1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Beer Bread Mix

1. Any suggestions on Beer Bread Mix Recipes? I have a box but do not really know how to fix it. Thanks!

Jamie Foster
    Kitchen Consultant
    Church Hill, TN

Feb 28, 2005
  2. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Hi Jamie- thanks for posting.
    If you do a search for beer bread (up above in the maroon line) there are a bunch of recipes on this board. Keep the search function in mind- you can search for anything just type in the keywords and click enter.

Feb 28, 2005
  3. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

Beer Bread

I would like a recipe for the beer bread mix that tastes like bread without using the beer. I used strawberry water, but its too sweet, more like a dessert than bread. I have had it with coke, but it is also too sweet. I am not really a bread eater, but my husband and kids love bread. Has anyone used plain water in place of the beer? I don't drink and I am not going to go and buy beer. I personally do not think it sets a good example. I don't have a problem with other people drinking, but I don't want it in my home for any reason. I am sure there are others who feel the same way. I know the beer is to give it a yeast flavor, but still don't want to use it. Thanks for your help.

Shawnna

Mar 1, 2005
  4. PamperedGinger

PamperedGinger Advanced Member

You can use any carbonated beverage in place of the beer. It is the carbination that it needs.

5. I have used apple juice and it turned out well. If you like the flavor of the strawberry but it's too sweet, just use 1/2 club soda or seltzer.

Just a note too, if you read the directions on the side of the box, it actually says to use non-alcoholic beer. I myself don't like that flavor but I had a person just come to a show to buy the beer bread that she had at a chili party and she bought 6 boxes and I served it at a party I hosted, and everyone raved about it, I had one customer buy 3 boxes. I don't get it myself but people really like it.

:confused:

Mar 2, 2005
Have something to add?