• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Beer Bread be Made in a Mini-Loaf Stone?

In summary, the conversation discusses using beer bread mix to make mini loaves for gifts and various ways to enhance the flavor such as using different carbonated beverages and seasonings. The recommended baking time for the mini loaves is located on the beer bread mix box. Freezing the bread is also an option for later use.
ChefPaulaB
Has anyone done this? I'm trying to think of a good bread to make in the mini-loaf stone for gifts... and I thought using the beer bread mix, but making it with the cinnamon sprinkles or something like that be good... but not sure about the details. Does one beer bread make 2 or 4 mini loafs and what about cooking times? TIA!

I do this all the time. They make great gifts! (I do 3 loaves.)

SusanBP0129 said:
I do this all the time. They make great gifts! (I do 3 loaves.)

thank you! Do you just do straight beer bread or do you make it different and how long do you bake it? What do you do with the 4th well?

I do 4 loaves when I do the beer bread, and I've done several variations. (I really dislike even the smell of beer - so I sub other carbonated beverages)

I've used club soda, and added parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning

I've done it with Dill Mix

I've done it with Cheddar Cheese, and Southwestern Seasoning

I've used Orange Soda, with grated orange peel, and chopped cranberries for a really yummy Orange-Cranberry Bread.

I've made it with Sparkling Apple Cider - I bet Caramel or Cinnamon Sprinkles would be really good added to this one!

Another one I'd like to try, but haven't yet is Cherry Soda w/ chocolate chips.

I do 4 loaves too and it works perfect. Makes the bread last much longer (if I make 1 large loaf it disappears just as fast as 1 of the small loaves. I often give a host or neighbor 1 or 2 of the loaves when I make it.

I usually do the beer but have tried soda and it was good too. I'll have to try some of Becky's variations - especially the orange-cranberry and the apple spice.

Becky, what liquid do you use with the seasonings?

BethCooks4U said:
I do 4 loaves too and it works perfect. Makes the bread last much longer (if I make 1 large loaf it disappears just as fast as 1 of the small loaves. I often give a host or neighbor 1 or 2 of the loaves when I make it.

I usually do the beer but have tried soda and it was good too. I'll have to try some of Becky's variations - especially the orange-cranberry and the apple spice.

Becky, what liquid do you use with the seasonings?

I always use club soda.

I have this aversion to beer that dates back to being 12 yrs old, and having to pick up the trash along the front of our property line (we lived on a country road). Often, in the summer, people would throw beer cans along the road w/ beer still in them, and more than once, I spilled old, stale, warm beer on myself while picking up the trash.:yuck::yuck::yuck: The smell would make me sick - and to this day, I go right back to being 12 with stale old beer on my shoes when I smell beer.:yuck:

Mmmmm, those all sound good. I think the Sparkling Cider and cinnamon sprinkles sound good for Christmas gifts. But, I still didn't catch the baking times, oh never mind... I actually looked on the Beer Bread box and it has the times for the mini-loaf (duh! :blushing:)... anyway, thanks for the ideas!

Can you freeze this after you make it? Will it keep? Just wondering if I make some up and have to wait a few days or whatever to give to certain people....

ChefPaulaB said:
Can you freeze this after you make it? Will it keep? Just wondering if I make some up and have to wait a few days or whatever to give to certain people....

I have frozen it with no problem.

1. How do I use the mini-loaf stone to make beer bread?

To make beer bread in the mini-loaf stone, preheat your oven to 375°F and lightly grease the stone. In a mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of self-rising flour and 1/4 cup of sugar. Slowly pour in a 12 oz. bottle of beer and mix until well combined. Pour the batter into the mini-loaf stone and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

2. Can I use any type of beer for the beer bread?

Yes, you can use any type of beer for the beer bread. However, different types of beer will result in slightly different flavors. For a sweeter bread, use a wheat beer or a fruit beer. For a more savory bread, use a stout or a dark ale.

3. How many mini-loaves does the stone make?

The mini-loaf stone can make up to four mini-loaves at a time. However, the amount may vary depending on the size of your mini-loaf pan and how much batter you fill each one with.

4. Can I add any other ingredients to the beer bread batter?

Yes, you can add in additional ingredients such as shredded cheese, herbs, or chopped nuts to the beer bread batter for added flavor and texture. Just be sure to adjust the amount of flour and beer accordingly to maintain the right consistency.

5. How do I clean the mini-loaf stone after making beer bread?

The mini-loaf stone is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Be sure to let it cool completely before cleaning. Do not use metal utensils or knives on the stone as it may cause scratches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • linojackie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • straitfan