• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake Beer Bread in Alternative Pans?

In summary, you can make beer bread without a loaf pan by shaping and baking it in a skillet or on a baking sheet. Any type of beer can be used for beer bread, but lighter beers with mild flavors are recommended. Non-alcoholic alternatives can also be used, but may alter the flavor and texture of the bread. Beer bread does not require any proofing or rising time, and can be checked for doneness by inserting a toothpick or tapping the bottom of the bread.
linojackie
I wanted to try to make the beer bread, but realized I have already packed my loaf pans for the move. Do you suppose it might work in the rectangle baker? That and the round stone are all I left out!

Yes! A good friend of mine (who sells Tastefully Simple) prefers her's in the round pans, and I know she's done them in the 9x13 also, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you! You may have to lessen the cook time a bit because the batter will be spread a little thinner, if you know what I mean!

It would work but I'd double the recipe (use both packets and 2 beers/sodas/liquid equivalent).

I poured the batter into it and it just didn't look like it was going to spread out right, so I dug out one of my loaf pans.

Now, which seasoning/rub makes the best dip w/ mayo and sour cream??? :D

Hello there! Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can definitely use the rectangle baker or the round stone to make the beer bread. The shape of the pan may slightly alter the appearance of the bread, but it should still turn out delicious. Happy baking!

1. Can I make beer bread without a loaf pan?

Yes, you can make beer bread without a loaf pan. There are other ways to shape and bake the bread, such as in a skillet or on a baking sheet.

2. What type of beer should I use for beer bread?

You can use any type of beer for beer bread, but lighter beers with mild flavors typically work best. Some popular choices include lagers, pilsners, and wheat beers.

3. Can I substitute the beer with a non-alcoholic alternative?

Yes, you can substitute beer with a non-alcoholic alternative such as club soda, ginger ale, or even chicken or vegetable broth. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the bread may be slightly different.

4. Do I need to proof the dough for beer bread?

No, beer bread does not require any proofing or rising time. The carbonation in the beer helps the bread rise while it bakes.

5. How do I know when beer bread is done baking?

You can check if beer bread is done by inserting a toothpick or small knife into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is fully baked. You can also tap the bottom of the bread - if it sounds hollow, it is done baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • CindysPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • straitfan