1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Beef Jerky

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Anyone have any Beef Jerky recipes they would like to share? Any tips? What is the best cut of meat - and I'm thinking beef from a cow, no wild game here.

Jun 2, 2009
  2. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

My grandma used to make deer jerky this way:

cut into thin slices (as thin as possible, you can partially freeze the meat to ease in cutting)

marinate in red wine overnight.

drain, and apply pepper liberally

hang over oven rack, place in oven with pilot light lit.

Leave in oven until fully dehydrated.

That is all I can remember from when I was a kid, I used to help. I loved that jerky, but boy did it sting my mouth from all of the pepper. I guess you could use beef as well, we just always had a ready supply of deer meat.

You could also check out the food network website, I remember Alton Brown doing a show on jerky.

Also, I love Recipezaar - Recipe index with thousands of free recipes. They have a wealth of recipes right at your fingertips, and you can even narrow it down by ingredient, etc.

Jun 2, 2009
  3. We make several batches of beef jerky a year. My DH found this wonderful marinade made by Allegro. There are several flavors, but the one we love is the Creole. It is really good. We do ours in the dehydrator.
    Good luck,
    Kel

4. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

We make jerky all the time we freeze lonbon broil cut it when its poartially thawed with the old vario slicer as thin as we can get it
    we use a jerky seasoning from Hi Mountain (you can buy it at Cabellas or other sporting goods type stores now we used to order it)

Our favorites are Inferno, cajun, pepper, original, hickory
    they have many others we do it on 200 (I think ) in the oven overnight

Jun 3, 2009
Have something to add?