• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beef Jerky Recipes: Best Cuts & Tips for Making Delicious Treats

In summary, the conversation discusses different recipes and tips for making beef jerky. Some recommendations include marinating the meat in red wine or using a pre-made marinade, slicing the meat thinly, and using a lean cut of meat. The conversation also suggests checking out websites like Food Network and Recipezaar for more recipes and using a dehydrator or oven to cook the jerky.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Anyone have any Beef Jerky recipes they would like to share? Any tips? What is the best cut of meat - and I'm thinking beef from a cow, no wild game here.

My grandma used to make deer jerky this way:

cut into thin slices (as thin as possible, you can partially freeze the meat to ease in cutting)

marinate in red wine overnight.

drain, and apply pepper liberally

hang over oven rack, place in oven with pilot light lit.

Leave in oven until fully dehydrated.

That is all I can remember from when I was a kid, I used to help. I loved that jerky, but boy did it sting my mouth from all of the pepper. I guess you could use beef as well, we just always had a ready supply of deer meat.

You could also check out the food network website, I remember Alton Brown doing a show on jerky.

Also, I love http://www.recipezaar.com. They have a wealth of recipes right at your fingertips, and you can even narrow it down by ingredient, etc.

We make several batches of beef jerky a year. My DH found this wonderful marinade made by Allegro. There are several flavors, but the one we love is the Creole. It is really good. We do ours in the dehydrator.
Good luck,
Kel

We make jerky all the time we freeze lonbon broil cut it when its poartially thawed with the old vario slicer as thin as we can get it
we use a jerky seasoning from Hi Mountain (you can buy it at Cabellas or other sporting goods type stores now we used to order it)Our favorites are Inferno, cajun, pepper, original, hickory
they have many others we do it on 200 (I think ) in the oven overnight

Hi there! I'd be happy to share some beef jerky recipes with you. One of my favorites is a teriyaki beef jerky made with flank steak. It's important to use a lean cut of meat to ensure the jerky is not too fatty. I also recommend marinating the meat for at least 12 hours to really infuse the flavors. As for tips, make sure to use a sharp knife to slice the meat against the grain for a more tender jerky. Happy cooking!

What are the best cuts of beef to use for making beef jerky?

The best cuts of beef for making beef jerky are lean and low in fat. Some recommended cuts include top round, eye of round, or flank steak. It is important to trim off any excess fat before slicing the meat for jerky.

Can I use any type of marinade for my beef jerky?

Yes, you can use a variety of marinades for beef jerky. Popular options include soy sauce based marinades, teriyaki marinades, or spicy marinades. It is important to marinate the beef for at least 12 hours before dehydrating for maximum flavor.

How long does it take to make beef jerky?

The total time for making beef jerky can vary depending on the recipe and method used. Typically, it takes around 12-14 hours to marinate the beef and 4-6 hours to dehydrate it. However, some recipes may require longer marinating or dehydrating times.

Can I make beef jerky without a dehydrator?

Yes, it is possible to make beef jerky without a dehydrator. You can use an oven set at a low temperature (around 175-200 degrees Fahrenheit) or a smoker to dehydrate the beef. However, using a dehydrator will result in a more consistent and evenly dried product.

How should I store my homemade beef jerky?

To ensure your homemade beef jerky stays fresh and safe to eat, it is important to store it properly. You can store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. It is important to label and date your beef jerky for storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies