it with beer too (the alcohol cooks out), but cheap beer is not so good!!

Ha ha...that's why I was asking...since I don't buy beer, I don't know what the difference is between the "cheap" stuff and the "quality" stuff. :D

We always have some sort of soda around the house, so I figured I would save myself some money and just use that. But I want it to be so yummy that the guests at the show will want to buy some!! LOL;)

So is making it with Sprite going to be too sweet for it to go well with the Smashed Potato Soup?? Should I buy a can of beer instead?? If beer, what kind should I get??

Here's something I had in my files for Beer Bread mix. It's all good.
Deb:)

Attachments

• Beer Bread Recipes.doc
    26 KB · Views: 469
zmom58 said:
Here's something I had in my files for Beer Bread mix. It's all good.
Deb:)

Thanks! That helps!:balloon:

1 time I used Black Cherry soda & I added assorted dried mixed fruit, so it was on the sweet side & it turned pink! I brought it down to the boat, but the guys wouldnt try it cause it was pink:grumpy: but it went great in May for HWC shows!:chef:

redsoxgirl said:
I've heard here and other places that darker beer is good. I was just planning on using Sam Adams Lager or something basic like that.

I'm a huge fan of any sort of garlic dip with beer bread personally.
The Sam Adams Winter Lager is great in the beer bread. It has that touch of spice to it. Yum! All this talk of beer bread, now I want to make some for the Pats game tonight... but all I have is Guinness. I don't see that working well! ;)

HockeyLover said:
The Sam Adams Winter Lager is great in the beer bread. It has that touch of spice to it. Yum! All this talk of beer bread, now I want to make some for the Pats game tonight... but all I have is Guinness. I don't see that working well! ;)
I use Sam Adams in my beer bread too! Usually the regular lager - yum!

I agree I dont like beer either, although in a pinch I did make it with beer and I could taste the beer (probably because I am not a beer drinker!)

Thanks for bringing this up because I have a box in the pantry and its been sitting there for eons. I think I will try it with sprite. Thanks for the idea Kristin.

elizabethfox said:
Ha ha...that's why I was asking...since I don't buy beer, I don't know what the difference is between the "cheap" stuff and the "quality" stuff. :D

We always have some sort of soda around the house, so I figured I would save myself some money and just use that. But I want it to be so yummy that the guests at the show will want to buy some!! LOL;)

So is making it with Sprite going to be too sweet for it to go well with the Smashed Potato Soup?? Should I buy a can of beer instead?? If beer, what kind should I get??

I think making it with Sprite makes it too sweet - unless you are wanting a quick bread type of taste. It's good, it's just sweet. That is why, when I am going to have it as a side for soup or chili - I use the club soda.

I have not tried the club soda yet, maybe I'll do that tonight! But you are right soda makes it really sweet, like to be used for dessert....

Christ Follower said:
I make mine with Sparkling Apple Cider.

Oh, I bet that's really good!

Thanks for the tip. Ill have to get some club soda!

1. What can I use instead of beer to make Pampered Chef Beer Bread?

The Pampered Chef Beer Bread can also be made with a choice of soda or juice instead of beer. Any carbonated beverage, such as lemon-lime soda, club soda, or ginger ale, can be used as a substitute for beer. Fruit juices, such as apple or orange juice, can also be used for a non-alcoholic version of the bread.

2. Can I use any type of beer for the Pampered Chef Beer Bread?

Yes, you can use any type of beer for the Pampered Chef Beer Bread. The type of beer will affect the flavor of the bread, so choose one that you and your guests enjoy. Light beers will result in a milder flavor, while darker beers will add a richer taste to the bread.

3. How much beer, soda, or juice should I use for the beer bread?

The amount of liquid needed depends on the specific recipe used and the size of the beer bread mix box. Typically, you will need 12 ounces of liquid for a regular-sized box of beer bread mix. If using a smaller box, adjust the amount of liquid accordingly. It is always best to follow the instructions on the box for the most accurate measurements.

4. Can I use non-alcoholic beer for the Pampered Chef Beer Bread?

Yes, non-alcoholic beer can be used as a substitute for regular beer in the Pampered Chef Beer Bread. It will still provide the carbonation and flavor needed for the bread, but without the alcohol content. Non-alcoholic beer can be found in most grocery stores and is a great option for those who do not consume alcohol.

5. What is the best pairing for the Pampered Chef Beer Bread?

The Pampered Chef Beer Bread is a versatile accompaniment to many dishes, but it pairs especially well with soups, stews, and chili. For a delicious combination, try it with the Smashed Potato Soup as suggested by the host. The bread's savory flavor and soft texture make it a perfect complement to hearty and comforting dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SonyaVerrillo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies