• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Been Asked Before ~ but How Do You Store Everything?

In summary, Karen stores her PC products in the closet in her laundry room, totes or on the floor of her family room. She is reorganizing them again.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I know this question has been asked before, but I am looking for suggestions on how to store all my PC products!

My kitchen is too small for me to add anything do it, so I have most of it stored in either totes or some of it in the closet in my laundry room....but having three totes full and just sitting on the floor of our family room isn't working the best!

What do you all do?

Thanks,
Karen

Go through your cupboards and get rid of things you don't use or that you have PC items to replace them with. You can also keep your kit packed and the bag in a closet or your car. Do you have a garage, attic or basement? Perhaps you could put some shelves up. If you have things you never use or don't plan to use then consider gifting them. Are you using any of the items you have in those totes? If not, why not? Is it because they aren't convenient? If its because you don't have a need for them then gift or sell them.

Agree with Beth, get rid of stuff you don't use or don't plan to use. Some of the kitchen products I've gotten (not just PC, but others) just don't work out for one reason or another. Give it away or sell it on here.

An organizing book I read pointed out, set up your kitchen so the things you use daily are around waist to shoulder height. Things you use about once per week - make them so you have to stand on tippy-toe or bend down to get them. All the other stuff can go elsewhere.

We're blessed with nice shelving in the basement and that's where I put appliances & PC product I don't use often. Such as the bread maker that rarely gets used in the summer, specialty stones, tart pans. I was previously keeping some of that stuff upstairs and it was a hassle getting into that pantry closet to get the salad spinner out. The only way to pack things into that closet, it had to go in back of the breadmaker. I decided to eat healthier and put the salad spinner on that shelf by itself where it's easy to get to, & the breadmaker downstairs.

The drawers were way too crowded with gadgets, too. Now the pizza wheel, pastry wheel, balloon whisk, pastry cutter, V-cutter, mango wedger, easy decorator & other stuff for making cookies are in a small plastic tub in the laundry room. I don't want to get rid of them because I enjoy using them now & then, and I can still get to them fairly easily. Now, the daily stuff like spatulas & turners in the drawers are so much less of a pain to dig through.

Also - I had to reorganize stuff a few times to get it right. Just ordered the spring 2012 sample packages so guess what I'll be doing again this week? Reorganizing it again.:eek:

I went through my kitchen not too long ago and pulled out items I never use to set aside for another 6 months to see if I needed them. I thought to myself, what am I really using for all my cooking and why not keep just that. Sold a set of stainless pots/pans (never used them), along with a variety of other things. Now, that being said, I have a LOT of cabinet space and they're still full. Certain things like my wok, while not heavily used, serves a purpose, so I've kept it. Same with my giant stock pot. I'm down to the 7 piece Non stick set, and extras like grill pan, but I went to my basics based on my cooking style

I had a closet under the stairs in Japan that I used to put up free standing shelving units and stored some stuff in there. (Like the simple additions items that I'd pull out for special events but not use every day.) We closed the door from the kitchen to the dining room, put up a free standing shelving unit there & that's where I kept all the pots, pans & stoneware. None of the cabinet doors were wide enough to store it under a counter. I had the bottom shelf just tall enough that the trash can & recycle bins fit under it. That kitchen was TINY! Maybe 5' deep and 3' wide? Oh, here you go ... the width of my kitchen in Tokyo! LOLhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179235_1800871066754_4530667_n.jpg

LOL ~ was looking through Facebook to see if I could find a photo of the shelving unit maybe in the background of another picture ... but here's an example of how small my kitchen was ... I had to put the bake sale items in the laundry room to cool! LOLhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/58343_1577280077119_6581232_n.jpg

I originally had them stored in coolers that roll for easy transport. Until I started to do the carry less, sell more show. I cleaned out my kitchen and got rid of excess supplies and stuff I don't use anymore. I put every single pampered chef item that I had in my kitchen and my kitchen closet. I now use my pampered chef items way more now, then I did before.

I have a good size kitchen, so that probably wont help you much. BUT. I do have quite a bit of extra stuff I use in mynkit or that I dont use very often (ie the large stockpot, cake pedastals, roasting pan....too big for my kitchen). I have a walk-in master bedroom closet. I put extra shelves in it and have one section with my PC stuff. My crates/bags sit in front of the shelves or under them.

If you have under bed storage space, maybe you can get those storage totes with wheels that would go under your bed(s) for things you dont need often or use all the time.

But honestly, if it is stuff you dont use, then have an open house show and sell it at a discount. use it to get some business maybe?

ThanksIt's been 14 months since I saw it, so I almost forgot! I also have a cabinet that's intended to be an armoire, that I converted to a PC cabinet. I used to use if for products and paperwork, but expanded out to a bookshelf too. Then when we moved to Tokyo, I started using it just for paperwork & putting the products in that closet under the stairs. But when I built the cabinet, I sat some of those (Rubbermaid?) plastic stackable drawers in the side where clothes are supposed to hang, then used the shelves on the other side for paperwork, products, etc. The drawers are used to organize the smaller stufff ... SBRC cookbooks (I still have a few from season's past that I keep in case someone's missing one in their collection), recruiting packets, various door prize drawing gifts, etc. There's a shelf across the top where I have stackable file trays and that's where I keep my Host Coaching forms, outside order forms, wish list forms, etc. It helps being able to shut the door (and lock it when the kids were in the nosy stage) and hide all the paperwork vs. having it out all over a desk somewhere. I had that cabinet next to the dining room in both Okinawa & Tokyo and could work at the table with my laptop, assemble host packets at the table, pack for shows, etc. All right there in one central location. :DBefore I got the stackable drawers, I had my roll cart on the hanging clothes side with the consultant tote sitting on top! :D And yes, there was a time when I kept stuff in them too. LOL

We moved/downsized this spring to a new house. In preparation, I had a huge Open House sale for all my past hosts only. I sold TONS of stuff that were duplicates or that I just don't use--all to happy homes. HOWEVER, I seem to continue to accumulate more and more, like everyone else. I think my sale will be a yearly event. I did take the move as an opportunity to incorporate so much more of my Pampered Chef and get rid of similar items. This is probably not very helpful, but we can all commiserate together.

1. How do I store my knives safely?

We recommend storing knives in a knife block or on a magnetic strip to protect the blades and prevent accidents. Avoid storing them loose in a drawer where they can become dull or pose a safety hazard.

2. What is the best way to store spices?

The best way to store spices is in a cool, dark place away from heat and moisture. You can use a spice rack, drawer organizer, or small jars to keep them organized and easily accessible.

3. How should I store my bakeware and pans?

Bakeware and pans can be stored in a cabinet or on a rack, but make sure they are stacked neatly and not overcrowded to avoid scratches and damage. You can also use dividers or organizers to keep them separated and easily accessible.

4. What is the best way to store leftover food?

Leftover food should be stored in airtight containers or resealable bags in the refrigerator or freezer. Make sure to label them with the contents and date for easy identification and to prevent food waste.

5. How can I maximize space in my pantry?

To maximize space in your pantry, use stackable containers and bins to store dry goods and snacks. You can also install shelves or use hanging organizers to utilize vertical space. Don't forget to regularly declutter and organize to make the most of your pantry's space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hselby87
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies